• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tax Marked Down For The New Budget???

gti89

with this government you cannot predict anything.

All decisions in country depends on what comes into our king's mind at the moment.

So don't rely on those rumors.

Tax cut is unlikely with the current economic state of the country.

If you're buying a car newly it matters. But if you're upgrading or changing the car, it doesn't matter because every vehicle in market moves up or down with this tax changes.

with this government you cannot predict anything.

All decisions in country depends on what comes into our king's mind at the moment.

So don't rely on those rumors.

Tax cut is unlikely with the current economic state of the country.

If you're buying a car newly it matters. But if you're upgrading or changing the car, it doesn't matter because every vehicle in market moves up or down with this tax changes.

ye unpredictable govt..

Members,

Motor Vehicles duty gave very high revenue to the government.

Due to increase of duty on cars, Vans, and the dollar. Government has lost that revenue considerably.

Don’t think Potatoes increased tax revenue can come close to revenue that government got from motor vehicles.

As (chan5) post says. Tax cut is unlikely with the current economic state of the country.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

yes its true. I got it from a 100% verified source. My friend's neighbor's brother's classmate's father works in the government press and he had been the one who had done the typesetting (in sinhala) to print the new budget.

ha ha.. nice source, 100% verified..

1. My friend's 2. neighbor's 3. brother's 4. classmate's 5. father

it took almost a minute to understand you..

• Like 2

There are two things to consider here. Govt is losing tax revenue because of low imports. On the other hand, govt is holding its FC reserves, which will otherwise deplete if the imports go up. So its a balance between the two. In my opinion, its the latter that is the real issue for the country. Not the loss of tax revenue (which can be overcome by other means).

There are two things to consider here. Govt is losing tax revenue because of low imports. On the other hand, govt is holding its FC reserves, which will otherwise deplete if the imports go up. So its a balance between the two. In my opinion, its the latter that is the real issue for the country. Not the loss of tax revenue (which can be overcome by other means).

yes,but what i learnt was that the real trigger for balance of payment crisis is not importation of vehicles, but the manipulated fuel prices and heavy borrowing by state entities. So if the government has the gut to address the real root cause, then there can be a tax cut on next budget.

in fact CIF value of the car is much lesser, which is the actual amount sent out from the country when importing a vehicle

I would not be surprised if they drop duty on smaller engined cars. It's ridiculous to have the same rate of tax for 2.0L engined car as well as a 800CC engined car. Also the government revenue targets must be under severe pressure by now.

I would not be surprised if they drop duty on smaller engined cars. It's ridiculous to have the same rate of tax for 2.0L engined car as well as a 800CC engined car. Also the government revenue targets must be under severe pressure by now.

I was under the impression that the <1500 and >1500 where 2 different tax bands... or is my tax knowledge out of date?

GTMAm,

That tax really affected the small Maruti cars,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

ha ha.. nice source, 100% verified..

1. My friend's 2. neighbor's 3. brother's 4. classmate's 5. father

it took almost a minute to understand you..

lol.. yeah for me too..