• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

we had Japanese vehicles from little childhood

not a single unit has given trouble..only we had changed Clutch plates and Belts

some small repairs also done.........

my thinking is Hybrid also going to be trouble free.......we also dont have money to waste

i have chosen this is we can import this at da price of Vitz......only reason is that..at the moment this car prices go up like a rocket

What's his car model? 10,20 or 30?

What kind of problems did he have?except battery prob

apart from dead battry

He has noticed that his head lights randomly turning off.He replaced them with (Chinese) another two lights but after two weeks same ting happen.According to his talks he thinks it has some electric problem.

He said he heard some kings of noise (not a big one but noticeable ) while he driving in regular road.

I think it is a second generation one No idea about car model may be Pirus two(no Sunshed)

apart from dead battry

He has noticed that his head lights randomly turning off.He replaced them with (Chinese) another two lights but after two weeks same ting happen.According to his talks he thinks it has some electric problem.

He said he heard some kings of noise (not a big one but noticeable ) while he driving in regular road.

I think it is a second generation one No idea about car model may be Pirus two(no Sunshed)

thanks for replying.i bought two prius cars for my family.2010 and 2008.i think those are minor issues except replacing a battery(it costs 1lak from singapore).there is a 1st generation prius in kandy still ruining.

thanks for replying.i bought two prius cars for my family.2010 and 2008.i think those are minor issues except replacing a battery(it costs 1lak from singapore).there is a 1st generation prius in kandy still ruining.

How much was 2010 cost to you ?

actually im going to buy 2 nos of cars..one of uncles has sold 12 units

another one has imported Lexus jeep.....bt my father tells same words like u "OK, if you love it so much, put your money where your mouth is and buy it. Right now. "

:angry-smiley-048:

:alc:

And your sitting here promoting hybrids coz your uncle is selling them? :rolleyes: Alrighty then.

im not a person like that....if he losses hybrid sales we will sell other normal cars......wht i want is to buy big car rather than going for small vitz......... :alc:

So essentially, you just admitted to being a car sale, thus ensuring that your opinion on Priuses (or any other cars for that matter) will now be considered biased and therefore unreliable...

You chaps really need to learn how to do this guerrilla marketing thing properly if you insist on doing it. It just makes you look incompetent otherwise.

asanka1982 i never seen a 1st generation prius in kandy :blink:

Edited by nexus

friends..

theres a 2009 prius for 55M..

is it reasonable after the tax reduction?

i have seen 2008 prius for arond 2.8M..

im confucedddd

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

it should be around 3m to 3.5m. direct import form japan

But from selling other persons vehicle i would not get a single rupee..wht i want to know is a way convince my father to buy one :P

mh That will be a little bit difficult if your father is not listening to your openian unfortunately my father is like that.It took one month to convince my father to not to get registered car.And took one and half year to sell our 15 years old vehicle which start giving lot of repairs in last few months.

But from selling other persons vehicle i would not get a single rupee..wht i want to know is a way convince my father to buy one :P

your father sounds like a wise man, maybe you should listen to him :angry-smiley-048:

I have heard about it, guess its in madawala. Heard it was imported few years back

I've seen a red 1st gen in Kandy a few times, once was parked near Heerassagala so took a closer look, the same car you're talking about or different colour?

i've seen one running very rarely. Not sure about YOM but fist generation. Does any one know about the price for CRZ. Heard asking price is around 5.8M ??

Edited by MkX

TOKYO - TOYOTA'S Prius hybrid broke the Japanese sales record for a single car model in 2010, helped by a popular government subsidy for green vehicles, an industry group said on Tuesday.

Did you even READ what you posted. All the article says is that it sold a lot cos its cheap. When a single model has a price advantage over its competitors its kinda obvious that it'll sell better. Its the same reason sri lankans too are so keen on buying hybrids right now.

Just want to point out that the Honda Insight Hybrid is the Prius main and direct competitor and is cheaper than the Prius and got the green subsidy as well but did not even make it into the Japan top ten in 2010

2010 Japan car sales

Toyota Prius … 315,669

Honda Fit … 185,439

Toyota Vitz … 122,248

Toyota Corolla … 111,265

Honda Freed … 95,123

Toyota Passo … 89,373

Honda Stepwagon … 80,934

Nissan Serena … 75,040

Toyota Voxy … 72,163

Nissan Note … 66,347

2009 Japan car sales

Toyota Prius … 208,876

Honda Fit … 157,324

Toyota Vitz … 117,655

Toyota Passo … 98,883

Honda Insight … 93,283

Toyota Corolla … 90,178

Honda Freed … 79,525

Nissan Serena … 78,836

Toyota Voxy … 71,426

Nissan Note … 65,745

Just want to point out that the Honda Insight Hybrid is the Prius main and direct competitor and is cheaper than the Prius and got the green subsidy as well but did not even make it into the Japan top ten in 2010

2010 Japan car sales

Toyota Prius … 315,669

Honda Fit … 185,439

Toyota Vitz … 122,248

Toyota Corolla … 111,265

Honda Freed … 95,123

Toyota Passo … 89,373

Honda Stepwagon … 80,934

Nissan Serena … 75,040

Toyota Voxy … 72,163

Nissan Note … 66,347

2009 Japan car sales

Toyota Prius … 208,876

Honda Fit … 157,324

Toyota Vitz … 117,655

Toyota Passo … 98,883

Honda Insight … 93,283

Toyota Corolla … 90,178

Honda Freed … 79,525

Nissan Serena … 78,836

Toyota Voxy … 71,426

Nissan Note … 65,745

What ever said and done Toyota knows what they are doing, and they do it right. B)