• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Car For Maximum 2Million

newone

Question

Hi, I am new to here and this is my first post.

Last month I paid advance to buy a KIA Picanto but thanks to the government :sport-smiley-005: I canceled the order. :sport-smiley-027:

Now I am looking for a used Japanese car with good looking and good in fuel.

I have two choces

1. March AK12 (1300)

2. Suzuki Swift (box model)

Please let me know,

1. What is your idea about above cars

2. Is there any other japanese vehichles for this margin?

Thank you.

• Like 1

22 answers to this question

AK12 very reliable but bad on fuel, Swift has regular repairs especially shock changes.

Yo Batagoda, I agree with you on the fuel consumption in the AK12 and use the 90 octane petrol in the March and you'll find yourself struggling for power up inclines (I'll never forget that drive to Kandy after stinting on petrol - absolutely did my head in), but I wonder how you can categorically say that swifts require regular repairs like they are all coming apart at the seams - are you driving yours through Homs or Damascus or something? The 2004 swift I had was quite reliable and in the 2 years that I used it, I had zero repairs as such other than general maintenance common to all cars and it delivered me a neat 11km/l.

• Like 2

AK12 very reliable but bad on fuel, Swift has regular repairs especially shock changes.

Thanks dpbatagoda. But bad in fuel means what.. can you tell me how is the fuel consumption.

Edited by newone

Yo Batagoda, I agree with you on the fuel consumption in the AK12 and use the 90 octane petrol in the March and you'll find yourself struggling for power up inclines (I'll never forget that drive to Kandy after stinting on petrol - absolutely did my head in), but I wonder how you can categorically say that swifts require regular repairs like they are all coming apart at the seams - are you driving yours through Homs or Damascus or something? The 2004 swift I had was quite reliable and in the 2 years that I used it, I had zero repairs as such other than general maintenance common to all cars and it delivered me a neat 11km/l.

Thanks Shintarox, is 11km/l in colombo area or outstations ?

Hi, I am new to here and this is my first post.

Last month I paid advance to buy a KIA Picanto but thanks to the government :sport-smiley-005: I canceled the order. :sport-smiley-027:

Now I am looking for a used Japanese car with good looking and good in fuel.

I have two choces

1. March AK12 (1300)

2. Suzuki Swift (box model)

Please let me know,

1. What is your idea about above cars

2. Is there any other japanese vehichles for this margin?

Thank you.

toyota passo............ good fuel consumption, 10-12km/l in colombo

toyota vitz previous model ( 1st generation) ............... i havent use that vehicle

nissan FB 15 and N 16 ...........

Edited by priyanka
  • Like 1

Don't go for Nissan FB15 if you are thinking about fuel.

AK12 does 8Km/L in Colombo and 11Km/L outstation with AC

Regarding swift, I might be wrong. My brother had a one after he bought a one he drove only 5000Kms and the shocks gone bad and had to replace. Car had only 40000Kms might be not a genuine mileage.

• Like 1

toyota passo............ good fuel consumption, 10-12km/l in colombo

toyota vitz previous model ( 1st generation) ............... i havent use that vehicle

nissan FB 15 and N 16 ...........

Thanks priyanka.. but now the 2007 passo is around 2.8Ml. :speechless-smiley-004:

Thanks Shintarox, is 11km/l in colombo area or outstations ?

I go as Shintaro. That was 11 in Colombo, outstation was better than that. Just to warn you though there are no newish cars for your budget that are as attractive as the Picanto, that new one is a sexy looking hatchback. The swift looks like an oversized rollerskate and the March like a frog. Priyanka's suggestions are also no better, the Passo is not within your budget as far as I'm aware, the FB15 and N16 won't deliver very good fuel consumption and all of them, including that old vitz, are ugly as sin.

If u dont mind sedans the Honda EK3 is a good used car. It does great on fuel, Very reliable, Spares are freely available. you should be able to find a good car in that price range & maybe save some money too....

Don't go for Nissan FB15 if you are thinking about fuel.

AK12 does 8Km/L in Colombo and 11Km/L outstation with AC

Regarding swift, I might be wrong. My brother had a one after he bought a one he drove only 5000Kms and the shocks gone bad and had to replace. Car had only 40000Kms might be not a genuine mileage.

