• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan N16

damika

Dear friends,

i recently buy a nissan n16 car,after two weeks later,i bring my car to garage for change break pads on that time,meachanic show me the ABS line is disconnected.there after only i check with meter panel ABS indicator not working.is this any posibility to repair it,we want to put a new abs unit,what is the cost for ABS,where can i buy it,what best idle place to fix it.

thanks in advance

damika

If what i understood was correct you'r ABS light dosen't illuminate before starting.

This happens when the ABS light is bypassed as a selling trick.

I assume you have bought this from a sale.

Might not be a big issue as they do this now even to avoid the light when a sensor of a single wheel is faulty. But ABS won't function.

So plug a diagnostic scanner and check for faults.

For sensors you'l find ample reconditioned ones from punchi but remember to ask for at least one weeks return period.

But the 1st recommendation I would like to give you is, learn some english this was pretty hard to understand.

Edited by Clark's son

If what i understood was correct you'r ABS light dosen't illuminate before starting.

Might not be a big issue as they do this now even to avoid the light when a sensor of a single wheel is faulty. But ABS won't function.

For sensors you'l find ample reconditioned ones from punchi but remember to ask for at least one weeks return period.

But the 1st recommendation I would like to give you is, learn some english this was pretty hard to understand.

im sorry but do take a look of where his location is.

and think about what you said

Edit : dafaq, he just changed from Jaffna to colombo O.o

Edited by Schiffer

im sorry but do take a look of where his location is.

and think about what you said

Edit : dafaq, he just changed from Jaffna to colombo O.o

mm thanks for your valuable comment, i think you have only time to find others errors...............keep going on,good work SCHIFFER

Thanks clark's son, ill try my level best to learn English

And you are under the impression that he wrote grammatically incorrect sentences on purpose ?

Last time i checked this wasn't an English tuition class, or has that changed now :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Dear friends,

i recently buy a nissan n16 car,after two weeks later,i bring my car to garage for change break pads on that time,meachanic show me the ABS line is disconnected.there after only i check with meter panel ABS indicator not working.is this any posibility to repair it,we want to put a new abs unit,what is the cost for ABS,where can i buy it,what best idle place to fix it.

thanks in advance

damika

Before all the fancy "hooking it up to a scanner" stuff, you should first check if the bulb on the meter cluster is working. You never know, sometimes we tend to forget the simplest things :)

Edited by The Stig

Before all the fancy "hooking it up to a scanner" stuff, you should first check if the bulb on the meter cluster is working. You never know, sometimes we tend to forget the simplest things :)

+1. A burnt indicator bulb is easier to check than performing a diagnostic. You can do this yourself if you have the patience.

- Remove the dash panel(s)

- Carefully take the guage cluster out if necessary or just remove the correct bulb on the back of the cluster board

- Inspect the bulb. If unsure if it's burnt or not, use an already working bulb on the ABS bulb slot (ex: door indicator bulb maybe) and see if the indicator comes on now

- This would be a good time to check the ABS fuse as well since the bulb is sure to be working

If the indicator still does not come on, then you might have to get the ABS system checked out.

Unnecessary. This isnt the first post on A/L with grammatical errors. I understood the post just fine, as did the others I'm sure. It's one thing to rip a new one for smart asses who don't know a tie-rod from a connecting rod, but It's embarrassing to pick on people when they lack command of the language.