• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio Or Prius

sagu

Buy decently maintained E39 525i for about 3.8. Spend about 150k for redoing the leather, 150k for painting and may be another 150k for a new set of tyres and an alloy wheel refurbishment. Another about 300K for redoing the AC system, gearbox oil change, change a few sensors that would need replacement with the age and a good oil service. For a total of 4.5 mill or lower you got your self a brand new condition e39 525i, leaving another 450k for maintenance, which would be sufficient for a long time.

However it all depends on your needs. If you just want a mode of transportation from A to B, by all means go for the axio. But if you want to enjoy the drive going from A to B go for the above. But pls don't go for a Bimmer or any euro for that matter just for the badge and cut corners on repairs and ruin the car.

Go for a good SUV

Montero Sport/Prado/etc...Diesal version is good

Dont get in to troubles by buying those rear Euro models.....it will cost arm and leg when calls for repairs.

Spend sensibly.

your decision will decide your future and your after life too lol

decide weather to waste time in garages and drive once a month or drive daily and stay out of repairs.

Some freaks will advise you to by Jaguars/Alfa Romeos.......Dont get confused.Its their nature.They are trying to pull you in to their hell.

Ave

Dont get in to troubles by buying those rear Euro models.....it will cost arm and leg when calls for repairs.

Ya well the "rear" only of any car would be useless irrespective of the continent of origin.

Most issues with euro's pop up due to either non regular usage or non regular maintenance.

Edited by rangerover

Go for a good SUV

Dude, which part of SL you from??

Are you ready to do a price comparison of parts and repairs between few selected Euro models and your beloved Montero sport/Prado "Diesal" :speechless-smiley-004: ??

MINIACE

Ya well the "rear" only of any car would be useless irrespective of the continent of origin.

Most issues with euro's pop up due to either non regular usage or non regular maintenance.

Mostly when the Toyota drivers migrate to Euros... :) and treat the euro like a Rosa bus... :)

• Like 1

ok this is garilla marketing now.. and im with VVTI on this

if you have that kind of money, why go for same all japaese stuff when u could go for a bimmer or a benz or a jag..

the hell

isnt 5M way too much for an axio

my dad sold his couple of months ago for 3.8M

and as a previous axio owner (well sort of).. IT LOOK LIKE A FREAKING BOX ON WHEELS... atleast the prius have 'some' curves

but still from both of them

i too suggest the prius. but still you have way more other options..

might i suggest a new Mazda Axela or a Civic Hybrid

agreed schiffer the axio is a freaking box on wheels the 2003 allion luks much better

My view is that since he seems comfortable with a jap let him be. What's the point of suggesting to buying something which one does not appreciate nor value?

Without the due care and respect, one would eventually ruin such a vehicle and speak against those in the future.

• Like 2

Go for a good SUV

Spend sensibly.

your decision will decide your future and your after life too lol

decide weather to waste time in garages and drive once a month or drive daily and stay out of repairs.

Some freaks will advise you to by Jaguars/Alfa Romeos.......Dont get confused.Its their nature.They are trying to pull you in to their hell.

Ave

into thier hell.. what hell man.. people who own euros have a much better time with thier ride than just an A to B ride..

There is a special place in hell for those who love, own and drive Alfas, Jags, TVRs, BMW, Mercs, etc etc.... its called the V*P Lounge where the naughty girls hang out......

All those jacking off to their Axios in the mornings will have to make do with hanging out at Toyota Lanka hoping they will increase your KMPls by at least 1kmpl..... :)

Ave

Both of these cars are no bad.. But there are better options for that price in market.

How about SUV's, Honda's, Mazda's, KIA'a and Euro models???

Well recently I went to Colombo Races and observed that not a single Toyota was there. And then my friend told me the reason..

The race called "Greatest mileage for a liter" was not there... LOL

5 mil is waaaay too much for an axio. you can get a nice allion for that kinda money with more options. but the problem with both of these cars is they'll be replaced within the next 2 years. the prius it won't be. but you seem like a safe conservative guy who's new to this car business so the unconventional-ness of the prius might put you off.

my advice is get an allion. 5 mil will get you a nice used example with multifunction and hids or a little more and and you can get a mint unregistered one. I'm guessing the next gen version won't arrive in our shores till end of 2013. so your investment is safe. as for the axio expect to see an all new model here within the next 12 months

it'll be here by 2012 July or August!

Dude, which part of SL you from??

Are you ready to do a price comparison of parts and repairs between few selected Euro models and your beloved Montero sport/Prado "Diesal" :speechless-smiley-004: ??

MINIACE

Yes Machang

I do appreciate if you could enlighten the hungry minds of ours...really i mean it

There is a special place in hell for those who love, own and drive Alfas, Jags, TVRs, BMW, Mercs, etc etc.... its called the V*P Lounge where the naughty girls hang out......

All those jacking off to their Axios in the mornings will have to make do with hanging out at Toyota Lanka hoping they will increase your KMPls by at least 1kmpl..... :)

Ave

I like that man......i also love to hang around with those sluts .....but ill have it in this life and drive the Euros in heaven.

Ive hared that the fuel and spares of Euro models are pretty cheap in heaven cos of a promotional campaign

Cos the number of Euro owners entering heaven are less in number