• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Basic 121

MyCar

Question

Guys, I am going to buy a car and budget is 2.5 mil. I m thinking of 2 cars , one is toyota 121 basic and nissan FB15. I found a basic 121 (2004) non vvt for 2.4 mil and ran around 127000 km. What you guys recommend go for the basic 121 or FB 15 super saloon (new shell) for this price.

Edited by MyCar

25 answers to this question

It may be harder to find a 121 for 2.5m. They are 2.7~2.9M minimum.

With your budget I would suggest new shell FB15

If a 121 going for 2.5m there must be some problems with it.

Edited by nano31

I found a basic 121 (2004) non vvt for 2.4 mil and ran around 127000 km.

It may be harder to find a 121 for 2.5m.

Geez!

@OP - I presume you must have found a 1.3 manual Singapore 121 or a 1.3 Manual B/N imported 121. Even then I think it's a good price if the car is in good condition. However, you may not have much pulling power or fuel efficiency in the 121.

Geez!

@OP - I presume you must have found a 1.3 manual Singapore 121 or a 1.3 Manual B/N imported 121. Even then I think it's a good price if the car is in good condition. However, you may not have much pulling power or fuel efficiency in the 121.

Thanks for all your reply. Yes it is B/N imported one. Car is not in that much good condition I may have to spend another 1 lak or so to get it in good condition. So do you think still it s worth to buy or go for a good condition FB15 ?

Thanks for all your reply. Yes it is B/N imported one. Car is not in that much good condition I may have to spend another 1 lak or so to get it in good condition. So do you think still it s worth to buy or go for a good condition FB15 ?

If your talking about the one i saw in Kottawa then thats a real crap car. Its been in a major frontal and has had a very poor repair job plus it needs far more repairs than 1 lack. If your thinking between this particular car and a mint FB15 then i suggest go for the FB15. But to be honest for a long term user a nice Toyota corolla would be ideal.

fb15 and 121 isn't the only cars that available within your budget any ways what are your main requirement from a car for example fuel consumption good looks comfort etc....

Edited by nexus

If your talking about the one i saw in Kottawa then thats a real crap car. Its been in a major frontal and has had a very poor repair job plus it needs far more repairs than 1 lack. If your thinking between this particular car and a mint FB15 then i suggest go for the FB15. But to be honest for a long term user a nice Toyota corolla would be ideal.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=84057

?

Its not the right thing to say bad about cars on autolanka so ill let the buyer be aware. But id say take a good look before you buy a car in that range as its has serious engine bay damage with structural damage to the chassis. Although the owner is a really nice gentleman the car is nothing like him.

Yes it was in kottwa. Yes I can understand what you are saying. I will forget that and think about alternative. Really appriciate your advice. Thanks.

• Like 1

fb15 and 121 isn't the only cars that available within your budget any ways what are your main requirement from a car for example fuel consumption good looks comfort etc....

I am looking for family sedan. Not thinking much about comfort but fuel efficiency..

• Like 1

I am looking for family sedan. Not thinking much about comfort but fuel efficiency..

if you are looking for fuel efficiency forget about fb15 you better off with a honda civic es8 es1... or mitsubishi lancer cs1 cs 2 they are more fuel efficient than fb15.

Yes it was in kottwa. Yes I can understand what you are saying. I will forget that and think about alternative. Really appriciate your advice. Thanks.

Spend a little more and try to find a manual corolla. Does really well on fuel. Or try a 110. Way better than FB15 which is also crap on fuel consumption.

Spend a little more and try to find a manual corolla. Does really well on fuel. Or try a 110. Way better than FB15 which is also crap on fuel consumption.

What's more comfortable mate ?

Nissan also has absolute crap front suspension.

Ohh.. why people always saying FB15 is a crap, even my father says so.. He always says it should be a Toyota in this county.. I do not understand. Anyway still I m looking for a one to buy.. My budget can't be exceed 2.5 mil.

Edited by MyCar

Ohh.. why people always saying FB15 is a crap, even my father says so.. He always says it should be a Toyota in this county.. I do not understand. Anyway still I m looking for a one to buy.. My budget can't be exceed 2.5 mil.

The FB15 is a decent car. The early versions had issues with sensors particularly O2 and cam position sensor but most cars will have these replaced by now. They were certainly not as fuel efficient as the Toyota (110 or 121) but the CVT transmission was probably better than standard autos offered by most vehicles at the time (and was not as brittle as the Honda system).

The FB15 is a decent car. The early versions had issues with sensors particularly O2 and cam position sensor but most cars will have these replaced by now. They were certainly not as fuel efficient as the Toyota (110 or 121) but the CVT transmission was probably better than standard autos offered by most vehicles at the time (and was not as brittle as the Honda system).

What you are saying is FB15 has CVT gear box ? and it is not effecient as Honda CVT ?

121's just have a softer suspension, so more sway and more bouncing up and down when you encounter something on the road. Thats not comfortable, unless you think bouncing around on the road is the definition of comfortable. Nissan's have much better seats, and don't sway as much, my personal preference is for that kinda ride.

One of those personal taste kinda situs.

What you are saying is FB15 has CVT gear box ? and it is not effecient as Honda CVT ?

The Nissan CVT system is more reliable and less prone to failure and more tolerant of crappy ATF fluid. Honda CVT systems must be run on Honda CVT oil and meticulously maintained and sadly seems to have more issues which is very rare for Hondas.

The Nissan CVT system is more reliable and less prone to failure and more tolerant of crappy ATF fluid.

So, you say FB15 has a CVT system???? Pls clarify. But I had heard that Nissan Autotrannys are more vulnerable for failures

So, you say FB15 has a CVT system???? Pls clarify. But I had heard that Nissan Autotrannys are more vulnerable for failures

From what I have seen only the 1.8 Litre version of the FB15 comes with a CVT gearbox, not sure though

My apologies, having looked at the model catalogue it seems NRX is correct. Only the 1.8L version of the FB15 seems to have come with a CVT tranny. I actually found it a bit surprising since quite a number of K11s came with CVT (and at times Hyper CVT) as well, but there you go.

From what I know there is nothing inherently wrong with the Nissan AT systems.

My apologies, having looked at the model catalogue it seems NRX is correct. Only the 1.8L version of the FB15 seems to have come with a CVT tranny. I actually found it a bit surprising since quite a number of K11s came with CVT (and at times Hyper CVT) as well, but there you go.

From what I know there is nothing inherently wrong with the Nissan AT systems.

Thanks, I was quite sure about that, since I have one. I never come across a 1.8 one. Are there anysuch cars in SL roads?

May be you are correct, but there were few coments in AL in the past that they not good as others. If you well maintain no problem for any Trannies I would say.

Edited by whmsujith