• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Best Van Around 1.5 Mil..

nuwantha

Hello friends,

I'm going to buy a new van and I can invest around 1.5 mil to the task. However I'm not a expert in this field, So pls help me to make a better selection. :) All your posts are highly appreciated. :)

Hello friends,

I'm going to buy a new van and I can invest around 1.5 mil to the task. However I'm not a expert in this field, So pls help me to make a better selection. :) All your posts are highly appreciated. :)

You can get a good LH13 arround 1.2 and shell hiace bit tricky in 1.5

Thnx.. But I'm not interested on those long vans I want a seven seater van that could be used as a family vehicle... I've got a vanette (92 model) and now I want to sell it and go for new one.

I know converting is a costly task but when compared to buying original diesel it seems much cheaper. Most of new vanettes (diesel) I came across are converted ones. Anybody know the cost of converting a vanette to diesel with r2 engine..

I know converting is a costly task but when compared to buying original diesel it seems much cheaper. Most of new vanettes (diesel) I came across are converted ones. Anybody know the cost of converting a vanette to diesel with r2 engine..

'nuwantha'

A good mechanic with the engine will cost you under Rupees 200,000.00.IT can vary from mechanic to mechanic. I personally advice not to convert to Diesel.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'nuwantha'

A good mechanic with the engine will cost you under Rupees 200,000.00.IT can vary from mechanic to mechanic. I personally advice not to convert to Diesel.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'nuwantha'

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, why you say avoid converting to diesel..!

Omg!!! sylvi's back!! I was worried something happened to you bro!!

Anyway in addition to the cost of the engine you have to pay a conversion tax of 250,000 to the RMV (and a few more thousand for other paperwork and greasing of palms)

So the 200k or the engine and 250k for the RMV alone is gonna offset any fuel savings you might have in converting it to diesel.

• Like 1

Omg!!! sylvi's back!! I was worried something happened to you bro!!

Anyway in addition to the cost of the engine you have to pay a conversion tax of 250,000 to the RMV (and a few more thousand for other paperwork and greasing of palms)

So the 200k or the engine and 250k for the RMV alone is gonna offset any fuel savings you might have in converting it to diesel.

oh.... The total cost of buying and converting to diesel may exceeds the price of an original diesel.. :) better think of something else..

Y don't you try Toyota CR26 townace?

You can buy good condition one around 1.2~1.5(max)m.

Considering maintenance cost and resale value it is worth trying.

I have even seen CR27 (Pre face lifted="dolphin face") in AL around 1.5m but usually they are 1.8m range.

Y don't you try Toyota CR26 townace?

You can buy good condition one around 1.2~1.5(max)m.

Considering maintenance cost and resale value it is worth trying.

I have even seen CR27 (Pre face lifted="dolphin face") in AL around 1.5m but usually they are 1.8m range.

THNX...for me vanette is better than cr26 but I've heard townace cr 26 is a good vehicle...

May i know how that nickname came up? :D

The predecessor of this model didn't have a grille (or shell as we call it). When this model came out, people started calling it the 'shell model' and although its successors also had the front grille, the 'shell model' name is now stuck with this model.

• Like 2