• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

Just want to point out that the Honda Insight Hybrid is the Prius main and direct competitor and is cheaper than the Prius and got the green subsidy as well but did not even make it into the Japan top ten in 2010

2010 Japan car sales

Toyota Prius … 315,669

Honda Fit … 185,439

Toyota Vitz … 122,248

Toyota Corolla … 111,265

Honda Freed … 95,123

Toyota Passo … 89,373

Honda Stepwagon … 80,934

Nissan Serena … 75,040

Toyota Voxy … 72,163

Nissan Note … 66,347

2009 Japan car sales

Toyota Prius … 208,876

Honda Fit … 157,324

Toyota Vitz … 117,655

Toyota Passo … 98,883

Honda Insight … 93,283

Toyota Corolla … 90,178

Honda Freed … 79,525

Nissan Serena … 78,836

Toyota Voxy … 71,426

Nissan Note … 65,745

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110204/ap_on_bi_ge/as_japan_honda

I've seen a red 1st gen in Kandy a few times, once was parked near Heerassagala so took a closer look, the same car you're talking about or different colour?

Uhh no idea, who cares anyway, it's a prius not a Lamborghini lol. Besides, you would get to see loadz of them in our streets pretty soon, so yeah..

If Autolanka exsist when Automatic Gear Box came into business there would be a same forum like this......

:angry-smiley-048:

If most of the people doesn't like this Hybrids don't know why the prices of Hybrids have gone up in Jp.

One thing to consider Car sales people don't have any problem after selling their Prius or other Hybrid Stocks..

problem comes to the User of Hybrids.........But i don't think Jp product will b a Failure in SL

If Autolanka exsist when Automatic Gear Box came into business there would be a same forum like this......

If most of the people doesn't like this Hybrids don't know why the prices of Hybrids have gone up in Jp.

One thing to consider Car sales people don't have any problem after selling their Prius or other Hybrid Stocks..

problem comes to the User of Hybrids.........But i don't think Jp product will b a Failure in SL

You think how long it took for Automatics to mature and fully accepted by a large audience ? more than 50 years that is. But still it's not that popular in European context. Similarly, Hybrids will be embraced by majority when it's matured enough to be there, so does the hydrogen fuel cell vehicles all that.

What some of the members were highlighting is the guerilla marketing and sudden hype on hybrids as if it was invented yesterday. It was all due to sudden tax lift and none of the agents are ready to service or bring down hybrids as yet. But some profit greedy set of people have brought down used (junk?) hybrids where a 2/3rd of the battery life would've utilized and trying to market them. Look at the prices they quote, the mark up would be almost double compared to an ordinary vehicle, yet the buyer assumes a high risk with it too. All for squeeze few more kms from a juice litre ? or simply because all those hyping on buying hybrids are tree huggers and environmental frenthos ? then there's this all electric vehicle was available in this market for more than 2 years. Why not this hype was created back then? for a 100% eco friendly vehicle than hybrid?

I think we should not keep this trolling any further.

Prices of Hybrids have gone up in Japan coz they removed the tax break or subsidy or whatever. If your such a fan, why aren't you following this and need to ask? It was posted here. I'm not even interested and I still know that such a thing happened!

Dude, you need a grip on reality. Most people may like hybrids which is why is sells well. We know lots of people liked corollas, to the point it was the best selling car in the world. The people who like those cars are not driving enthusiasts. They are merely drivers, possibly bean counters/penny pinchers/whatever you like to call them. Most Driving Enthusiasts don't like the Prius. Note, not Hybrids, the Prius. Don't mix the two. There are some performance oriented hybrids that are quite acceptable. Even the pure electric Tesla Roadster would meet approval, and its faaaar faaaaar greener than a Prius. Specially in a country where electricity is generated by hydro power and not coal and oil burning power plants.

Well machang, the thing is it should happen at some point isn't it? Why wasn't it adopted earlier? I dunno, probably they were too expensive and people didn't had that kind of money. I'm not saying the borrowing culture is good now but it has started to happen now so why not embrace it? It's not ideal what's going on now but very little things in life are. May be things will, hopefully turn to better when bitch and mourn through word of mouth and through like this forum and get the word across.

Well machang, the thing is it should happen at some point isn't it? Why wasn't it adopted earlier? I dunno, probably they were too expensive and people didn't had that kind of money. I'm not saying the borrowing culture is good now but it has started to happen now so why not embrace it? It's not ideal what's going on now but very little things in life are. May be things will, hopefully turn to better when bitch and mourn through word of mouth and through like this forum and get the word across.

Who are you replying to dude?

So we should embrace any new culture irrespective of its rationale? mate what ur suggesting is exactly what triggered the 2007/08 financial crisis globally. So be careful what u wish for :action-smiley-060:

Hi Guys,

Thought of giving my 2 cents here.

For me, a car is to get my family members from point A to Point B , safely and with some dignity.

If i'm by myself or in a hurry or in need to feel some adrenalin rush, I use my mobike which is the fastest way to travel in SL.

Prius , like any other technology is evolving, no doubt, but when buying a FAMILY car, non-rich kids like myself need to think about few things IMHO. like second hand value, maintenance cost, spare parts availability , qualified techs to name a few. I guess there will be few more decades before Gunapala baas learns to repair a hybrid engine.

Since everyone has access to google :) im not going to talk about the known facts about the prius here again , but the things like Regenerative Braking are overhyped i guess, I never saw anyone mentioning how much energy the braking system feeds back to the battery on a breaking situation or a downhill run.

And , oh please, humans should not develop stupid features like auto parking , that makes our women even dumber! !

A Nissan diesel bluebrid makes sense to me than a prius when thinking along the above facts , but then its just me.

cheers

CBR

Hi Guys,

For me, a car is to get my family members from point A to Point B , safely and with some dignity.

If i'm by myself or in a hurry or in need to feel some adrenalin rush, I use my mobike which is the fastest way to travel in SL.

Prius , like any other technology is evolving, no doubt, but when buying a FAMILY car, non-rich kids like myself need to think about few things IMHO. like second hand value, maintenance cost, spare parts availability , qualified techs to name a few. I guess there will be few more decades before Gunapala baas learns to repair a hybrid engine.

Since everyone has access to google :) im not going to talk about the known facts about the prius here again , but the things like Regenerative Braking are overhyped i guess, I never saw anyone mentioning how much energy the braking system feeds back to the battery on a breaking situation or a downhill run.

And , oh please, humans should not develop stupid features like auto parking , that makes our women even dumber! !

A Nissan diesel bluebrid makes sense to me than a prius when thinking along the above facts , but then its just me.

cheers

CBR

LOL

Hi Guys,

cheers

CBR

Wow, Ignorance, Lack of imagination AND Misogyny all in one post... Bravo man, Bravo!

it's quite shocking to see that so many prius' are on our roads these days.

given the fact that it's a new technology and has all those complications attached to it...so many people seem to be buying into them.

suppose toyota badge value still carries a lot of weight amongst people to dive into this so fast.

Was just wondering, is the JDM Prius and export version for US etc. built the same way to tolerate similar conditions? I do know it's not so for normal cars, with engines, gearbox, suspension being different while the exterior remains the same, so that it's suitable best for the marketed region.

it's quite shocking to see that so many prius' are on our roads these days.

given the fact that it's a new technology and has all those complications attached to it...so many people seem to be buying into them.

suppose toyota badge value still carries a lot of weight amongst people to dive into this so fast.

The price tag is quite appealing I suppose. I fear some may even be buying them without knowing that they're hybrids, like the whole CVT/AT issue.