• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bad Garage Experience In Kandy

TechHater

I had to repair my front side pannel and the driver side mirror of my car after a private bus crashed in side.the insurance people agreed to replace both. the repair job was given to "K*undas*le Auto W*rks" where many told me its the hot spot in Kandy for these issues.the initial impression was good.a man with a tie claiming to be an advisor got hold of the matter and ordered the parts through toyota lanka right away. it took 2 1/2 months for the parts to land (as they said from japan) and the advisor forgot the whole story in few days,so i had to poke toyota lanka to get down the parts.meanwhile i had to drive the car with all sorts of plasters on.

only after the parts were there,they noticed that they ordered the wrong parts.it took another two weeks to get the right part(as they said through special delivary).then they agreed to finsh the job in 4 days only if i pay their sum before the insurance cheque comes ,which i agreed. the first two days ,the vehicle was parked on the same spot without even someone bothering to look at.

on the third day i was steaming with anger and blasted the advisor guy and the tinkering dept after which they vehemently took over the job.

on the fourth day when i returned from work early to have a look at the progress, i was amazed to see that in almost 10 hrs of on and off working hours, they have fixed the front pannel.puttied the front panel and front door ,fixed the mirror, cut the rough,applied primer and applied under coating too.

i waited while to see how this "wonder baas" complete the rest.

a young bloke came in after lunch and started spraying in the open dust. i asked what the two painting booths are there for. he said for these kind of paints booth painting is not good. then i asked him whether the toyota company is having their painting plant in the open dust which he had no clue.

the advisor guy had no clue either ,he said he didnt even know the painting has started.

the next day the job was done and the car was parked outside. obviously the colours were different. the wonder bass had forgot to cover the gaps between panels and spray was all over inside the A pillar.and finish was a total mess. i had to get another baas guy to remove the paint on rubber beadings. and clear coat had drip marks on few spots,when i showed them they said it needs a cut and polish which is not included in this job which i have to do as a separate job on my expense

after all,it was a bad ,incomplete, work of shit with a labour cost alone being 42K.

My advise, Please avoid this place, you can get a much better work done for much lesser cost elsewhere.

• Like 1

I had to repair my front side pannel and the driver side mirror of my car after a private bus crashed in side.the insurance people agreed to replace both. the repair job was given to "K*undas*le Auto W*rks" where many told me its the hot spot in Kandy for these issues.the initial impression was good.a man with a tie claiming to be an advisor got hold of the matter and ordered the parts through toyota lanka right away. it took 2 1/2 months for the parts to land (as they said from japan) and the advisor forgot the whole story in few days,so i had to poke toyota lanka to get down the parts.meanwhile i had to drive the car with all sorts of plasters on.

only after the parts were there,they noticed that they ordered the wrong parts.it took another two weeks to get the right part(as they said through special delivary).then they agreed to finsh the job in 4 days only if i pay their sum before the insurance cheque comes ,which i agreed. the first two days ,the vehicle was parked on the same spot without even someone bothering to look at.

on the third day i was steaming with anger and blasted the advisor guy and the tinkering dept after which they vehemently took over the job.

on the fourth day when i returned from work early to have a look at the progress, i was amazed to see that in almost 10 hrs of on and off working hours, they have fixed the front pannel.puttied the front panel and front door ,fixed the mirror, cut the rough,applied primer and applied under coating too.

i waited while to see how this "wonder baas" complete the rest.

a young bloke came in after lunch and started spraying in the open dust. i asked what the two painting booths are there for. he said for these kind of paints booth painting is not good. then i asked him whether the toyota company is having their painting plant in the open dust which he had no clue.

the advisor guy had no clue either ,he said he didnt even know the painting has started.

the next day the job was done and the car was parked outside. obviously the colours were different. the wonder bass had forgot to cover the gaps between panels and spray was all over inside the A pillar.and finish was a total mess. i had to get another baas guy to remove the paint on rubber beadings. and clear coat had drip marks on few spots,when i showed them they said it needs a cut and polish which is not included in this job which i have to do as a separate job on my expense

after all,it was a bad ,incomplete, work of shit with a labour cost alone being 42K.

My advise, Please avoid this place, you can get a much better work done for much lesser cost elsewhere.

bummer! that sucks!

unfortunately quite a few reputed places in colombo too are guilty of this!

Thanks for sharing, that sucks and these type of user feedback in online communities will help the industry.

