• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Toyota Making More And More Ugliier Cheap Look Vehicles???

Malaka2

toyota dont focus much on design. they are more focused on reliablity, fuel economy etc. I love to buy a new Ford explorer because they are sexy but reliablity is kinda questionable. i want to see a manifacture that make it a win-win.

Look at these cars... What the hell are they done to them. Can you say them are the predecessors of previous.. Its getting uglier and uglier////

Very True .. look at the new Corollas :D

maybe they dont mind becuase poeple will still buy these for economical perspective.

I think Toyota don't care about design much. its a shame becuase I dont think they dont have the capability to add some curves to their vehicles. they just ignoring it or making sure only high end vehicles have nice designs. (thats also questionable :prankster2: )

Seriously Toyota !! :violent-smiley-100:

Well toyota never really made any good looking mainstream cars to begin with. I would call some models striking. and I was thinking along those lines when the altezza was launched. I thought the 100 series landcruiser was a handsome looking beast too. but this was in 1998 and I was only 11.

The point is most of us were kids in 90s and our aesthetic values were rubbish. So a brand new toyota then must have looked insanely good for most of us. At least now we get a bigger exposure to truly good looking cars thanks to the internet and other media. Also even mainstream marques are making some pretty nice cars. So the toyota has become more of a girl next door of a car in the eyes of most of us.

• Like 2

JadeyBlitzen have a good point and I think now days all car makers trying to mass produce simple cars than making fully complete cars.. As example Aqua is fuel economical affordable car but look at the interior. Sorry to say its rubbish. just placed things randomly like tuk tik tuk.

Sorry I mean Japanese car makers. by bad. Sorry again. European car makers are totally deferent in this case. Like Mercedes spend millions on testing vehicles in a week than other makers annual testing spend. Europe still tring to market luxuary than fuel economy as well as America. But ther also produce Fuel economy cars, like Fiat Panda

Sorry I mean Japanese car makers. by bad. Sorry again. European car makers are totally deferent in this case. Like Mercedes spend millions on testing vehicles in a week than other makers annual testing spend. Europe still tring to market luxuary than fuel economy as well as America. But ther also produce Fuel economy cars, like Fiat Panda

Yeah ganja will do that.

Never been a fan of Toyota's (Guess i'll never be one.) and the main reason is there ugly looks. So, have to agree with the OP on this. In my point of view Toyota has some severe issues when it comes to designing. But then again even with these ugly designs they have managed to be worlds most renowned automotive brand haven't they? So, i guess that explains something doesn't it? I think most of there models are targeted at people who are looking for reliable, economical and safe cars. Looks are not there priority. So, can we blame Toyota for producing such designs?

Well toyota never really made any good looking mainstream cars to begin with. I would call some models striking. and I was thinking along those lines when the altezza was launched. I thought the 100 series landcruiser was a handsome looking beast too. but this was in 1998 and I was only 11.

The point is most of us were kids in 90s and our aesthetic values were rubbish. So a brand new toyota then must have looked insanely good for most of us. At least now we get a bigger exposure to truly good looking cars thanks to the internet and other media. Also even mainstream marques are making some pretty nice cars. So the toyota has become more of a girl next door of a car in the eyes of most of us.

Really? What about the last Soarer/SC430? That car is sexy gorgeous. And the Toyota S.A.I. Hybrid looks begrudgingly street smart when kitted out with the aero bits and large diameter alloy options.

Really? What about the last Soarer/SC430? That car is sexy gorgeous. And the Toyota S.A.I. Hybrid looks begrudgingly street smart when kitted out with the aero bits and large diameter alloy options.

That's why I used words like striking or handsome. The SAI with aero options is striking in the original cadillac cts-esque rakish way. but I can't seem to bring myself to call a single toyota these days good looking. as for the sc430, and this is just my personal opinion. as awesome a car it may be it when it comes to looking bad it definitely takes the cake. apparently it was styled by the same guy who designed my vitz. even with the vitz it took me around 2 years to agree with those looks.

Not a big fan of the toyota designs, but have a lot of respect for their reliability. I don't think you can really compare the models we get to this country and generalize the brand. It just shows the taste and demand of the average car buyer in the country.

Models like the new crown majesta do seem to have a certain level of aesthetic appeal. That said, i agree that their overall designs and specifically the headlamps are beginning to look more like the gaudy designs the earlier korean models use to come with

Toyota 2000GT, one of their finest moments in design.

Supra, all generations.

The Celicas

The MR2s

Come on, they made some kick ass cars.

Let us not forget the AE86, and whats to come in it's place.

You can't compare the finest work with their mundane offerings, the majority of which grace our roads.

Its like comparing the Nissan designs based on the FB15, ignoring the R32,33,34 and the GTRs and the Zs.

Its not that they are making uglier cars, its just that the car design trends are such that now. From the new crop of cars gracing our roads, I like the SAI, the Camry looks great and the new Crowns are really good looking.

• Like 3

Well toyota never really made any good looking mainstream cars to begin with.

i say thats not true man.. like VVTI said they made really sexy and awesome cars.. its true that new corollas, priuses etc sucks but you cant say they never did ryt? :)

i say thats not true man.. like VVTI said they made really sexy and awesome cars.. its true that new corollas, priuses etc sucks but you cant say they never did ryt? :)

What I said was they never quite made any good looking mainstream cars. because I know such a car called 2000gt exists. however in my books good looking is reserved for something curvy balanced and looks good from every angle. So usually it's something italian or from the rest of europe. some japanese cars get close, like the nissan fuga but I guess that's mostly because they've copied maserati I guess. Toyota hasn't got it right in recent times. I think the 1st gen mark x and latest crown athlete was their best shot but they still managed to mess it up. mark x's headlights look like eyes without eyebrows and although the crown athlete/hybrid looks good from a front 3 quarter view its pretty unbalanced when viewed side on. the rears just too big for the front. some of the current models look pretty smart when dressed up and lowered. like the ist and the SAI.

But what toyota needs to do is forget the accountants and mass market appeal and come up with something pretty. like citroen did with their current c5

• Like 1

What I said was they never quite made any good looking mainstream cars. because I know such a car called 2000gt exists. however in my books good looking is reserved for something curvy balanced and looks good from every angle. So usually it's something italian or from the rest of europe. some japanese cars get close, like the nissan fuga but I guess that's mostly because they've copied maserati I guess. Toyota hasn't got it right in recent times. I think the 1st gen mark x and latest crown athlete was their best shot but they still managed to mess it up. mark x's headlights look like eyes without eyebrows and although the crown athlete/hybrid looks good from a front 3 quarter view its pretty unbalanced when viewed side on. the rears just too big for the front. some of the current models look pretty smart when dressed up and lowered. like the ist and the SAI.

But what toyota needs to do is forget the accountants and mass market appeal and come up with something pretty. like citroen did with their current c5

also DS4 :)