• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Performance Chip

tiv

Hi there fellas,

I'm planning to get down one of these Chips (see link) for my Hilux.. Well I have very little knowledge on these electronic chip bits, can anyone please let me know;

http://www.ebay.com/...GB:3160&vxp=mtr

are these power gains significant? has anyone tried this on any car?

is it gonna mess up the engine? any damage?

is the above unit decent/convincing?

Thanks

Edited by tiv

Am not convinced mate. A little iffy on how they get power and mileage. I mean, if this was possible wouldn't manufacturers have done it anyways?

I'm sure there are proper TRD ecu's for the hilux? If power is what you're after, why not try that?

There was no TRD diesel Hilux, only a 2GR-FE petrol with supercharger.. Also I've heard there was a TRD sportivo variant but it only had cosmetic and suspension upgrades. So I doubt there was a TRD ecu...

Edited by tiv

Hi there fellas,

I'm planning to get down one of these Chips (see link) for my Hilux.. Well I have very little knowledge on these electronic chip bits, can anyone please let me know;

Thanks

Machan it looks like a ripoff.. & that seller got low feedback score.. so better be careful b4 spend that much on ebay.. bdw.. nice girls on the background pic.. :P:lol:

Yea all the girls make it feel 'ricerish' lol

Apparently it fits in-between the Common rail pressure sensor..

Edited by tiv

There was no TRD diesel Hilux, only a 2GR-FE petrol with supercharger.. Also I've heard there was a TRD sportivo variant but it only had cosmetic and suspension upgrades. So I doubt there was a TRD ecu...

yeah i thought so myself. heard that the TRD pickup near fife road is the real deal. didn't know it was supercharged! patta!

Theres a TRD Hilux in sl?

Edited by tiv

yeah i thought so myself. heard that the TRD pickup near fife road is the real deal. didn't know it was supercharged! patta!

ya i think i have seen this.. u talking about the Black Hilux looks almost like a Monster Truck (suspenion mods+performance+Tyres+ bullbars.. etc etc...2008-2009 model)..? sexy as hell i must say,.. :smilie_liebe9:

would love to see a pic! The TRD Hilux was only introduced in Australia as a petrol version...

This is not the dodgiest they but with the bikini clad girl its pretty chav-tastic.

If you really want to chip your pickup go with a trusted brand. I can recommend chipexpress and superchips. Superchips is by far the best and if you get a bluefin device you might be able to plug it to other toyotas too. you can buy both directly from the site with a vat refund and delivery.

Anyway if you must get a chip from ebay look at stuff from the other end of the price list. A good chip should be around 50000 rupees or over. When you find a decent looking one google and see if there are any reviews about them. Or simply avoid ones with flames and girls in bikinis in the ad.

One last thing though. contact the seller and see if it definitely works with ur engine. if you got your vehicle down from uk get one from a uk based company like the two I mentioned. If not double check cos different regions tend to have different ecus.

tiv,

Check this one.

http://www.racechip.de/index.php

http://www.racechip....oyota-50-h.html

There are many positive user reviews and feedback about this unit on Thai and Indian forums from users who use vehicles with D-4D engines.

Thanks mate, this looks promising

This is not the dodgiest they but with the bikini clad girl its pretty chav-tastic.

If you really want to chip your pickup go with a trusted brand. I can recommend chipexpress and superchips. Superchips is by far the best and if you get a bluefin device you might be able to plug it to other toyotas too. you can buy both directly from the site with a vat refund and delivery.

Anyway if you must get a chip from ebay look at stuff from the other end of the price list. A good chip should be around 50000 rupees or over. When you find a decent looking one google and see if there are any reviews about them. Or simply avoid ones with flames and girls in bikinis in the ad.

One last thing though. contact the seller and see if it definitely works with ur engine. if you got your vehicle down from uk get one from a uk based company like the two I mentioned. If not double check cos different regions tend to have different ecus.