As an example, I am a user in two different forums (not Automotive) in anther country, the user community there refer the dealers and agents by their name (without asterisks or dots), the dealers and agents do read the forum and officially respond and sometimes correct bad jobs. The forum is so strong and the dealers do not want any one posting any thing bad on them..........

Probably we can do the same........

• Like 4

My advice is don't try out new posh looking garages especially when it comes to bodywork just because you got a new car and stuff. stick to the guy you always went to or your parents went to.

The other thing is these people can smell accountants from a mile. So if you look like that type they might try to play you cos most of them can't tell the difference between a good job and a bad one.

• Like 1

in kiribathkubura or mulgampola?

The one on Kandy-Colombo road :D

For a\c repairs go to winter a\c near the nittawela ground. prices are bit high but i can recomnd them since their doing it great.

alright if i have an issue with A/C again, will try that place

Well i would never take any of my cars there......They cheat you and they screw you big time.My dad has had the worst experience there ever.I wont say what they did as some people don't like the truth of "K*undas*le Auto W*rks" and what they do to your cars.......I heard all the accident cars are been taken there for repairs and they ripe you off...Thats one place everyone should be careful of..........

Thanks for sharing information. I have also found that they have lots of hidden charges when they do services and repairs. Guys, most people are going to this place since they are the authorized service agents for many brands (assuming they are capable of doing repairs). Can you list some of reliable places in kandy equipped well to carry out services and repairs.

For body repairs i can recommend the place (whills) in polgahamula junction. I have good experiences with them.

Also, as one of the member said, the place near to nittawela ground is well equipped for AC repairs. but their charges are really high

Edited by udayap

only one time I went their for car service. realy bad experience. most of the workers not doing thir job. They are waiting for the tip looking at our face. The supervice put ticks on the report without performing that duty. i never go their

Members,

Even kleen park had criticism at last they sold their Navinna complex which had investment of 100M to Toyota lanka for 55m. Their CEO was a

enterpreneur he started in 1988 Clean park original first Auto detailing center in dehiwala detailing to Japanese style as he was in japan.

That was a very success full project. then he went in a very big way to do Automobile accident repairs,did not get correct mechanics to do quality repairs.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

i once had a similar experience with Auto M***j's ratmalana [attidiya road] garage. the supervisors were blatantly amateurish, technicians were lethargic and the boss [think he's the manager] was such a jerk that he's so scared to blame the supervisor for delaying my job for over three weeks.

after a month's delay i got my truck finally out with a uniquely coloured bonnet [ehem...unique from the rest of the car]. later when i decided to sell the car, it was the point the buyers had to bargain on.

my advice is to avoid the place at any cost. my usual 'bass' who operates from a 'takaran shed' behind kelaniya railway station was million times better. it was due to insurance claim that i opted this retarded place.

i once had a similar experience with Auto M***j's ratmalana [attidiya road] garage. the supervisors were blatantly amateurish, technicians were lethargic and the boss [think he's the manager] was such a jerk that he's so scared to blame the supervisor for delaying my job for over three weeks.

after a month's delay i got my truck finally out with a uniquely coloured bonnet [ehem...unique from the rest of the car]. later when i decided to sell the car, it was the point the buyers had to bargain on.

my advice is to avoid the place at any cost. my usual 'bass' who operates from a 'takaran shed' behind kelaniya railway station was million times better. it was due to insurance claim that i opted this retarded place.

I think when the owner him self the person who does the job .. they put more attention to what they do. But when people work for monthly salary in these workshops they don't have the same attitude towards the work. Unless the management is smart enough to understand employee motivation, T&D, customer orientation and lot of marketing stuff :D

Edited by MkX

• 1 year later...
for paint work go to W*llies thats the best place in town

I heard that they are undertaking mechanical repairs also. Any experience with their mechanical / running repairs??.

BTW I'm looking for a reliable place for the maintainace other than this K_ndasale A_to W_rks.

Yes you can do mechanical+running+accident repairs from willies and i can recommend priyantha in mawilmada also for repairs.

btw whats your vehicle and where do you locate? few other plc are there where i can recomend.

you mean Honda Priyantha?

yep honda priyantha.

i wouldnt say honda priyantha is a good garage. he is good at repairing honda's but kinda did a half arse job on the corona.

whatever you do, never get a engine tuneup from him. never seen such a useless engine tuneup

Oop's my bad.i did a tune up from him few months back on my ek but i feel good on that. true he is good on hondas not for others.

the only thing he does is spray carb cleaner to the throttle body and injectors. nothing else