• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Need To Buy A Montero

Guys I am planing to buy a Mitsubishi Montero Jeep. (not sport)

2000-2004 one. Think price going around 4.5 to 5.5 Million.

please tell me some more details about this vehicle. How about Spare parts availability in Sri lanka.

I am not worrying about maintenance cost. I only need to know about good and bad side of vehicle.

Thanks in Advance.

Nels.

Guys I am planing to buy a Mitsubishi Montero Jeep. (not sport)

2000-2004 one. Think price going around 4.5 to 5.5 Million.

please tell me some more details about this vehicle. How about Spare parts availability in Sri lanka.

I am not worrying about maintenance cost. I only need to know about good and bad side of vehicle.

Thanks in Advance.

Nels.

Quite a few threads on this. Run a search.

In summary, good car to have. Loved it. Reliable, but when problems do arise, everything is 85,000 and on a two week waiting list at the agents.

Does 5-6kmpl. Gets insane values on long distance. If its JDM gdi then it needs 98 octane fuel. Which means you'll have issues even if you pump 95.

Very comfy and plush. Good ride. Handles like a bucket on wheels. Opens doors and drops jaws for you. Makes poor relatives very very jealous.

Never had a problem with gearbox or 4wd. Decent capability off road.

Edited by Komisiripala

In summary, good car to have. Loved it. Reliable, but when problems do arise, everything is 85,000 and on a two week waiting list at the agents.

Does 5-6kmpl. Gets insane values on long distance. If its JDM gdi then it needs 98 octane fuel. Which means you'll have issues even if you pump 95.

Very comfy and plush. Good ride. Handles like a bucket on wheels. Opens doors and drops jaws for you. Makes poor relatives very very jealous.

Thanks Machang. please tell me about your idea about Diesel ones.?

Thanks Machang. please tell me about your idea about Diesel ones.?

Sh*t buckets. Honestly, am a petrolhead. 90 octane warms the cockles of my heart. The only diesel I'll even consider is a Jenny for a power cut! Please don't tell me you want it for the reduced pumping cost because you'll pay 100 times what you save for a conversion, or a diesel paj, and on running repairs. And force yourself to like that belek-kade rattle of the engine.

If you have the money to afford a paj AND it's repairs but you don't want to spend on gas, then you should rather be true to thine self and go buy a Prius.

Not. A. Fan.

Edited by Komisiripala

Machan nels, if my memory is right you have a alto which does more than 20kmpl in 4th gear!. :) If you are upgrading to a montero or similar one just sell the Kmpl mentality with the alto and enjoy the new ride,if not go for a prius or aqua!

Edited by H.C

Machan nels, if my memory is right you have a alto which does more than 20kmpl in 4th gear!. :) If you are upgrading to a montero or similar one just sell the Kmpl mentality with the alto and enjoy the new ride,if not go for a prius or aqua!

You can get the man out of the alto but you can't get the alto out of the man!!

• Like 8

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Did a search but didn't find some info, hence asking. You seem to know about it well.

1. There are so many versions right? Exceed? Super Exceed? Exceed 2 etc. If you have time, please let me know the differences. Googled, but no luck.

2. Some say "Pajero" and some say "Montero" on the rear door. What is the difference? Is "Pajero" the domestic version which you mentioned needing 98 petrol?

3. Also, which one is better? 3Ltr or 3.5Ltr or 3.8Ltr? Why would anyone go for 3.8ltr or 3.5ltr when 3ltr is available? Is there an advantage? I see 3.5ltr is the most common one.

4. Some are "V6", some are "GDI". Please let me know what the difference as well.

Please share your advice when you have time. Thanks.

Hello!

Did a search but didn't find some info, hence asking. You seem to know about it well.

1. There are so many versions right? Exceed? Super Exceed? Exceed 2 etc. If you have time, please let me know the differences. Googled, but no luck.

2. Some say "Pajero" and some say "Montero" on the rear door. What is the difference? Is "Pajero" the domestic version which you mentioned needing 98 petrol?

3. Also, which one is better? 3Ltr or 3.5Ltr or 3.8Ltr? Why would anyone go for 3.8ltr or 3.5ltr when 3ltr is available? Is there an advantage? I see 3.5ltr is the most common one.

4. Some are "V6", some are "GDI". Please let me know what the difference as well.

Ahem.....did you google with your internet turned off?

Hello!

If you honestly beleive that smaller-the-better why dont you put in a Bajaj CT100 motorcycle engine, I here those get like 50+kmpl...

I have to agree with HardHat you seem to have googled (and searched the forum) with the internet turned off. These are all repeats.

Or if you just googled Pajero, all your questions would have been answered.

Here I will even put the link for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Pajero

It was named after Leopardus pajeros, the Pampas cat which is native to the Patagonia plateau region of southern Argentina.[3] However alternative names have been used for many markets overseas. It is known as the Mitsubishi Montero (meaning "mountain hunter"[4]) in Spain, India, and the Americas (except Brazil), and as the Mitsubishi Shogun in the United Kingdom. In Japan, it was sold at a specific retail chain called Car Plaza. Discontinued in the United States in 2006, the vehicle continues to be sold in the rest of the world in its fourth-generation iteration.
Edited by VVTi

Seriously Shanka, stop bring a lazy bum and google it! All your questions are easily accessible online.

Except the one on why the engine. Let me

Put it to you this way:

Find an owner of a 1000cc Toyota vios. Ask him about fuel consumption. Then find the 1500cc yaris. Compare the two. The result will knock your socks off.