AK12 sounds good to me.. coz my traveling not exceeds 300Km per month

I go as Shintaro. That was 11 in Colombo, outstation was better than that. Just to warn you though there are no newish cars for your budget that are as attractive as the Picanto, that new one is a sexy looking hatchback. The swift looks like an oversized rollerskate and the March like a frog. Priyanka's suggestions are also no better, the Passo is not within your budget as far as I'm aware, the FB15 and N16 won't deliver very good fuel consumption and all of them, including that old vitz, are ugly as sin.

Yes Shintaro.. you are right. new picanto is a verry attractive car. After seeing other threads in the forum I decided to go for AK12. The frog look is ok to me.. (beggars cant be choosers :sleeping-smiley-001: )

AK12 sounds good to me.. coz my traveling not exceeds 300Km per month

300km?? that's work + weekend drive and all ?

if that's only for work, it's arnd 6-7km one way to work. honestly, I suggest you put that money in a FD and use the services of a premium cab. Even then you can save money, and all the annoyance that comes when driving to work during peak hours. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If u dont mind sedans the Honda EK3 is a good used car. It does great on fuel, Very reliable, Spares are freely available. you should be able to find a good car in that price range & maybe save some money too....

EK3 is a good looking car, but its hard to find a good one.. :speechless-smiley-019:

300km?? that's work + weekend drive and all ?

if that's only for work, it's arnd 6-7km one way to work. honestly, I suggest you put that money in a FD and use the services of a premium cab. Even then you can save money, and all the annoyance that comes when driving to work during peak hours. :)

only for weekend drive to my home twice a month.. and sometimes to special occasions that's all...

but according to the country situation I thinks car is a good investment than a FD. :)

I think, toyota vitz previous model is better. if you are thinking about fuel consumption. i haven't any idea about swift. but I heard that march is not deliver good fuel consumption.

Dear newone, why don't you think about toyota corolla 110 old model?

A good 110 is around 2.5 now. my maximum is 2 :)

EK3 is a good looking car, but its hard to find a good one.. :speechless-smiley-019:

Theres plenty of good cars most of them are the ones that came brand new.... Anyways since u have made your mind up about the march all the best with it......

• Like 1

only for weekend drive to my home twice a month.. and sometimes to special occasions that's all...

but according to the country situation I thinks car is a good investment than a FD. :)

yea the rates might not stick in the long term. but you wouldn't say that if the govt at some point decides to slash taxes again once it feels the tax revenue is going down due to lack of imports

It's a sad story the new picanto is such a nice car.

My opinion;

Good choice new one

I recommend the AK12.

My mom had a 2002 one since 2004 and it didn't have any significant repairs yet.

Don't be confused by it's looks it is a very hardy and capable car.

It is very easy to drive and now my mom doesn't want to drive any other vehicle because it is so easy like a toy car.

when it was bought it did 14kmpl to kataragama and around 10kmpl in school traffic. all with AC

It pulls better than the 1.5 aliion we had, but less than the 1.8T VW beetle.

Basically it has sufficient pulling power and the power and fuel economy is not affected by the load as much as the 1.0L cars we now see.

Personally I don't like the auto box,

The interior looks a bit plasticy. and I wish they paid some more attention to the interior of the doors.

And they have put velvet into the back of the seat obviously where we won't sit on. and put a normal cloth to the front part of it.

Thant could be fixed by putting a set of comfi seat covers.

It has a low number of gadgets (which must have been a reason for low maintenance)

Like the colour matching beige interior for beige cars and orange for orange ones. but hate the black/ gray interior, it kills the theme of the car.

It's the best Japanese hatch you can buy for that price bracket. the best competitor is not the swift box but the old vitz which is 1.0L and i think is not as good as the AK12. Altough if you are going for a bit older sedan you would have better vehicles to chose from

Also the new k13 looks ugly(to me), so people will like the ak12

Go for a 1.3(AK12) or 1.4(BK12) one. don't go for the 1.0(K12) because it is less economical, less powerful and will wear off quickly.

Edited by Sithira Randula
  • Like 1

To Nissan March owners,

When I once went to A*W some body told me that it does less gas mileage when the tank is full.

So tested it and there it was it does more than 1kmpl more than it did on full tank when it was run from half tank to warning light.

Don't know the reason but only pumping of Rs 2000 per time after that.

Hope this will be of a help

Edited by Sithira Randula