• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb14 Shifting Problem

GayanR

Question

Guys i have fb14 automatic.When i put my car on to drive or Reverse out from park.car pulls back and forth with lot of force .(I do keep pressing the brake) its almost shaking the car and my neck.And the car shifts hard from 1 to 2nd.But it happens only when i accelerate slowly.If i accelerate like i want to race,Its very smooth.I have replaced all the broken engine and transmission mounts.and lately my kick down cable was broken and i fixed it too.But still the problem remains.(from 2nd and upper gears shifts are almost unnoticeable,transmission fluids are pinkish as new)

13 answers to this question

GayanR !!

Hope you have solved your Car Bogs Down At High Speed problem?

when was your last auto gear oil chnage? i mean the KM ? & when was the last EFI tune up?

HI mahesh ya it turns out be the distributor.Tanx.anyway this problem was there for a while even before that.Last efi tune up was a month ago.My transmission lever is hard to move too.last fluid change was at 10000 kms back.

as a previous FB14's owner i can say that Nissan's do give a-lot of gearbox troubles..

i had a small knock when it change gears and i did a full re-flush, change the filter or something but not a big difference.

they said that i will have to replace a new gearbox.

but in your case. if the knock is so powerful for you to get your neck hurt. i think you'll have to replace the gearbox since you have already tuned your engine.

as a previous FB14's owner i can say that Nissan's do give a-lot of gearbox troubles.. i had a small knock when it change gears and i did a full re-flush, change the filter or something but not a big difference. they said that i will have to replace a new gearbox. but in your case. if the knock is so powerful for you to get your neck hurt. i think you'll have to replace the gearbox since you have already tuned your engine.

ya bro have to say lately im geting tired of this car.I think these vehicles are at end of their life time.Anywy that knock only happens when it selected to drive or reverse from park.it accelarates realy good and after that shifts smoothly,And has a powerful reverse.

ya bro have to say lately im geting tired of this car.I think these vehicles are at end of their life time.Anywy that knock only happens when it selected to drive or reverse from park.it accelarates realy good and after that shifts smoothly,And has a powerful reverse.

Do you feel any Knock while on D?

True.. im out of nissan for the moment, and playing it safe with Toyota and Honda.

you need to check your engine mounts. and see weather the engine is rocking back and forward when you change gears from P ->R and R->D

True.. im out of nissan for the moment, and playing it safe with Toyota and Honda.

you need to check your engine mounts. and see weather the engine is rocking back and forward when you change gears from P ->R and R->D

I replaced all the mounts.No the engine doesn't move.but when im inside the car i get this slam feeling like it would break the mounts.(feels like something hits a wall with presure) like when engages on D it want to race.

Edited by GayanR

I replaced all the mounts.No the engine doesn't move.but when im inside the car i get this slam feeling like it would break the mounts.(feels like something hits a wall with presure) like when engages on D it want to race.

did you replace the mounts with original or recon Japanese mounts or the new Thailand/Chinese mounts?

and by the way u explain. i think it is the end of the gear box. and i wouldn't be surprised since the gearbox with the GA15DE is not the most reliable.

Not sure if that's really a problem. Are you shifting while keeping your foot on the brakes? Cos when the handbrake is on, my car tries to move as well. When I shift into D with the handbrake on only, the entire rear end goes down by about 2 inches.