• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Emission Test For 15 Sri Nissan Fb11

martinj78

Hi all

Before 4 days the test Engine was tuned up ( with full carborator tuneup) by reputed mechanic. but unfortunetly CO level at 2500 rpm was out ( 9.90) to the expected level (4.5). can anyone suggest me a place where can fix this problem to pass the test.

Next time when you go for the test make sure the engine is properly warmed up. Drive around for 10-15 minutes before the test. And I think driving in high revs will help it too :)

Hi all

Before 4 days the test Engine was tuned up ( with full carborator tuneup) by reputed mechanic. but unfortunetly CO level at 2500 rpm was out ( 9.90) to the expected level (4.5). can anyone suggest me a place where can fix this problem to pass the test.

I don't think little tweaks will solve you issue. Its time to dismantle/rebuild the engine.

Hi all

like to share who is this mechanic ?.....

Better check to see if your Oxygen sensor is working. There may be loose connections in the wiring sometimes. Or may be the Oxygen sensor is too old and worn out now. (when did u last change ur oxygen sensor?)

"The sensor is part of the emissions control system and feeds data to the ­engine management computer. The goal of the sensor is to help the engine run as efficiently as possible and also to produce as few emissions as possible."

Reference- http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question257.htm

Changing the oxygen sensor if its old and broken, will definitely improve exhaust emissions.

Take your vehicle to panchikawatta and you should be able to locate an oxygen sensor to replace with the original.

Post your findings. Let us know what caused the failure at the emission tests.

I don't think little tweaks will solve you issue. Its time to dismantle/rebuild the engine.

Really?Isn't that a bit extreme?There are a fair few steps to try out before one arrives at the conclusion to rebuild the engine.Most of the time the green test can be passed with a proper tune up.First step is the change of oils and all filters.Then a carb rebuild with the jet.needle,door,door pins,spring replaced.A skilled mechanic should be able to tune any car(no matter the condition of the internals) after this enough to pass the green test.If that fails then a piston ring replacement should do.And only if all of the above fails you should do an engine rebuild.I appreciate your enthusiasm in replying to every thread.but please make sure you know what the hell you are talking about.because people may take you seriously. Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 3

Better check to see if your Oxygen sensor is working. There may be loose connections in the wiring sometimes. Or may be the Oxygen sensor is too old and worn out now. (when did u last change ur oxygen sensor?)

"The sensor is part of the emissions control system and feeds data to the ­engine management computer. The goal of the sensor is to help the engine run as efficiently as possible and also to produce as few emissions as possible."

Reference- http://auto.howstuff...question257.htm

Changing the oxygen sensor if its old and broken, will definitely improve exhaust emissions.

Take your vehicle to panchikawatta and you should be able to locate an oxygen sensor to replace with the original.

Post your findings. Let us know what caused the failure at the emission tests.

did you miss the part where he said he drives a 15 Sri Car which had a Carb tune up, or are you just googling sh!t...

imagine every tom, dick and harry rebuilding engines just because they fail the emmission test...........hoo la lala.i think that is the last resort Bro.....or did you mean something else.

did you miss the part where he said he drives a 15 Sri Car which had a Carb tune up, or are you just googling sh!t...

Yeah seriously, when did Nissan started using oxygen sensors in JDM Sunnys

:/

Edited by NRX

Really?Isn't that a bit extreme?There are a fair few steps to try out before one arrives at the conclusion to rebuild the engine.Most of the time the green test can be passed with a proper tune up.First step is the change of oils and all filters.Then a carb rebuild with the jet.needle,door,door pins,spring replaced.A skilled mechanic should be able to tune any car(no matter the condition of the internals) after this enough to pass the green test.If that fails then a piston ring replacement should do.And only if all of the above fails you should do an engine rebuild.I appreciate your enthusiasm in replying to every thread.but please make sure you know what the hell you are talking about.because people may take you seriously.

I totally agree with you. The 12 Sri Lancer I had failed its first emission test a couple of years back and the first thing I did was clean the carb and rebuild it with the new carburetor repair kit. I did an engine flush + replaced all filters (air, fuel, oil). This did the trick.

Few years down the line, there was a point where the car simply wouldn't pass the test despite all my efforts (plus I didn't want to give the emission testing guys 500 bucks for the rest of my life to get them to fake the test! :D), I'm positive that I could have replaced only the piston rings and made it work a few more years. I went for an overhaul because the car had some other issues as well.

Funny how you can give such a comment without even knowing the mileage it has done.