• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Sparepart Best Place Ebay Or Abroad

madoc

Question

I have toyota vitz 2008 1000cc vehicle and when I changes oil filter last time from toyota agent it cost me 2500RS. some one ask for a wifer and they said it will cost 15000Rs. but I checked with ebay oil filter only cost 7$. if you buy 10 only 40$. But they don't ship to sri lanka. I found one that send to sri lanka but may not the suitable part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Filter-12-Pack-Replaces-TOYOTA-90915-YZZA2-90915-YZZF2-and-C0120-00013-/160739153756?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item256cccd75c&vxp=mtr

1. how to find the sparepart numbers for my car.

2.I think these parts are very high price in Sri Laska. so what is the way we can get them cheap ..ebay, amazone or other site that will send the item by mail

3. if not can we get this item from singapore or any other country by travelling to those cuntry.

any expert Please expain us thanks

I have toyota vitz 2008 1000cc vehicle and when I changes oil filter last time from toyota agent it cost me 2500RS. some one ask for a wifer and they said it will cost 15000Rs. but I checked with ebay oil filter only cost 7$. if you buy 10 only 40$. But they don't ship to sri lanka. I found one that send to sri lanka but may not the suitable part.

http://www.ebay.com/...cccd75c&vxp=mtr

2.I think these parts are very high price in Sri Laska. so what is the way we can get them cheap ..ebay, amazone or other site that will send the item by mail

3. if not can we get this item from singapore or any other country by travelling to those cuntry.

1. you can't through ebay. You can go through the make/model/year/engine.

2. Sri Lankan prices are not bad. The stuff that you see on ebay isn'y original right? it's probably some cheap crap. What's the brand of filter you use at the moment? sakura filters are pretty cheap and decent. VIC is very good. Both should not cost you too much.

3.If you gget it down, you will have to pay shipping and taxes. That will add up to more than what a VIC would cost here. Are you seriously considering trravelling to singapore to get an oil filter? Sometimes it doesn't pay to be cheap. You might end up paying a lot more than what the thinshould cost.

Edited by jdnet

Ebay is for stuff you cannot get here at all or at a reasonable price. Oil filters and such are available in abundance for reasonable prices but certain parts for specific models tend to be higher priced because they are rare. Plus our taxes for spare parts being what they are it would not make a difference if your ebay purchase is taxed.

OT, I would not buy a 'wifer' for 15k - at that price... sure not to be in pristine condition .. as the saying goes: laaba baduwe (loku) hilak thiyenawane ..

• Like 1

yeah...doesn't make sense to buy stuff on ebay when you can get em here. When you look at the waiting time, Rs to dollar rate these days, risk of getting a wrong model etc...It just doesn't make sense.

And in my view, one should NEVER skimp on filters.

It looks like the OP knows only Toyota Lanka and Ebay..Mate Sri Lanka is bigger than you ever imagined. Jump into your easy shorts and take a walk in automotive spares paradise (you should know the place) ,Check out prices, quality ..do a survey yourself and purchase. Dont forget your cap, cooling glasses. Please dont forget to have a good Rs25 King coconut from the famous 'Karaththa' uncle infront of the bank. Last but not least dont leave your common sense at home and go.Good luck dude!

MINIACE

• Like 8

It looks like the OP knows only Toyota Lanka and Ebay..Mate Sri Lanka is bigger than you ever imagined. Jump into your easy shorts and take a walk in automotive spares paradise (you should know the place) ,Check out prices, quality ..do a survey yourself and purchase. Dont forget your cap, cooling glasses. Please dont forget to have a good Rs25 King coconut from the famous 'Karaththa' uncle infront of the bank. Last but not least dont leave your common sense at home and go.Good luck dude!

MINIACE

Very few people knows the joys of this my friend.

MINIACE

MINIACE are you refering "panchicawatha". my other question is for toyota vehicle periodic service shell we go to toyota lanka agent or other good service station?

MINIACE are you refering "panchicawatha". my other question is for toyota vehicle periodic service shell we go to toyota lanka agent or other good service station?

Mate for me,Toyota Lanka is just another ordinary place.

Surely all collected service records will add value and will convince some fools when you are trying to sell you car. Dont forget that some of our members complaint that Toyota Lanka ripped them off in broad daylight.

