• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Motors - Cars That Will Change The World

Californikan

I'm still waiting to find out if there is more than two choices for a person to take his hybrid in for a checkup in the island. Been more than a year since the initial tax cut, innit?

Let it go Peri. You're still trying to fight a battle that became irrelevant last year when the agents began doing hybrid service and repair.

Are you sure? More or less constant speed on expressway will result in less power consumption. Regenerator is to recover a part of the energy loss but there is still a net energy loss.

Yes. The Model S is more efficient at lower speeds in stop and go traffic. In those conditions less energy is being drawn from the battery than at expressway speeds, and the regen is charging the battery every time the driver lifts his foot off the accelerator.

Let it go Peri. You're still trying to fight a battle that became irrelevant last year when the agents began doing hybrid service and repair.

In other words, there is no etc and you just wanted your argument to look more impressive despite there still being only two places to realistically take your hybrid in case of a problem.

Alrighty,

In other words, there is no etc and you just wanted your argument to look more impressive despite there still being only two places to realistically take your hybrid in case of a problem.

Alrighty,

The 'etc' is all the garages and places that advertise or say they do hybrid service and repair.

By the way, the only option for almost every hybrid owner in the U.S. who want specialized hybrid service and repair is to take their car to the agent. Sri Lankan hybrid drivers have at least twice as many options available to them than most Americans.

The 'etc' is all the garages and places that advertise or say they do hybrid service and repair.

By the way, the only option for almost every hybrid owner in the U.S. who want specialized hybrid service and repair is to take their car to the agent. Sri Lankan hybrid drivers have at least twice as many options available to them than most Americans.

:lol:

How lucky sri lankan hybrid owners are. All they need is a village baas with a hammer and a spanner to sort out all their problems.

And what is your solution?

Ban the importation of all advanced technology vehicles into SL until service and repair facilities covering the entire island have been put in place, and all the village baases have been fully trained and equipped in hybrid and electric car maintenance and repair?

How lucky sri lankan hybrid owners are. All they need is a village baas with a hammer and a spanner to sort out all their problems.

Insisted people should buy hybrids coz maintenance facilities "will come".

I'm still waiting to find out if there is more than two choices for a person to take his hybrid in for a checkup in the island. Been more than a year since the initial tax cut, innit?

:lol:

So what's your solution to your stated problem of only "two choices for a person to take his hybrid in for a checkup in the island" and the 'lack of adequate hybrid maintenance facilities in the island'?

And since you have been the one harping since the tax cuts about cheapskate Sri lankans buying hybrids without having adequate maintenance facilities to service and repair their hybrids, what should have been done (by the car buyers, by the government, by the agents and importers, and by the garages) during the time of the original tax cut on hybrids to avoid this problem that you've been complaining about for almost two years now?

And I'll also ask you the same question I asked Crosswind. What's your solution to the point that Crosswind raised ?

I'm guessing you won't come up with much because fellows like you who spend so much energy complaining, criticizing, and finding fault are never the fellows who actually come up with the solutions to problems.

So what's your solution to your stated problem of only "two choices for a person to take his hybrid in for a checkup in the island" and the 'lack of adequate hybrid maintenance facilities in the island'?

And since you have been the one harping since the tax cuts about cheapskate Sri lankans buying hybrids without having adequate maintenance facilities to service and repair their hybrids, what should have been done (by the car buyers, by the government, by the agents and importers, and by the garages) during the time of the original tax cut on hybrids to avoid this problem that you've been complaining about for almost two years now?

And I'll also ask you the same question I asked Crosswind. What's your solution to the point that Crosswind raised ?

I'm guessing you won't come up with much because fellows like you who spend so much energy complaining, criticizing, and finding fault are never the fellows who actually come up with the solutions to problems.

oi nikan man... there is no two words that out buggers bought the hybrid because of the tax cuts... at least most did... we dont have a problem with them buying these shits... its thier money.. however, when there are not adequate service places available people tend rip people off... thats the problem.. this is SL man.. government doest give a horses ass about the consumer.. they just want the money to bring down their S600 V12, armoured vehicles. yes mr king has three of them... what say u now BITCH...

I'm glad you finally see there is a problem, which is what quite a few people on this forum have been trying to point out for quite a long time.

I don't need to find a solution coz its not my problem. My problem is every self titled "expert" telling people how wonderful the situation is, when as you just stated, there is a problem, and how they should be bringing down hybrids, when obviously, the wiser choice would be to wait until its more viable. Until then, I will busy myself with options that ARE viable right now, not hybrids or Teslas or whatever other alternate techs are being pushed.

The only thing I need to do in a responsible fashion, is NOT RECOMMEND that people buy hybrids at the current time.

I'm glad you finally see there is a problem, which is what quite a few people on this forum have been trying to point out for quite a long time.

I don't need to find a solution coz its not my problem. My problem is every self titled "expert" telling people how wonderful the situation is, when as you just stated, there is a problem, and how they should be bringing down hybrids, when obviously, the wiser choice would be to wait until its more viable. Until then, I will busy myself with options that ARE viable right now, not hybrids or Teslas or whatever other alternate techs are being pushed.

The only thing I need to do in a responsible fashion, is NOT RECOMMEND that people buy hybrids at the current time.

Fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...

tesla-supercharger-001-1.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

Yesterday Elon Musk and Tesla made the dream of driving a car powered only by sunlight a reality.

Musk unveiled the Tesla Supercharger, a charging station for Tesla cars that is completely powered by solar energy. Because the Tesla Supercharger is completely powered by solar energy, there is no charge or cost for the Model S driver to charge the battery of his car. The electricity is provided completely free. A Model S driver can now literally drive their Model S for free, powered only by sunlight.

In addition to being completely solar powered, the Tesla Supercharger is also the most powerful and fastest electric car charger in the world. It can charge the battery of a Model S with 120km of range in 15 minutes, 240km of range in 30 minutes and 450+ km of range in 60 minutes. That's several times faster than the fastest current charging stations.

http://www.treehugge...r-sunlight.html

http://www.teslamoto...om/supercharger

tesla-supercharger-fast-charging-system-for-electric-cars_100403181_l.jpg

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 1