• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brake Booster - Place To Buy

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi friends,

I had posted a thread regarding brakes previously and thanks to all, Now I need to know a better place to buy a brake booster. The one I have now is a NISSIN (NISSIN Master Power NM180V-5, No. 61021-5535) brand and I think it is also something that was replaced by the previous owner (Not the original one). Last week I went to see some shops but thought of asking someone who knows well before buying. I am looking for an brand-new one which I think is better than having a reconditioned one even if it may cost a little. Anyway the one I have is now cannot be used and I think boosters are not be able to repair. (Pls correct me if I am wrong).

Mostly I found the SEIKEN brand in panchikawatte and don't know whether it is actually a Japanese or something duplicated. Anyway please post a reply if you know anything about this or what to see for buying a brake booster. The vehicle is 4DR5 J44 and highly appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Nishan

This is an interesting blog I found on the J44 written by a Sri Lankan chap. Maybe you have come across it before. http://mitsubishi-jeep.blogspot.com/

Hi Don,

Thanks for posting it. Yes I could find the blog before and "Shanaka" who owned it has done some excellent work there. Seems like the writing has stopped. :( Again thanks for the post.

Edited by Nishan.dj

Hi guys...,

Wish you all a very happy 2012 .. :)

I could get the brake problem fixed with all of your suggestions and all help. I must thank you all about that. (And also Iroshana who emailed me and helped me understand most mechanical stuff.. :) )

I couldn't find a same size booster that comes with a 1 inch pump anywhere (basically delkanda and panchikawatte). [i am posting these facts to be helpful for someone who just like me one day :)]

What I experienced when I was looking for a booster is that,

There are basically 2 types of boosters (correct me if I am wrong pls)

1. Boosters that get sealed from the front side without the master pump attached to it

2. Boosters that get sealed from the front side only when the master pump is attached to it.

So the original 4DR5 booster is a type that get sealed without the pump as well and almost all the booster I could find are falling in to second category. Therefore I had to find a booster + master pump to fix the problem.

Another issue that I could find the same size booster that matches to the 4DR5 original booster size but they got smaller size pumps like 3/4 or 7/8 or 13/16 which is not compatible with the original 4DR5 master pump size (15/16)

However the problem was solved by re-locating the clutch pump and then attaching the new booster + master pump (1 inch) and now as Janith said, little bit more boost is a good experience.

There is a small issue that I have to overcome which is, the tank (correct me with the correct name of the equipment if you know pls) that supports the booster (its in between the alternator and the booster) to is not enough to support to the booster when the engine is idle which cause the brake pedal to be a bit hard to push. So I think it would be Ok if I put a new tank which contain valves that matches to the current booster that can help to solve that matter.

So again I must thank you all and hope you would reply as you all were before .. :) Thanks again.

Edited by Nishan.dj

Hi guys...,

Wish you all a very happy 2012 .. :)

I could get the brake problem fixed with all of your suggestions and all help. I must thank you all about that. (And also Iroshana who emailed me and helped me understand most mechanical stuff.. :) )

I couldn't find a same size booster that comes with a 1 inch pump anywhere (basically delkanda and panchikawatte). [i am posting these facts to be helpful for someone who just like me one day :)]

What I experienced when I was looking for a booster is that,

There are basically 2 types of boosters (correct me if I am wrong pls)

1. Boosters that get sealed from the front side without the master pump attached to it

2. Boosters that get sealed from the front side only when the master pump is attached to it.

So the original 4DR5 booster is a type that get sealed without the pump as well and almost all the booster I could find are falling in to second category. Therefore I had to find a booster + master pump to fix the problem.

Another issue that I could find the same size booster that matches to the 4DR5 original booster size but they got smaller size pumps like 3/4 or 7/8 or 13/16 which is not compatible with the original 4DR5 master pump size (15/16)

However the problem was solved by re-locating the clutch pump and then attaching the new booster + master pump (1 inch) and now as Janith said, little bit more boost is a good experience.

There is a small issue that I have to overcome which is, the tank (correct me with the correct name of the equipment if you know pls) that supports the booster (its in between the alternator and the booster) to is not enough to support to the booster when the engine is idle which cause the brake pedal to be a bit hard to push. So I think it would be Ok if I put a new tank which contain valves that matches to the current booster that can help to solve that matter.

So again I must thank you all and hope you would reply as you all were before .. :) Thanks again.

Dear Member,

you have realized to do the correct thing for your existing faulty booster.(So I think it would be OK if I put a new tank which contain valves that matches to the current booster that can help to solve that matter).

I did not want to post this because more experienced members in the subject was posting their opinions to the forum for your posts.

I would have modified the booster to another similar one without wasting time.

What I did in good old times in 1965 to 1980 when there were no free imports like today.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi