• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Liana 2002 High Rpm At Idle....

ANUSH

Question

Hi,

I recently bought a Suzuki Liana 2002 Sedan (M 13 Engine) car.

Even after it comes to the running temperature and when I keep the car at idle, the rpm remains at 1400.(With A/C 1200.)

I went to A*W and they did a throttle body clean up and enjector cleaning.But still the problem remains the same.Throttle door also was adjusted to it's minimum level.

Pluged to the suzuki scan tool (at A*W) but, no issue indicated.

can someone please tell me what could be the reason for this problem.

11 answers to this question

Friends,

Also note that this car is with manual transmission....

Ok, tell me this, can you feel the engine race up when the AC is engaged?

Usually this is an issue with the idle control value, a vacuum leak or the air flow/map sensor. First course of action is to clean all of the above and see if it makes a difference.

IMO

The scanner only checks if a sensor has completely failed,

In the process of failing or due to been interrupted by deposits it may not function as intended,

For example a defective map sensor might run the engine rich and cause high idle speeds.

These are cleaned in a full fuel system clean up so you should go for one.

Would take couple of hours but i recommend you to observe the work been done as they could skip some parts.

From what i know with AC the RPM should increase but in you'r case it decreases this could be due to a defective so called AC clutch.

BTW

is this the Singapore model

Is this with the completely digital meter

I had the same issue with my Baleno, mine used to rev to about 2000 - 2500rpm when I was in traffic, changed the Throttle Body Sensor and did a small tune up. Runs brilliantly now until recently where it surfaces when the engine is cold, but is back to normal when the engine temperature builds up.

IMO

The scanner only checks if a sensor has completely failed,

In the process of failing or due to been interrupted by deposits it may not function as intended,

For example a defective map sensor might run the engine rich and cause high idle speeds.

These are cleaned in a full fuel system clean up so you should go for one.

Would take couple of hours but i recommend you to observe the work been done as they could skip some parts.

From what i know with AC the RPM should increase but in you'r case it decreases this could be due to a defective so called AC clutch.

BTW

is this the Singapore model

Is this with the completely digital meter

Yes ,This was imported from singapore.

It has full digital meter including the speedometer.

I had the same issue with my Baleno, mine used to rev to about 2000 - 2500rpm when I was in traffic, changed the Throttle Body Sensor and did a small tune up. Runs brilliantly now until recently where it surfaces when the engine is cold, but is back to normal when the engine temperature builds up.

Thanks for the information..bro..

I think mine also having the same issue...any way will first do a complete service of the fuel system and if it still fails, will go for the Throttle Body Sensor.

One more thing..From where did you buy this Throttle Body Sensor?Is it reconditioned part or New one? and what was the price like?

Thank you very much Brothers... for all the advices, and those information cleared most of the doubts I had in my mind..

I will get this thing sorted out in the weekend and will let you know the results...

Once again thanks for your time and valuable information. :appl::) :)

Thanks for the information..bro..

I think mine also having the same issue...any way will first do a complete service of the fuel system and if it still fails, will go for the Throttle Body Sensor.

One more thing..From where did you buy this Throttle Body Sensor?Is it reconditioned part or New one? and what was the price like?

I didn't buy the part machang, my garage guy got the stuff down. Was not that expensive about Rs. 4500/= but mines a different engine its an older model G16B SOHC so it could be a bit different.

Edited by Gummybr

3 hours ago, suzukilianapk said:

High RPM could be experienced if there is a pressure leak in Intake manifold, there is a small rubber tube which goes from intake manifold (back side of the engine) to either Brake servo or to LPg Kit (if installed). If that rubber tube is off seated from its port RPM will remain high.

Other than that following article may be helpful in ensuring the serviceability of Engine sensors based on the mentioned symptoms of failures:

[##Link Removed##]

Please stop responding to old threads just to bait people into clicking the link to your page populated with ads after each paragraph.