• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

Sasmung is stepping up a notch when it comes to display this year

and samsung will probably dropping android and will start using Tizen from the end of the year. although i wish samsung continues with android

tizen is a combination of there touchWiz and linux,

samsung is having something big up there sleeves as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypKB32DlyzM

. i have tried an SIII trust me it isnt very different from SII with JB update

Well, I beg to differ as I hv both in my hands right now (SIII with 4.1.2 and SII with 4.2) and while the general experience is similar, there are things in SIII that simply feels more refined, faster and usable than SII. SIII is not the phone that it's market share would justify, but it is still incremental from SII (duh?)

Well, I beg to differ as I hv both in my hands right now (SIII with 4.1.2 and SII with 4.2) and while the general experience is similar, there are things in SIII that simply feels more refined, faster and usable than SII. SIII is not the phone that it's market share would justify, but it is still incremental from SII (duh?)

Ofcourse it'll be faster, it takes pics faster and so on, but do you its really worthy upgrading from an SII to SIII?

Ofcourse it'll be faster, it takes pics faster and so on, but do you its really worthy upgrading from an SII to SIII?

Yep, upgrading would be a hard choice for me if I had the SII. And since the version cycle has been considerably shortened by both apple and samsung (among others), it would make sense to skip one iteration if you were no keen on incremental improvements.

Yep, upgrading would be a hard choice for me if I had the SII. And since the version cycle has been considerably shortened by both apple and samsung (among others), it would make sense to skip one iteration if you were no keen on incremental improvements.

true, i tried the iphone 5. dont think its really a worthy upgrade from 4S, unless you watch loads of movies/videos on your phone

and samsung will probably dropping android and will start using Tizen from the end of the year.

I would be extremely surprised if Samsung was to drop Android in favor of Tizen. What's more likely is that Android will remain the OS for top end smartphones, and Tizen will be the OS for bottom/midrange smartphones. This is nothing new as Samsung already has an inhouse developed smartphone OS - Bada, which is used in some phones - such as the Wave II.

Abandoning a well developed ecosystem like Android will have huge penalties on the device manufacturer - such as the need to develop an app store from scratch, etc (unless they can find a way of making Tizen fully compatible with Android apps).

• Like 1

I would be extremely surprised if Samsung was to drop Android in favor of Tizen. What's more likely is that Android will remain the OS for top end smartphones, and Tizen will be the OS for bottom/midrange smartphones. This is nothing new as Samsung already has an inhouse developed smartphone OS - Bada, which is used in some phones - such as the Wave II.

Abandoning a well developed ecosystem like Android will have huge penalties on the device manufacturer - such as the need to develop an app store from scratch, etc (unless they can find a way of making Tizen fully compatible with Android apps).

well that sounds like a smart move, cuz its a not good idea to have the same OS on all their phones, it reduces the image of their high end phones

Samsung now has their fingers in many mobile OS's; Droid, Linux and Win 8/RT. Although it seems that they are pushing the Ativ S launch yet again, which does not make sense if they will bring out a droid successor to SIII in the middle of the year.

so people who are using Samsung Galaxy S2

u might already know that the jelly bean firmware update has rolled out for spain and china.

i tested and am running on jelly beans now and im LOVING IT.

almost everything is changed. a complete S3 transformation

*gallary

*music player

*video player with desktop minimize gesture

*new dialer

*new radio

*new notification bar with additional features

*new home screen

*new web broswer with more gestures

*new qwerty keypad

*new screen mode selection, Black list feature, sleep detector thingy, 2 home screen modes,

*new calender, task manager, and many shortcuts everywhere.

*new widgets

*new file manager

Performance wise.

*A lot faster and smoother,

*faster photo snaps

*a wee bit less battery consumption

*using it for 2 days and the firmware is extremely stable.

PyZZghN.jpg4OZsXmP.jpg

kWhlhcL.jpgaPgKN5F.jpg

so people who are using Samsung Galaxy S2

u might already know that the jelly bean firmware update has rolled out for spain and china.

i tested and am running on jelly beans now and im LOVING IT.

almost everything is changed. a complete S3 transformation

*gallary

*music player

*video player with desktop minimize gesture

*new dialer

*new radio

*new notification bar with additional features

*new home screen

*new web broswer with more gestures

*new qwerty keypad

*new screen mode selection, Black list feature, sleep detector thingy, 2 home screen modes,

*new calender, task manager, and many shortcuts everywhere.

*new widgets

*new file manager

Performance wise.

*A lot faster and smoother,

*faster photo snaps

*a wee bit less battery consumption

*using it for 2 days and the firmware is extremely stable.

PyZZghN.jpg4OZsXmP.jpg

kWhlhcL.jpgaPgKN5F.jpg

Used it ages ago :D

A buddy who has an S2 wants to know where you got the update from. Apparently it doesn't show up for his phone.

you can get it here:http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-I9100&pcode=0&os=1&type=1#firmware

at the moment the official final version is only out for China and Spain that's why it doesn't show up on his phones, bdw tell him to go for the Spain version

be warned, i donwloaded the spain version. but 2 files are missing in it and after trying to install the PDA file it gave a error message and Failed.

oh and peri, to connect the phone, he also have to download samsung USB drivers.

be warned, i donwloaded the spain version. but 2 files are missing in it and after trying to install the PDA file it gave a error message and Failed.

oh and peri, to connect the phone, he also have to download samsung USB drivers.

you just need to install Kies for that.

bdw why don't you guys wait till the UK version is out?

Edit: the final versions only come with the file for PDA, only test versions come with four files and yes some firmwares do fail ahs happened to me once when I tied installing the Chinese ICS when I had ma SII

Edited by Magnum

The guy took a look at that video, and says that is for the I9100, but his is a I9100G, so he doesn't want to risk it.

Machan schifer, are you using a car dock with your s2. . If so, just check wheather its working. Because I upgraded to JB in my S3 and later realized that they killed the dock function with the JB!

Machan did you get the 4.1.2 OTA update? The "driving mode" makes a comeback there, should be similar to car dock (I hv not used car dock in android).

Machan schifer, are you using a car dock with your s2. . If so, just check wheather its working. Because I upgraded to JB in my S3 and later realized that they killed the dock function with the JB!

im connecting the phone to the DVD unit via Bluetooth or to a Bluetooth hands-free when i am in the car. no problems or issue's with that ban

tbh i am not sure what kind of car dock your talking about :D

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="vishkid" data-cid="231617" data-time="1359473291"><p>

Machan did you get the 4.1.2 OTA update? The "driving mode" makes a comeback there, should be similar to car dock (I hv not used car dock in android).</p></blockquote> well driving mode was there when using car home ultra. Ive got samsung infuse4g official car dock which was a petfect match for s3 and worked with ICS. ( charging and audio out option). With JB they have removed it in all the updates except in one us network. It is a huge blow to the after market car docks like i Bolt.