• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Feedback On Forum Etiquette, Standards And Courtesy

The Don

No, it's the responsibility of the poster to ensure that his claims can be backed up by real world data and/or experience. This is not a religious forum where people give opinions based on their beliefs, this is a car forum where everything has to be based on fact!

I absolutely agree and that is what I stated. However there are certain things that cannot be factual but is a matter of opinion; for example whether its better to buy a black Montero or a white. Well you know what I meant.

Why don't we all put a stop to this thread as it has become worse than an Allion/Fuel/ Malaka 2 thread.

Seriously.

This is a public online forum. One cannot control other people's opinions by force. If a contributor's input is not valid, lets correct it in any way we can, if there is offensive material loaded, lets remove it.

But lets not create a regime where free speech is curtailed.

It takes all kind to make the world go round. We need the cussers, the swearers, the idiots and the dumbasses and the one who actually add value to make any forum interesting.

• Like 5

Why don't we all put a stop to this thread as it has become worse than an Allion/Fuel/ Malaka 2 thread.

Seriously.

This is a public online forum. One cannot control other people's opinions by force. If a contributor's input is not valid, lets correct it in any way we can, if there is offensive material loaded, lets remove it.

But lets not create a regime where free speech is curtailed.

It takes all kind to make the world go round. We need the cussers, the swearers, the idiots and the dumbasses and the one who actually add value to make any forum interesting.

I agree with you VVTI on practically all of your points. I only created this thread so that we have a discussion on what constitutes offensive material, so we have a clearer consistent process of dealing with that. This wasn't about language filters, swearing or censorship.

It was basically to uphold and celebrate this

We need the cussers, the swearers, the idiots and the dumbasses and the one who actually add value to make any forum interesting.

And I was keen to hear from everybody. In the end it would be Madz who will make a judgement call, but don't shoot a guy for trying to do something positive for a community he's been part of for many years. Even if you might not agree with the aims, or some of what's been said, please don't doubt the motives or intentions.

As to closing this topic, I shall let Peri and Supra to make that call cos it'll be quite hypocritical for me to lock my own thread :)

I agree with you VVTI on practically all of your points. I only created this thread so that we have a discussion on what constitutes offensive material, so we have a clearer consistent process of dealing with that. This wasn't about language filters, swearing or censorship.

Purely on a logical train of thought; If you agree with VVTI that anything offensive should be removed (meaning members should be allowed to post it for starters), and the point of the thread was to get a "clearer consistent process for dealing with it", shouldnt that have been a discussion between Madz, peri, S_N and you? Why involve the rest of us who have no power over IF and WHAT is removed due to being offensive? It just comes out looking like those with power swinging their cocks (edited to comply with new politeness policy) figuratively oscillating one's male reproductive organ at those without power...

Peace out!

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

Purely on a logical train of thought; If you agree with VVTI that anything offensive should be removed (meaning members should be allowed to post it for starters), and the point of the thread was to get a "clearer consistent process for dealing with it", shouldnt that have been a discussion between Madz, peri, S_N and you? Why involve the rest of us who have no power over IF and WHAT is removed due to being offensive? It just comes out looking like those with power swinging their cocks (edited to comply with new politeness policy) figuratively oscillating one's male reproductive organ at those without power...

Peace out!

Watchman, there is a fine line between being offensive, having a heated debate, that is kind of relative to the ingrained culture of the community. I mean in Pakistan there were people asking for the death penalty for a girl who had supposedly burnt the Koran while this is a standard acceptable form of protest in other countries.

This was an attempt of gauging the thinking of the community in general. So that whatever is in place is compliant with our appetite, tolerances and culture. I think most of the members including myself would leave this forum if it introduced heavy moderation, pre approved posting, censorship and curtailment of free expression or discussion.

And I don't think there is really any evidence of power play at Auto Lanka. I've seen Peri tell people to go away from the forum out of frustration but never ever ban them, which he can do, because he still respected their right of expression. I don't think that will change any time soon, nor will the community allow that (people will just get up and leave).

seriouslly? bad VVTi.. :D :D

lolzzz :dance3:

Kushan, please, there is a post whoring thread if you just want to get your post count up. If you have anything to contribute, please do so, but please help us keep threads relevant.

This is not a warning or anything but a kind request.

Edited by The Don

Kushan, please, there is a post whoring thread if you just want to get your post count up. If you have anything to contribute, please do so, but please help us keep threads relevant.

:D Its just hilarious, dont wanna increase my post counts here mate. seriouslly, dont care how much is the post count.

:D Its just hilarious, dont wanna increase my post counts here mate. seriouslly, dont care how much is the post count.

In that case, make one post saying its hilarious and leave it alone... There is no point putting up a post going "lolllzz" on this kind of discussion now is there?

In that case, make one post saying its hilarious and leave it alone... There is no point putting up a post going "lolllzz" on this kind of discussion now is there?

Ok, im not gonna increse my post count here by replying to this, and hereafter im not gonna reply to this thread. I was reading from the top of this thread and found those two post hilarious. Like someother found it hilarious to the word list posted by MD.

Thats the whole idea,

Ok, im not gonna increse my post count here by replying to this, and hereafter im not gonna reply to this thread. I was reading from the top of this thread and found those two post hilarious. Like someother found it hilarious to the word list posted by MD.

Thats the whole idea,

That is exactly why there is a Multiquote button on the forum, so you can quote multiple posts.... Plus, its always great forum etiquette to read a thread through to the end before replying to it y'know..

Go for it, Kushan! What's the worst that can happen????

This is EXACTLY the attitude we're trying to deal with. A lot of people spend a lot of time contributing, writing long posts about their little projects, helping people in need and all out of courtesy and a feeling of community.

And to be honest those guys deserve a bit of flack because they do something for the forum and everybody else.

What others who clearly benefit can do is help keep the posts relevant to the topic. This is just common courtesy and good etiquette in a forum and frankly in real life.

If you give respect you will get respect back in return.

Holy Coitus!!

You guys are clamping down on people LOLing now!?!??!

Machang you might want to change your AutoLanka account password, cos someone seems to have hacked into it and typed the following. Based on the above quoted post, it certainly couldn't have been you who typed the below quoted post :rolleyes:

I think most of the members including myself would leave this forum if it introduced heavy moderation, pre approved posting, censorship and curtailment of free expression or discussion.

Edited by Watchman

Holy Coitus!!

You guys are clamping down on people LOLing now!?!??!

Machang you might want to change your AutoLanka account password, cos someone seems to have hacked into it and typed the following. Based on the above quoted post, it certainly couldn't have been you who typed the below quoted post :rolleyes:

Amen sister!...This is an absoloute disgrace!A blatant abuse of newly aquired power!Our forefathers have enjoyed the right to LOL freely for centuries.The Don is going mad with power I tell you.I refuse to be a member of a forum moderated by such a maniac.