• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suggest Me A Car (Glanza S/v Or Ep91 Conversion??)

chathumal

Hi guys,

im quite new to this forum, Could any one find me a Glanza s for a V..??

Or do you guys think its worth it if i do a 100% complete conversion?

pelase help..

Thank you Very much...

Chathumal

Now here is your dilemma. The Glanza is a rare breed in Sri Lanka so you will have to be a bit patient to find one. Because of the high price of the EP91 a conversion would nearly always not be economically viable (as in you will never recover the cost on resale) but if you don't care about that it should not be too difficult, because the parts are bolt on (though I have never seen any kits for sale). But perhaps considering the cost why don't you either buy an older Starlet GT and restore it to mint condition or buy a Primera GT or a Carina GT. Both will give you immense driving pleasure!

ahhh the glaza V.. was looking for one too.. never found it... very allusive.... but then again the wifey was dead against it... and threats came rolling by.. but my heart was still on it till i found the legacy..... would have still loved to drive the glanza.. sorry for going OT.. good luck to u....

• Like 1

Now here is your dilemma. The Glanza is a rare breed in Sri Lanka so you will have to be a bit patient to find one. Because of the high price of the EP91 a conversion would nearly always not be economically viable (as in you will never recover the cost on resale) but if you don't care about that it should not be too difficult, because the parts are bolt on (though I have never seen any kits for sale). But perhaps considering the cost why don't you either buy an older Starlet GT and restore it to mint condition or buy a Primera GT or a Carina GT. Both will give you immense driving pleasure!

Thank you very much for the advice DON.. Yes i figured that it would be a hassel finding a good condition glanza. Primera GT is also a good vehicle that i wouldnt mind. Well im trying to buy or make a glanza as a week-end car so i wouldnt really care about reselling it for a long time. I drove a starlet gt yesterday and i liked it too. Im pretty confused man. Thanks again for the advice. Cheers

ahhh the glaza V.. was looking for one too.. never found it... very allusive.... but then again the wifey was dead against it... and threats came rolling by.. but my heart was still on it till i found the legacy..... would have still loved to drive the glanza.. sorry for going OT.. good luck to u....

HAHAHA.. Epic man thats why i wanna buy this car now before i get married.. :) even my woman is the same.. Cheers bro.

getting one before you get married is actually a good idea. this guy i know had a glanza for about a year. the rear seats were next to useless and he fitted some tein adjustables and made the ride so hard no one wanted to even sit in the front. so we used to call it the bicycle :P

performance wise it was fast for a hatchback. when you put the foot down it feels quite fast but the speedo said otherwise I didnt have much trouble keeping up with it in my vitz rs in traffic. so a stock one isn't all that fast for turbo'd car. but you'll have good fun chucking it about.

and don't think its good on fuel. that guy got about 5-6 on average (that was mostly his fault I guess) and he drove around most days with the windows down.

if you are serious about this try to find one that hasn't been crashed. cos nearly all of them out there have seen better days.

In what region was the cost?

sorry mate i really can't remember. just pick up a copy of the ads that hit you, and check it out. there was an ad for a glanza kit (or kits), starlet gt kit, and Sti 7 kit as well. if i remember right, these were complete conversions, with interior also.

getting one before you get married is actually a good idea. this guy i know had a glanza for about a year. the rear seats were next to useless and he fitted some tein adjustables and made the ride so hard no one wanted to even sit in the front. so we used to call it the bicycle :P

performance wise it was fast for a hatchback. when you put the foot down it feels quite fast but the speedo said otherwise I didnt have much trouble keeping up with it in my vitz rs in traffic. so a stock one isn't all that fast for turbo'd car. but you'll have good fun chucking it about.

and don't think its good on fuel. that guy got about 5-6 on average (that was mostly his fault I guess) and he drove around most days with the windows down.

if you are serious about this try to find one that hasn't been crashed. cos nearly all of them out there have seen better days.

Well if the milage is not that good and it wont go fast, may be i think i should re think this through.. :) My budget is actually 17lks.. What do you think i can buy for this budget?? evo 3?? im selling the curernt car i have this week and i really need to buy a car.. and i raelly like how u guys think interms of marriage.. hahaha... glad that we are all on the same page. ;)

your money's safer with a glanza. that dude got it for 1.5 mil and sold it for about 1.45 after spending coupla hundred thousand on it.

if you are feeling bold try to find a good early sti or an evo conversion. conversions are a little difficult to flog so you can haggle quite a bit. and you get twice the power and a lot more in terms of practicality.

Edited by JadeyBlitzen

your money's safer with a glanza. that dude got it for 1.5 mil and sold it for about 1.45 after spending coupla hundred thousand on it.

if you are feeling bold try to find a good early sti or an evo conversion. conversions are a little difficult to flog so you can haggle quite a bit. and you get twice the power and a lot more in terms of practicality.

Actually an EVO would be really nice. My frnd has one and hedid it himself. but the thing is EVo conversion is abit hard it seems, Becasue of the 4wd conversion. with an STI im pretty sure ill blow the engine sincei have no experience in that field.

what did you buy bro? my budget is about 1.7mil

my budget was more than yours. i got a legacy twin turbo manual. For performance "alone", legacy is not the right car. wrx (GC cassis) is unacceptable to me in terms of interior and space, so i had to compromise hardcore performance and go for legacy instead.

my budget was more than yours. i got a legacy twin turbo manual. For performance "alone", legacy is not the right car. wrx (GC cassis) is unacceptable to me in terms of interior and space, so i had to compromise hardcore performance and go for legacy instead.

well with the budget i have ryt now. I could go for a wrx 3 conversion easily. you think its good?

The STI 3 is a pretty good car, but remember not everybody knows how to work with the Boxer engines and the gear boxes, so you almost need to figure those bits out before you commit to a performance Subaru and the fuel economy is quite low and you might have to use octane booster. Having said all of that I'll have one any day :)

well with the budget i have ryt now. I could go for a wrx 3 conversion easily. you think its good?

since you want the car only as a week-end car, conversion is ok. one of my close friends have one and trip to garange are not uncommon. story with other conversions that i know of distantly are not too different either.

since you want the car only as a week-end car, conversion is ok. one of my close friends have one and trip to garange are not uncommon. story with other conversions that i know of distantly are not too different either.

What are the problems associated with an STI conversion? All the problems with Evo conversions I know of relate to the rear differential housing brackets which the STI should not really have .....