• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is This Price Good For Fb14

watch dog

Question

19 answers to this question

Acording to my knowledge FB 14 there are three models, super saloon, EX saloon and normal one. of these rhree super saloon has more features and has the hiest offer. EX saloon price lower than super saloon but higer than the normal. your one is which model of these three. in adition to these I can;t agree with 53,000km reading, so don't depend on the said km much. insted you should look at the manufacturing year.

1500cc auto,genuine 53000km GK number,full option 1.75mil

When was the car manufactured and registered and what proof has the current owner offered that the mileage is genuine. The price does sound a bit on the high side even for a super saloon petrol.

GK one assumed as a MOF 98, registered somewhere around March/April 2002. (My GP done in May 2002). Almost 10 years, or 120 months in SL roads. Dude use common sense.

Acording to my knowledge FB 14 there are three models, super saloon, EX saloon and normal one.

cseguide:- What is this normal one? Are you refering to FE 1300 model?

sorry guys for lack of informatin,this is White, ex saloon,ABS,Air bags,PS,PM,AC.YOM 1998 Reg 2001 the owner is known to me, he used it as a second vehcle,once or twice a month for short ditances,so milage is true.

If he has bought it brand new and he is the sole owner then it can be true. But still I doubt 53000km is genuine for a car that was manufactured in 98. Anyways donot rely on the millage, do a proper inspection of the car, specially because of the owner claims that he haven't driven it much. Even if the car is in very good condition and say the millage is genuine, as most of the members said 1.75m is too much for a FB14. imo 1.55m would be a good deal for this ex-saloon.

Edited by Reckless

If he has bought it brand new and he is the sole owner then it can be true. But still I doubt 53000km is genuine for a car that was manufactured in 98. Anyways donot rely on the millage, do a proper inspection of the car, specially because of the owner claims that he haven't driven it much. Even if the car is in very good condition and say the millage is genuine, as most of the members said 1.75m is too much for a FB14. imo 1.55m would be a good deal for this ex-saloon.

Yup agreed 1.5mill would be a good price anything over that wouldnt be worth...

Edited by Chooti Putha

sorry guys for lack of informatin,this is White, ex saloon,ABS,Air bags,PS,PM,AC.YOM 1998 Reg 2001 the owner is known to me, he used it as a second vehcle,once or twice a month for short ditances,so milage is true.

Ok.. lets do some math here.. YOM = 98 and it was registered in 2001. so most probably the ODO must have been around the 30K mark when it was registered.

So, just 23K for the next 11 years means he has just driven approximately 2000Km's per year. :sad-smiley-058:

In most cases, a car that is sparingly used and not serviced often is worse than a well maintained car that has a high odometer reading.

If not serviced and lubricated according to the recomended time intervals, cars start to give trouble due to the breakage of oils, rust formation, deforming of rubber parts etc.

So, i hope he has serviced the car atleast once per year. Do you have the maintenance history of the car? I think it would be better if you think about this aspect too...

Even if it has been carefully taken care of, 17.5 is way too high.. like others have mentioned, somewhere around the 15lakh mark would be the acceptable price if it's in good condition. :)

GK one assumed as a MOF 98, registered somewhere around March/April 2002. (My GP done in May 2002). Almost 10 years, or 120 months in SL roads. Dude use common sense.

cseguide:- What is this normal one? Are you refering to FE 1300 model?

why I said this was one of my friend had FB 15 car. I asked him wheather it is super or Ex. he said it is normal one and do not have PM, PS, HEAD REST features. I think FB 14 also have thse three models. If not some one can correct me

Edited by cseguide

It is good that you know the owner but the mileage might still be incorrect since we don't know whether it was doctored in Japan before the car was exported. Also some components of the car wear by age not by usage and to be honest cars that don't see a lot of us tend to have more problems as they grow older rather than cars which are used every day.

So get the car inspected thoroughly and try to negotiate a reasonable price if you are still interested in the car.

• Like 1

Thank you friends for your valuable comments,Actually I sold my car and looking for a new one,I have 2mil,need a car for 3yr till the permit comes,

these are my requirements,

1500 cc,auto,

full option,japanese,

english number

good look,

good with fuel(12-14km/l)

good safty,

easy to sell in 3yrs

I need a car urgently,Please help me thanks in advance,

BTW I like Honda city

Thank you friends for your valuable comments,Actually I sold my car and looking for a new one,I have 2mil,need a car for 3yr till the permit comes,

1500 cc,auto,

full option,japanese,

english number

good look,

good safty,

easy to sell in 3yrs

BTW I like Honda city

I think first and foremost I don't think it will be easy to find a petrol 1500cc car that will do 12-14km/l. Probably only an AE100, AE110 or 121 probably gets close but most cars hover around the 9-10 mark in a combined cycle.

The newer City I think is over 2mil while the older City's do not seem to have aged well.

1500 cc,auto,

full option,japanese,

english number

good look,

good safty,

easy to sell in 3yrs

BTW I like Honda city

you want 12-14kmpl in city limit or outstations? if it's in outstations go for a honda civic ek3 it's have every thing you need.

yep carina at212 is all so a good option but i don't think op can find english number one for 2 mill.

machan, saw a new shell english numbered carina last month in AL for 2m. guess if he searched real hard he would be able to find one. but still its highly over priced.

Friend I was looking for this machine for few weeks couldn't find a one,so I thought of city what about that?

afaik honda citys are not build in japan so second hand market might not be good as honda civic ek3 and as the don said city doesn't seems to be aged well compared to same cars at its age and honda city have leather interior and it don't have air bags or abs if i'm not mistaken.