• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is The Vehicle Market Crashing In Sri Lanka?

MoneyMaker

according to the today newspapers Unit#d Mot#rs is going to offer the MONTERO for the 25000+5000 permit. and if that is going to happen the prices of all SUVs might go down

and that's news? there were ads in the paper two or three months back offering Montero by United and Prado by TL for the same permit

I wonder what the politikkas are gonna feel like buying when civil servants also drive montys and prados

Members,

AS NZer think on his post every one will be wailing for budget I too agree with him. .Any one who has black money will buy this high end vehicles.

I know personally some people buy most expensive vehicles and never register in their personal names because they cannot declare how they earned that money.

There was a friend of mine register vehicles in my name use them for year or so, sold and go for another vehicle this was going on till he migrated to Canada. He did imports of vehicles few years ago found the vehicle market was stagnated and cannot make that much of money and sell easily also have to waste for some months to recover his profit. Left the country.

Almost all people who have undeclared monies. Illicit dealers will go and buy BMW and Montero Prado because there are plenty of permits are available for sale.They too will not have a problem because 1st registration is the permit holder and they will not face any I T problems.

I had chat with a big time importer for 20 years ore more he says he will never sell his stocks under cost, will stick on to his price not only that all what he has earned from vehicle imports can stick on to his price.He is engaged in financing vehicles also.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Thank you,

Not sure whats the benifit for you is by denying the fact..

The prices of most vehicles have dropeed drastically..

Elakiri machang!! you're right.. these fools dont understand...

I also predicted that the market might go up or that it might go down. Aand that if neither happens it will stay the same. But no-one listened to me also :(

• Like 6

Members,

New used vehicle importers import few vehicles, they find difficult to sell them. Then they give below cost

There are very few big time importers of used Japanese vehicles. One importer used to import always 10% more then the sale of previous month.

His highest was 300 units +OR- for a month he has number of sales outlets around S L. From down south to central province.

For this year last 5 months his imports of used vehicle were only 100 units. Now they are concentrating import of permit Vehicles, to permit holders.

Almost all Vehicle importers had switch on to permit vehicles. they do buy permits maximum to 1.1 Million. Import them self having a profit of few lacks.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Elakiri machang!! you're right.. these fools dont understand...

I also predicted that the market might go up or that it might go down. Aand that if neither happens it will stay the same. But no-one listened to me also :(

I think he is refereeing to the vehicle market coming down for Jap vehicles (Unregistered & New). This is mainly due to yen coming down about .40 cents. Not due to demand has gone down in SL.

So can you predict what will happen next.

I consulted Manthracharya Shasthrawalli who advertises in the papers for a prediction and he told me that people will be queing up outside dealerships to buy cars, the RMV will be like a dansala with long ques outside with waiting people to get their new vehicles registered and finally all the roads will become grid locked with all those cars on the road. :action-smiley-012:

Edited by CJ5

We have three classes of citizens in Sri Lanka Today.

1st class citizen - Allowed to purchase a vehicle Totally Duty free.

2nd class citizen - Allowed to purchase a vehicle with reduced duty

3rd class citizen - Available to purchase only after paying Maximum duty.

Spot On.. Very True

Point 3 Class is the one which gets ripped off as well..

1st and 2nd class(majority) under the personal patronage of PBJ (60+ in age, since Sri Lanka have no qualified persons) and forigne money earned by Sri Lankans abroad & 3rd class (least portion nowadays) normal tax payers !.