• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hub Raser Replacement

Dhanushkapg

Question

Dear Experts.

I am using Nissan FB 15 Car, Recently i heard "HAMm " Sound when i pick up my car. According to observation it comes from front wheel. I saw it to A*W friend and he told me HUB RASER need to be replace.

( This sound like HAMM) . I like to know what are those rasers and how much it will be cost when iam replace front wheel

Yes, it's manual. So that means it's ready to give up or what ?

yes, check and replace if it is faulty. but problem is the clutch bearings are in the current market maximum can run around 50,000 or 60,000km i replaced my cluch bearing before one year now already done about 40,000km but now getting some noise.

yes, check and replace if it is faulty. but problem is the clutch bearings are in the current market maximum can run around 50,000 or 60,000km i replaced my cluch bearing before one year now already done about 40,000km but now getting some noise.

DO you have a rough idea about the price ?

L/ front wheel of my CE110, YOM1998 making noise and it had front brake issue (Brake pad falling off before worn out+ low brake power).

I did following,

Measure brake disk with my other CE110 YOM1996 and found out that the brake disk of ce110 yom1998 is severely worn out; new genuine brake disk would cost ~13000 (26000 total) each while non genuine one would cost 6000 each.

I was able to grab used two complete hubs (very good condition brake disks, brake pads, brake calipers,very good ball joints, ABS sensors with all other tiny bits)but I didnt know the condition of bearings, cost for the two unit were 6000 total.

I removed the hub bearing of used units and the bearings were some what corroded and repaired with NSK bearing, total cost was 5000. I replaced the inner and outer grease seals with new one, total was 2500

Brake calipers and pistons were cleaned and polished and reconditioned with OEM repair kit (2500)

Replaced the CV joints and total was 6000

I fixed the "reconditioned used hubs" with ball joints with new cv joints.

I kept the ABS sensors for future use

(6000+5000+2500+2500+6000+2500 of labor charges+800 for brake oil)~30000/=; I did not have to buy brake pads (save 5000) and brake disk (save 26000)

All the brake and front wheel noise were solved

My advise is that never use used hubs as it is, their bearing are mostly corroded due to water ,dust and few year of neglect!

Edited by nano31

Hi guys - appreciate if any of you in the know about the Panchikawatte (or Delkanda) shops specializing in above mentioned hub assembly parts/bearings could let me know the names and possibly the locations of the those shops. You can PM me or post below.

I could not find anyone who knows them at office and would feel better knowing about a place or two before I ask around in Pachkikawatte itself.

TIA

Edited by vishkid

Hi guys - appreciate if any of you in the know about the Panchikawatte (or Delkanda) shops specializing in above mentioned hub assembly parts/bearings could let me know the names and possibly the locations of the those shops. You can PM me or post below.

I could not find anyone who knows them at office and would feel better knowing about a place or two before I ask around in Pachkikawatte itself.

TIA

Well most yard which have suspension gear will have them and if its a popular car they are not too difficult to find. But with things like bearings you should always consider replacing brand new if possible, because second hand parts left in yards may have rusted due to not being used (the bearing is stationary) and water seepage.

Well most yard which have suspension gear will have them and if its a popular car they are not too difficult to find. But with things like bearings you should always consider replacing brand new if possible, because second hand parts left in yards may have rusted due to not being used (the bearing is stationary) and water seepage.

Thanks Vishkid pulling this thread out!

Hi Don,

Can you recommend good brand for front hum assembly and bearings for my FB15?

Yeah Don, I'm looking for B/N parts mainly but keeping an eye out for genuine Hub assembly as well if the parts are in good condition.

My car is a Mazda so not everyone stocks the parts :)

Genuine, B/N Hub assy is 43k at A*i*i Motors - but I was told that racers (is that the correct word?) are compatible with many common versions if I take them out and should cost no more than 5k B/N.

Edited by vishkid

Yeah Don, I'm looking for B/N parts mainly but keeping an eye out for genuine Hub assembly as well if the parts are in good condition.

My car is a Mazda so not everyone stocks the parts :)

Genuine, B/N Hub assy is 43k at A*i*i Motors - but I was told that racers (is that the correct word?) are compatible with many common versions if I take them out and should cost no more than 5k B/N.

If the racers are compatible with other versions, you might be able able to buy it from one of the agent for bearings (check the yellow pages and there are a couple) and they will carry the compatible parts. I think they would sometimes have the part even if its integrated with the hub.

Members,

Automobiles always have to buy good quality SKF or any other high quality bearings.

Always use wheel bearing Synthetic Industrial Grease Caltex or Timken grease.

I buy most Ball bearings from Ms Central bearings at Colombo 080. Enough parking space, not much of traffic jams.

Some times I buy cheap bearings Indian and Chinese for Ceiling Fans because they rotate slowly so expensive bearings are not necessary.

There are plenty of bearings have come to the market cheap and expensive ones.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks Vishkid pulling this thread out!

Hi Don,

Can you recommend good brand for front hum assembly and bearings for my FB15?

I think most bearings on Japanese vehicles is Nachi but brands like SKF and ACL are also quite good. The questions is which agent will have a part to match your car. The last time I called these guys up which is about a decade ago for a hub racer for our 1987 Mazda they are more than helpful. Confirmed they had the part and the price but I do not remember which agent I called. The yellow pages definitely has all of their contact details.

I think most bearings on Japanese vehicles is Nachi but brands like SKF and ACL are also quite good. The questions is which agent will have a part to match your car. The last time I called these guys up which is about a decade ago for a hub racer for our 1987 Mazda they are more than helpful. Confirmed they had the part and the price but I do not remember which agent I called. The yellow pages definitely has all of their contact details.

Ok, I will check that out. Thanks

Just to give an update on my experience; Unfortunately the race/bearings of my car could not be pressed out from the hub assembly. Agent confirmed that certain JDM models of such vehicles were built that way.

Hub assembly prices varied tremendously - 48k to 38k for genuine, 29k for a US Timken and 16-26k for various Chinese/TW/Malaysian OEM versions.

I bought the Timken one as I plan to order and bring down the same one from US for the other (non-critical atm) side which should actually cost me less than 15k when cleared. Other option was to purchase a second hand assembly, one which was found for 8k but I was not satisfied with the condition.

A hub race / bearing would hv cost me around 5k if that was workable.

Bottomline (obvious) is that prices vary so much for what is basically the same product with a little quality variation (and 3 shops quoted me 3 prices for the 'genuine' part), hence it would certainly be wise to call up as many sources and hv the info in advance if you're to replace a relatively expensive part.

Update April 2013: I bought the brand new full hub assembly (Timken) from US for 4000 rupees. Makes me so sad about the prices we are forced to pay (for certain makes) due to lack of options.

Edited by vishkid