• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With Honda Civic Ek3

Killer-B

Question

Hey guys,

Can someone please advice me regarding a honda civic.

Car is pretty similar to this : http://www.autolanka...ad.asp?ID=64828

Car is a Civic Ferio. (and I don't know what "Ferio" means, could use some help :D)

Is this a V-tec engine? and the steering wheel had two buttons to change from E-D-S. My guess is that Transmission is CVT?

Is there any issues with this particular gearbox? And is there anything in particular I should specially check for in this car?

Reg nos were GS- and YOM-99 asking price 2mil.

Cheers!

Edited by Killer-B

17 answers to this question

I don't know what "Ferio" means, could use some help- look at this http://en.wikipedia....nda_Civic_Ferio and some people say it's mean 4 door.

Is this a V-tec engine? and the steering wheel had two buttons to change from E-D-S. My guess is that Transmission is CVT?-i can't say for sure some one else have to answer that question.

Is there any issues with this particular gearbox? And is there anything in particular I should specially check for in this car? -check if this car have a cvt(multimatic) gear box if so check it's maintained properly if they are not maintained properly they are famous to give problems other than that check the usual stuff you look when buying a car.

Reg nos were GS- and YOM-99 asking price 2mil.-if it well maintained seems like correct price to me but try to talk down the price a little.

good luck fella.

Edited by nexus

well, i think i can fill you in a little because that link there is my car!

it's not a VTEC motor. we discussed this in a similar thread a little while ago. the civic ferio in Mi trim has a SOHC non-vtec engine. other trims like Vi, ViRS, Exi, Rti all have VTEC.

yup its a CVT box. and the presets on the steering wheel are to select at which engine rpm the CVT begins doing its magic. on econ, its an 1500 rpm, D its at 1900 and S its closer to 3000. not only this, the presets also tell the ECU to change the air-fuel ratios as necessary. its fun to have buttons on the steering wheel that make you go faster (or slower!)

lots of people have issues with the CVT box because they don't maintain it properly. as another member pointed out in a different thread, CVT's handle more torque than usual boxes, and so their gear oil is thinner. (less viscous). if you use normal ATF fluid to top this up, it will most definitely ruin your box after a while. also CVT fluid needs to be topped up every 15-17000 km's. 17k is the agent specification. once the box goes bust, there aren't many mechanics who will take the risk of repairing the cvt. the agents would love to replace it for you for a 6 figure sum. so take a good look at that if you're planning to buy one. the easiest way to tell if its bad is to shift into reverse on a cold start. the car will not engage gear until about 1500-2000rpm then snap into reverse with a loud thud, and also snap your neck.

marketing on threads is against AL rules. so PM me or call if you want more details on mine.

umm this is off the topic

could someone explain me whats special in EK3 Vi-Rs?

32085140019_large.jpg

the difference of the vi-rs are it have front strut bar and rear anti roll bar suspension are stiffer ecu is different it come's with body kit and spoiler interior seats are different dashboard is different and if it's a manual gear knob is different than others front grill come with rs badge two back doors and dicky door have vi-RS stickers headlights ate different than normal ek3 and it comes with 15 size honda alloy wheels rear glass are come with original black glass.

It allows you to do cool things like this.

mzzOt.jpg

LMAO, but don't all EK3s come with a VTEC?

the difference of the vi-rs are it have front strut bar and rear anti roll bar suspension are stiffer ecu is different it come's with body kit and spoiler interior seats are different dashboard is different and if it's a manual gear knob is different than others front grill come with rs badge two back doors and dicky door have vi-RS stickers headlights ate different than normal ek3 and it comes with 15 size honda alloy wheels rear glass are come with original black glass.

any difference in the engine?

Edited by Magnum

but don't all EK3s come with a VTEC?

any difference in the engine?

nope both Mi and ML trims are not vtec.

both vi and vi-rs have same engine 3 stage vtec engine only difference in engine is ECU.

and could i also know the price range of Honda Civic EK3 ViRs? looks like a good car to suggest when people ask for suggestions

the price range from 2.1 mill to 2.25mill if it's a multimatic one if it's a manual one price range from 2.2 mill and 2.35 mill and yes it's a good car to own with good fuel consumption acceleration and good handling as Reckless mentioned if CVT(multimatic) gear box docent take care the correct way it's famous to give trouble.

For LEV's it says low emesion vehicle. what does it really means?

also i have seen there is another similer version to virs named EK3 exclusive with Front RS grill,all four Disk brakes,lip kit,power antenna,

diffrent i can see is no sports seats, smoke head lamps. is that version coming with a V-tec engine?

Edited by maheshw

nope both Mi and ML trims are not vtec.

both vi and vi-rs have same engine 3 stage vtec engine only difference in engine is ECU.

Sure ? the Vi-RS does not mention V Tec on the engine though it is V Tec , but the engine on the Vi mentions it,

Sure ? the Vi-RS does not mention V Tec on the engine though it is V Tec , but the engine on the Vi mentions it,

i'm 100% sure about that vi and vi-rs have same D15B 130bhp 3 stage vtec engine all the vi and vi-rs i have seen are have honda in top of the engine where in the engine it have mentioned?.

btw @ komisiripala is the 1.6 LEV is vtec or non vtec?.

For LEV's it says low emesion vehicle. what does it really means?

also i have seen there is another similer version to virs named EK3 exclusive with Front RS grill,all four Disk brakes,lip kit,power antenna,

diffrent i can see is no sports seats, smoke head lamps. is that version coming with a V-tec engine?

it have low emission than other cars at it's range.

i think what you mention is civic vi special edition or there are some vi's come with most of the vi-rs accessories fix from singapore if so they have 3 stage vtec engine.

• Like 1