Thanks for the info mate, I guess I'll steer clear from this.. Just noticed this chip fits in-between the Common rail pressure sensor and harness, Is this different? any clue to what this does??

Thanks mate, this looks promising

Thanks for the info mate, I guess I'll steer clear from this.. Just noticed this chip fits in-between the Common rail pressure sensor and harness, Is this different? any clue to what this does??

A really good chip should plug into the obd II port and stay inside the vehicle. So it has access to all functions of the ecu and can be removed instantly. this just seems to alter sensor settings and sends false data to fool the ecu. You probably won't get any performance improvements at all.

Hi there fellas,

Thanks

Machan if you want a performance gain from the stock ECU i think going for a well reputed brand like HKS, APEXi is a better option.

You might want to buzz up Zakie from Tunedichips and ask if he can do something, they usually do stuff like civics, stis etc but might be able to help you out.

Here's the number 0777508864

Machan it looks like a ripoff.. & that seller got low feedback score.. so better be careful b4 spend that much on ebay.. bdw.. nice girls on the background pic.. :P:lol:

Umm no you are wrong on that, this seller has 100% possessive feedback. Not telling anyone to buy, just stating the facts :)

Machan if you want a performance gain from the stock ECU i think going for a well reputed brand like HKS, APEXi is a better option.

You might want to buzz up Zakie from Tunedichips and ask if he can do something, they usually do stuff like civics, stis etc but might be able to help you out.

Machan what you have mentioned are re-mappable piggyback ecus for performance applications used by professionals. Its a little confusing but the device tiv is looking for comes factory mapped and is used for more mainstream applications and can be set up by pretty much anyone. I'm sure you can hook up a piggyback to a pickup map it and get more power. but in this application these cheaper pre-mapped plug and play units are the best option.

yup there is. its parked on the road that ends at the fife road crossways. there's maroon porsche cayenne turbo in the hosue opposite the road. its a white hilux with 17" rims and low pros. got a red bud splatter decal on it. i haven't looked under the hood, but the owner said its spec TRD. was a bargain at an auction and he had got it down, not knowing it was a performance vehicle. i know, sounds dodgy, but it just might be the real deal

Edited by Komisiripala

A really good chip should plug into the obd II port and stay inside the vehicle. So it has access to all functions of the ecu and can be removed instantly. this just seems to alter sensor settings and sends false data to fool the ecu. You probably won't get any performance improvements at all.

Machan what you have mentioned are re-mappable piggyback ecus for performance applications used by professionals. Its a little confusing but the device tiv is looking for comes factory mapped and is used for more mainstream applications and can be set up by pretty much anyone. I'm sure you can hook up a piggyback to a pickup map it and get more power. but in this application these cheaper pre-mapped plug and play units are the best option.

Yea thats exactly my plan, trying to retain the factory ECU and spec etc

, i've no rally or whatever racing plans for her, just a wee bit of off roading once I jack up the suspension and put big tyres..

Umm no you are wrong on that, this seller has 100% possessive feedback. Not telling anyone to buy, just stating the facts :)

Thanks for the info muchan, i'll talk to him and check this out..

yup there is. its parked on the road that ends at the fife road crossways. there's maroon porsche cayenne turbo in the hosue opposite the road. its a white hilux with 17" rims and low pros. got a red bud splatter decal on it. i haven't looked under the hood, but the owner said its spec TRD. was a bargain at an auction and he had got it down, not knowing it was a performance vehicle. i know, sounds dodgy, but it just might be the real deal

The TRD Hilux was only launched in a Australia as a performance 'ute'

toyota-trd-hilux-1-big.jpg

toyota-trd-hilux-10.jpg

or else there is another UK variant called intimatator with a bunch of upgrades..

Toyota_Hilux_Vigo_Intimidator_Automobile.jpg

Nope looks like I'm chasing my own tail. Had a closer look at the trd yesterday, and it had a d4d badge on it. So I'm guessing it was just another kitted fluke. Disappointing.

A look under the hood should solve the problem.

Ha ha the usual, like they say 'a land like no other'