• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Maruti Alto Fuel Economy

nels@autolanka

Hi all my Friends. The end of last month I got my Maruti Suzuki Alto Sportz car. All are ok and i am happy with my buddy. as I had a Honda EG8 car it cost me a lot of money to feed the fuel tank. The only reason i go for this car its fuel economy and nice design.(classical+new as i don't like the aerodynamic.)

So how is your experience with fuel?

I am using 90 Octane and my car does around 20-21 with A/C. I am almost running around 750km per week.

Plz let us know about your Suzuki Maruti's fuel economy. only Maruti 800cc,Alto,Alto sportz, Zen estilo,wagonR, Astar,Jap Alto are welcome.

Thanks.

N3L$...

Edited by nels@autolanka
  • Like 1

Hi all my Friends. The end of last month I got my Maruti Suzuki Alto Sportz car. All are ok and i am happy with my buddy. as I had a Honda EG8 car it cost me a lot of money to feed the fuel tank. The only reason i go for this car its fuel economy and nice design.(classical+new as i don't like the aerodynamic.)

I am using 90 Octane and my car does around 20-21 with A/C. I am almost running around 750km per week.

Plz let us know about your Suzuki Maruti's fuel economy. only Maruti 800cc,Alto,Alto sportz, Zen estilo,wagonR, Astar,Jap Alto are welcome.

Thanks.

N3L$...

My friend, you are claiming 21km/l with AC.................long distance or city running.

Ad can you please elaborate on the way you calculated, and the calculation window running condition. What ever Alto sports, I believe it is still the 800cc engine. And when AC applied the engine becomes very bad on fuel economy..

I am using A/C all the times when i am drive. only early in the morning i drives with out. it may only about 40 kms per day, all of rest i drives with A/C.

the way I calculated the fuel economy is

first pump the fuel tank full with octane 90[34ltrs] then make trip meter to 0.00km .the digital fuel gauge showing points full.

And drives the vehicle till the last point disappear. as you know when the last point disappear it comes to a blinking status.

then you can see the trip meter (712km)

so 712/34 = 20.9411

is there any errors? that i count the fuel economy plz let me know how to check it correctly.

Thanks.

N3l$

Edited by nels@autolanka

Your method is wrtong. When last digit blinks , also there are about 5 liters in your tank. Correct way to do calculation is as follows.

(1) Fill the tank fully near to the openeing of the tank.

(2) Make the trip meter "zero"

(3) Run about 150km or 200km.

(4) Then again fill the tank fully near to the openeing of the tank & note down pumped fuel quantity (x) and note down the trip meter reading (y).

(5) Calculation y / x . Then you will get the fuel economy in km/liters.

This is the only way to check the fuel economy correctly.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 3

I am using A/C all the times when i am drive. only early in the morning i drives with out. it may only about 40 kms per day, all of rest i drives with A/C.

the way I calculated the fuel economy is

first pump the fuel tank full with octane 90[34ltrs] then make trip meter to 0.00km .the digital fuel gauge showing points full.

And drives the vehicle till the last point disappear. as you know when the last point disappear it comes to a blinking status.

then you can see the trip meter (712km)

so 712/34 = 20.9411

is there any errors? that i count the fuel economy plz let me know how to check it correctly.

Thanks.

N3l$

Buddy, do the following.

Fill up the tank full. Do not over fill, ask the guy at the pump station to stop pumping when the pump auto cut off and you hear the click sound. Now you tank is full.

Make the ODO Meter zero.

Drive for few 100s of kms spread across few days and on average conditions.

If possible go to the same pump, ask the attendant to fill the tank until you hear the click. Note how many liters went in.

Note your ODO.....

Now,

Your ODO says 380kms

31.7 liters went in.......this means you did run 380kms consuming 31.7liters. So the math is 380/31.7 = 11.98km/liter

This is the correct way, not looking at the digital meter and guessing the fuel is almost over.

Let us know the figures.................and for an average results, do this over few months and do a simple analysis.

• Like 1

I am driving my Alto K10(1000cc) for 10 months. I have got 14kmpl in city driving and average of 18kmpl in long distance.

I am worried that even maruti-suzuki is not claiming 20-21 for alto 800. :P How did you get it.

Yes, I am also eagerly waiting to see how his figures came by.........even 14kmpl is I believe with moderate traffic.With heavy bumper to bumper with AC on will give you some where around 12, I guess.

Thanks.

N3L$...

'nels@autolanka',

The fuel figures you are getting are amazing. I too use Maruti Vehicle I get without A/C 15 to 17 km at 40to 50 km long trips not in city.with A/C on City10 km please do a correct check as other members have told in their posts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I am driving Alto K10 1000CC. only 750Km have done at the moment. using 95 Octane, calculated fuel consumption on heavy traffic by full tank to full tank method. got only around 12.5Km/l.

'anjulau78',

Do you drive with the A/C on or without. I think it is reasonable with heavy traffic.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'anjulau78',

Do you drive with the A/C on or without. I think it is reasonable with heavy traffic.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

It is on heavy traffic, mostly on 1st / 2nd & 3rd gear, hardly on 4th gear (Battaramulla to Boralla)

With A/C, But have to switch off the A/C (not the fan) time to time when driving in the morning/night as the blowing air is too cold

It is on heavy traffic, mostly on 1st / 2nd & 3rd gear, hardly on 4th gear (Battaramulla to Boralla)

With A/C, But have to switch off the A/C (not the fan) time to time when driving in the morning/night as the blowing air is too cold

'anjulau78',

According to your post as far as I know you get good fuel figures. Yes that road is full of traffic during office hours in the morning and after work till about 7.30 PM

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I'm also using Zen Estilo K-Series 1000cc. It gives me 13-14 Kmpl in city and 17-18 out.

Kasun W

'Kasun Tharaka',

I think you are getting good KMs/ Liter.It is a good performance for your car.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Fuel figures differ from driver to another driver

• 1 month later...

Gays I never shift to 5th gear. when u drive at 5 th, the fuel eco is so bad. use only upto 4th and post ur results.

any way i am still getting more than 20 per lit. had checked all the ways that u gays told me.

• Like 1

Gays I never shift to 5th gear. when u drive at 5 th, the fuel eco is so bad. use only upto 4th and post ur results.

any way i am still getting more than 20 per lit. had checked all the ways that u gays told me.

Machan you got a one of a kind alto! and thank god that you sold the eg8( Mate,plz be bit careful when typing some words and by the way im not that type :D)

is this an april fools joke of some sort?

• 2 months later...