• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Getting Revenue License For A Rebuild Engine

LancerL

Dear Friends,

My car is 14 Sri Hyundai Stellar which engine has rebuild very recently.

After the repair my mechanic said not to go beyond 40Kmph or accelerate beyond 2000Rpm till it reaches 2000 Km’s

My issue is as I heard, when taking Green test they used to accelerate it to nearly 10,000Rpm which can harm to my engine. If it is the case how can I get this done?

My second question is that according to the available records, the last revenue license renewal of this car is year 2006 December and after that there are no records on license renewal, also I doubt whether the previous owner has lost the license paper, if it is the case can I find it from the urban secretary office or do I have to re do it again from year 2006?

Please advice me on these matter.

Thanks and regards,

LancerL

Dude, your engine isn't going to rev to 10,000rpm even if you tried. Your meter won't even show that.

But they do give it high revs. Generally 3-4000rpm. For that part of your question, I would recommend taking a long road trip to see if you can run it in before the test. However, from your 2nd question, it looks like you can't run it on the road legally. Consult with the mechanic and see if he thinks its ok to do the test. The high rev phase isn't very long, less than a minute, so it might be ok since its short duration.

higher rev is not healthy of some old diesel motors but not for petrol ones.

About the revenue license, find out from the divisional secretarial office about the old license records. Since now it's all computerized and inter-connected, they will tell you the last licensed year and total amount + fine to obtain new license in minutes. If you're around Colombo, best thing is to go to RMV branch in Maligawatta.

For your first question:

The figures they capture are at idle speed and at 2500rpm, so I doubt it will be an issue since they run at that rpm with no load on the engine and because it’s just for half a minute or so.

I took my first gen Lancer for the emission test just a few kms after the engine was overhauled and it was fine. That was based on my mechanic’s advice of course. As Peri said, if you're in doubt, consult your mechanic.

Edit:

More information here

Edited by Davy

For your first question:

The figures they capture are at idle speed and at 2500rpm, so I doubt it will be an issue since they run at that rpm with no load on the engine and because it’s just for half a minute or so.

I took my first gen Lancer for the emission test just a few kms after the engine was overhauled and it was fine. That was based on my mechanic’s advice of course. As Peri said, if you're in doubt, consult your mechanic.

Edit:

More information here

found it on the Davy's Link: http://www.motortraffic.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123&Itemid=149〈=en

If the owner of the vehicle confirms that the engine of a vehicle has been repaired, a receipt is issued by charging the annual revenue licence fee so that the vehicle could be run on the condition of completing 2000 kilometres forward from the number of kilometrers depicted on the milometer of the vehicle or 02 months forward from the date of repair of the engine, whichever comes first. Once that condition has been met the owner of the vehicle should obtain the revenue licence by producing the vehicle emission certificate.

found it on the Davy's Link: http://www.motortraf...mid=149〈=en

If the owner of the vehicle confirms that the engine of a vehicle has been repaired, a receipt is issued by charging the annual revenue licence fee so that the vehicle could be run on the condition of completing 2000 kilometres forward from the number of kilometrers depicted on the milometer of the vehicle or 02 months forward from the date of repair of the engine, whichever comes first. Once that condition has been met the owner of the vehicle should obtain the revenue licence by producing the vehicle emission certificate.

Oh. I totally missed that part. Thanks for sharing anjulau78!

LancerL, there's your answer right there.

LancerL,

This is illegal thing I inform you near Maligawatte there are plenty of touts who do the license for a fee. Without green test.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

This was the case few months back. Now they have fixed cameras to monitor the operation there and individuals are now afraid of entering fake digits to the system without having an emission certificate for real.

Well, not first hand information, but this is what I got to know about it.

This was the case few months back. Now they have fixed cameras to monitor the operation there and individuals are now afraid of entering fake digits to the system without having an emission certificate for real.

Well, not first hand information, but this is what I got to know about it.

Oh that's not true Harshan. Trust me, it still happens.

Thanks for all the replies, can somebody please tell me the cost for both emission test and for the revenue license renewal and fine for a year..

My car registered on 1987 Brand new..

Good info then. Cannot reveal much but it was not an option when tried to go through bypassing the emission test,due to a newly built diesel engine, which was possible earlier.

Perhaps you should have made use of the clause above :)

Thanks for all the replies, can somebody please tell me the cost for both emission test and for the revenue license renewal and fine for a year..

Those are questions for the emissions test companies and the Gov. Info Service who happen to have installed telephones in their offices for people just like you :)

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

If you went through the link above, you would have found the cost for the emission test. It's Rs. 950 for your Stellar by the way. For information about what sort of surcharges you're looking at, follow this link.

Perhaps you should have made use of the clause above :)

Never used touts but a trustwrothy three wheel driver who do the run and get the revenue license. There was a mechanism of paying 'extra' and get the license without producing the emission certificate. This method was ceased after installation of CCTV cameras he said.

edit - now I know what to do if it really demands. :)

Edited by harshansenadhir