MINIACE

• Like 2

http://www.ebay.com/...cccd75c&vxp=mtr

dear friend

i think you are looking for a parts catalog............ . try this

http://www.toyodiy.c...90-AHXEK_1.html

I think you should be able to find a filter at a cheaper price than this ( VIC filter is less than 1500/= i think ).........

i have imported few spares from ebay, but it wasnt cheap my dear, shipping cost is sky high, and also you will have to pay duty at the central mail exchange, unless you bribe them

if you re saying that, it is difficult to find spares for a VITZ in Sri Lanka, I dont know what to tell...........

mind you, on Ebay lot of Chinese poor quality products are there, think before jump

Edited by priyanka

dear friend

i think you are looking for a parts catalog............ . try this

http://www.toyodiy.c...90-AHXEK_1.html

I think you should be able to find a filter at a cheaper price than this ( VIC filter is less than 1500/= i think ).........

i have imported few spares from ebay, but it wasnt cheap my dear, shipping cost is sky high, and also you will have to pay duty at the central mail exchange, unless you bribe them

if you re saying that, it is difficult to find spares for a VITZ in Sri Lanka, I dont know what to tell...........

mind you, on Ebay lot of Chinese poor quality products are there, think before jump

thanks, you are right ebay is good for usa. because no shiping cost most of the time

Just like Jdnet said, Sakura brand filters are not bad and less expensive. VIC s are more expensive and very high in quality. I've been using Sakura filters for a while now and never had a problem. I don't use VIC because I change my engine oil every 5000kms with Castrol and change my filter every service. If you really wanna buy from eBay, make sure your seller is a top seller or a power seller (It's not easy to become a top seller or a power seller unless your products are very good and you have sold a lot of it with very good customer feedback), Always pay via paypal so that if you what you got is not exactly what was mentioned on the ad, after a dispute to paypal, you can get your money back. I buy lot of stuff from ebay and so far I've never had any issues.

Machan.. no offense.. it just a "VITZ".. not a Porsche Panamera or a Jag XJ.. so take ur vitz to a normal garage, get ur oil filter removed & take it to a place where they sell oil & related products & get ur self a VIC, Sakura or Union Japan oil filter.. Normal "wiper" blade set will cost u less than 1500.. (crappy Bosc*) .. & y take ur VITZ to toyota lanka to service? unless ur geting a free service for the warranty period...

Just out of curiosity (reviving the closest thread I found). Has anyone imported any big motor spare parts from US/Aus and if so what sort of taxes can we expect to pay? I'm talking about fairly heavy parts like wheel hub assembly or suspension links.

If the total duty are anything like 50%, I can expect to make a saving of around 25k LKR/part on most of the items on my checklist - even compared to Panchikawatte.

Unfortunately the HSCodes/Tax calculator on customs.gov.lk is down so I do not hv a reference.

TIA

Ok, I think I found at least a part of the answer here and on this old AL topic.

General customs duty 15% + Vat 12% + Pal 5% + NBT 2% which is approximately 35% for most of the common mechanical items, can be around 40% for some other parts.

I'd still like to know anyone else who had 1st hand experience on actual tax paid recently.

Edited by vishkid

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="vishkid" data-cid="232654" data-time="1360669530"><p>

Just out of curiosity (reviving the closest thread I found). Has anyone imported any big motor spare parts from US/Aus and if so <span class='bbc_underline'>what sort of taxes can we expect to pay</span>? I'm talking about fairly heavy parts like wheel hub assembly or suspension links.<br />

<br />

If the total duty are anything like 50%, I can expect to make a saving of around 25k LKR/part on most of the items on my checklist - even compared to Panchikawatte.<br />

Unfortunately the HSCodes/Tax calculator on customs.gov.lk is down so I do not hv a reference.<br />

<br />

TIA</p></blockquote> Machan PM our conversion Guru , komi!. He has brought in some heavy stuff including Type R GB, seats and hundreds of other stuff!.

Taxes=luck

Brought four brake rotors off eBay. Cost:12,000. Tax :24,000. Why? 4 is a commercial quantity.

Momo dc2 steering wheel: cost 45,000 tax:00.00

God knows why

But the above breakdown is right if you open an lc and go about that process.

Good luck

wait. u spent less on rotors n a lot on a steering wheel? hmm.. :huh:

Taxes=luck

Brought four brake rotors off eBay. Cost:12,000. Tax :24,000. Why? 4 is a commercial quantity.

God knows why

Good luck

machan, any idea about the tax on tires & wheels?? heard the tax is very high for rubber products. is it true?

Machan PM our conversion Guru , komi!. He has brought in some heavy stuff including Type R GB, seats and hundreds of other stuff!.

Cheers bro!

Taxes=luck

God knows why

Good luck

Thanks for the info Komi. Yep, I've dealt with GPO on two occasions for held up ebay packages and know the it's sometimes a matter of luck.

Good to know that the worst case guideline will stick, IF the goods are not in commercial qty (I guess 1 each could be termed as such).

I will not (can not) go the LC route, rather will be using either FedEx or USPS as courier with CC payment.

Anyways, best not to combine may parts in one shipment me thinks ... will try and update!