• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion Or Rexton

window100

Why Rexton is better than Allion:

Better ground clearance

Diesel

More interior space

Seven seater

More powerful engine

More features

Why Allion is better than Rexton:

Better second market

Easier to maintain

Better reliability

Could be more economical

Could handle better cuz of lower ground clearance

• Like 1

Better ground clearance

Diesel

More interior space

Seven seater

More powerful engine

More features

Better second market

Easier to maintain

Better reliability

Could be more economical

Its from Toyota and JDM of course. and Rexton south korea. (Now comes under Mahindra)

Edited by kushan

Hi guys,may i know your precious ideas & suggestions about allion & rexton, because at the moment i'm using a allion,( 1500cc,

year 2008,) but i'm fond of buyin a rexton (2010 or 2011, diesel) so pls feed me if u have eny experiance with above mentioned vehicles

You said you are currently using Allion ryt, So you may know its pros and cons, You want to replace your Allion with a Rexton? you sure..? :speechless-smiley-004:

Edited by kushan

yes, i want to replace my allion with rexton, because it's a suv, good lookin& a diesel, i think it's more comfertable than allion, dont know whether it's more comfertable

than allion cos i haven't driven a rexton, so i want your advice, thanks

You said you are currently using Allion ryt, So you may know its pros and cons, You want to replace your Allion with a Rexton? you sure..? :speechless-smiley-004:

Better ground clearance

Diesel

More interior space

Seven seater

More powerful engine

More features

Better second market

Easier to maintain

Better reliability

Could be more economical

thanks for your feed mate

The Rexton is a very good vehicle for what it is. As long as you don't expect it to be a Montero or a Prado, you'll be fine. Lots of extra features plus an extremely plush ride. But be warned, it will not be fuel efficient. If you're picking up a used one, more power to you because the first owner has already borne the bulk of the depreciation, thus giving you a good deal.

The Rexton is a very good vehicle for what it is. As long as you don't expect it to be a Montero or a Prado, you'll be fine. Lots of extra features plus an extremely plush ride. But be warned, it will not be fuel efficient. If you're picking up a used one, more power to you because the first owner has already borne the bulk of the depreciation, thus giving you a good deal.

thanks a lot, n may i know the ruf fuel consumption short & long distance pls

Its from Toyota and JDM of course. and Rexton south korea. (Now comes under Mahindra)

im sorry but i disagree.

though the rexton might not be as reliable as JDM vehicles, it gives more value for money

and korean cars are not that bad these days and the fact the engine on the rexton is mercedes, its not ur daily crappy korean engine.

although, i doubt he's gonna take full advantage of buying an SUV

im sorry but i disagree.

though the rexton might not be as reliable as JDM vehicles, it gives more value for money

and korean cars are not that bad these days and the fact the engine on the rexton is mercedes, its not ur daily crappy korean engine.

Hyundai beats BMW in 2012 reliability rankings

http://www.topgear.com/au/car-news/2012-reliability-survey

Listen mate , I just want to know is it worth replacing a car for a suv, regading it's maintainence,comfort & efficiancy!!!!!!!!

Well that should be YOUR decision, based on YOUR needs and wants. Expecting people on the internet to decide whether you should buy and SUV or a car clearly shows how indecisive you are. Does your mom still pick underwear for you?

• Like 2

Well that should be YOUR decision, based on YOUR needs and wants. Expecting people on the internet to decide whether you should buy and SUV or a car clearly shows how indecisive you are. Does your mom still pick underwear for you?

yes u ar corret, i'm indecisive, cos i don't have eny experience using a rexton, so it's better to take some opinion from some one whom has some experience than ,taking a self decision like a panditt

Hi guys,may i know your precious ideas & suggestions about allion & rexton, because at the moment i'm using a allion,( 1500cc,

year 2008,) but i'm fond of buyin a rexton (2010 or 2011, diesel) so pls feed me if u have eny experiance with above mentioned vehicles

'window100',

My son -in-law uses one Rex-ton what he got for his permit now just done over 50000 Kilometers. It is regularly serviced by the agents, and he had to change set of tires at 40000 Kms. 2 Ball joints and fan belt tension pulley was changed at 48000kms. So far no other problems. Agents charges are bit expensive. He used same in war zone ares on bad roads, due to that ball joints had given trouble, So far no major problems, shocks I got them tested month ago had 60% efficiency. He is no more in government service. He had a Honda also JDM as a second vehicle for Colombo use by my daughter. We had to replace entire suspension. That was a adjusted odometer by the importer had bit of problems. I think Rex-ton is better than JDM used vehicles imported to this country. This is my experience and opinion about Rex-ton.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'window100',

Sorry I could not give fuel figures and more details, in Colombo traffic it does about 8 kilometers out of Colombo about 10 kilometers for a liter of Diesel.

Comfort is OK for that vehicle not like Japanese or BMW.Very good road holding on high speeds.

You can buy much cheaper than Japanese vehicle of that class.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I think Rex-ton is better than JDM used vehicles imported to this country. This is my experience and opinion about Rex-ton.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Whoa!!!! Im shocked..... you really really sure? and that Honda is a SUV you compared with the Korean SUV? and we are not sure how it has been used previously so better to take brand new vehicles when comparing..

Edited by kushan

im sorry but i disagree.

it gives more value for money

engine on the rexton is mercedes,

It gives more value because its an SUV, not a car..? dunno abt the engine, but I have heard all the ssangyong vehicles(except Korando) marketed by Micro not that good,

window100,

If you so much wanna own an SUV, why dont you go for sportage of sorento, maybe Hyundai vehicles..? going for ssangyong is a not a very good decision for me it seems.