• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noise When On The Road - Need Views

Hola

Question

Hi tech experts out there...

Need help, today i drove my sis's 121 Corrolla and i felt its very quiet. Not the engine but the wheels. Becuase when i drive my 2000 EK3 i hear this roaring noise. Last year I fixed a alloy wheel which is a bit out of the wheel base..Could that be it? Also my tyre guy recently comented that the 13" tyre i got best suits Townace etc...

Need advice..

Rgds - Hola

Lower profile would require a bit of suspension work hola.. else the comfort would be lost.. i am sure porky would ve recommended the alloy with a combo of having the suspension done a bit..

just a question.. how does increase alloy size improve handling? is it not the tyres that take up the handling/cornering? and also an increase in alloy size would obviously reduce the turning radius yeah?

Could anybody recommend a place where ya could purchase a good set of black alloys?

@ milindu - hill street pretty darn costly.. lolz..

Zz

hola r u worried abt the comfirt or abt ur suspention

if u want ur car to be more aggressive u have to forget abt the comfirt bt 190/50/15 r not that bad bt if u change ur suspentions to hard ones and same time some low profile tyres u goin to have a very bad time bt on the other hand u can take high speed corners without any problems

i have been in Nigle and Nirosh subarus man those suspention setups r killing my back :) bt those cars easily pass the 220 mark and handle pretty well

I need comfort and beauty into the car. Not worried on preformance sooo much.

I think 14 might be ok if you are going for ride quality. And on our roads with the potholes...its matters even more. 15 if you want better handling. Since you have lived with 13...13 or 14 should be ok.

We tried from a 195/60/15 to 205/55/15 on our Primera P11. Handled better but the ride was a bit harsh but it was bumpy and hard on the suspension. We went back to 195/60/15 for day to day use.

Btw those at Town Ace ones and the tyres are probably 8ply for all you know....there are some nice designs at places down Malay Street. You can trade in the set with the tyres and get a new set with the tyres.

Also try Hill Street (Dehiwala).

machang will 60/15 touch the body?

I need comfort and beauty into the car. Not worried on preformance sooo much.

machang will 60/15 touch the body?

I guess 14 is a decent size for you. Good mix....and Im sure there is a decent selection of tyres. But if you find a 13 that looks decent go for it.

60/15 are fine on the P11. Not sure about the Honda.