• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Estilo Or Indian Swift Or Passo

tinyman

Question

Dear All,

I'm looking to buy my 1st car with a very limited budget of 2mn. As I read the forum and classified in AL, I understood that followings will come within my budget.

Estilo - YOM 2010

Indian Swift - YOM 2007/08

Passo - YOM 2004/05

Since I will be going for part leasing, I won't be able to consider vehicles older than 10 years.

Kindly advise on the above.

but it has a 660cc engine right, i heard those lacks in pulling power and bad on fuel in full load, isn't it

The Jap Alto is an excellent car to run in the city. Build quality is much much better than it's Indian counterpart and the Vivas and returns 14kmpl in th traffic with the A/C. Pulling power is alright for the 660 no issues when overtaking, except that one canot expect 1500cc pulling power from a 660.

Edited by Magnum357

Yup. Plus, I know that you haven't, therefore your opinions are as useless as always.

i am sure you never used micro. if u have used micro you never tell your friends to buy it.

i am using my brother's Trend. i will never recommend any one to use micro

Edited by Nilantha

Yup. Plus, I know that you haven't, therefore your opinions are as useless as always.

Why do AL moderators talk to members like this? I'm baffled. Members are people who are likely at some stage to be using AL paid services. Members are people who are capable of encouraging others to use paid AL services. We have just had a whole thread on the ethics of posting here on AL...has it got us anywhere? Look at the myriad members who have drifted away and dropped out of AL over recent years to the likely detriment of AL's commercial potential. Just a few things to ponder......

Why do AL moderators talk to members like this? I'm baffled. Members are people who are likely at some stage to be using AL paid services. Members are people who are capable of encouraging others to use paid AL services. We have just had a whole thread on the ethics of posting here on AL...has it got us anywhere? Look at the myriad members who have drifted away and dropped out of AL over recent years to the likely detriment of AL's commercial potential. Just a few things to ponder......

it is their education level.

The Jap Alto is an excellent car to run in the city. Build quality is much much better than it's Indian counterpart and the Vivas and returns 14kmpl in th traffic with the A/C. Pulling power is alright for the 660 no issues when overtaking, except that one canot expect 1500cc pulling power from a 660.

Hi, I checked for some Altos HA24S's. those are also within my budget,

What is the tyre size of Alto, It looks too small compared to other counterparts, by the way any idea on the ground clearance as well tks

What is the tyre size of Alto, It looks too small compared to other counterparts, by the way any idea on the ground clearance as well tks

BTW weren't u looking for a number of cars in the past (including Kelisas as I remember). With your budget you really can't have all teh features u need. So, short list a few and choose one, keeping in mind that there will always be disadvantages. Also keep at least 50k for any potential repairs even if the car looks brand new. I've seen too many folks who spent all they had on buying the car and kept it in garage for months and months without running because they were penniless.

Edited by Crosswind

If you've been around AL as long as we have and had to deal with the opinions of certain members such as Nilantha, who persist in spreading their uninformed opinions as the Gospel, and Mislead lots of newbies because they sound like they know what they are talking about, then you will understand precisely why.

Members drop out of forums all the time, but a significant number drop off because of individuals like Nilantha who talk out of their Rectal openings with a very narrow mindset and try to influence others to do the same. A large number of members dislike this kind of attitude and didn't like it proliferating on AL.

If you take the trouble to get off your high horse and go check up on Nilanthas posting history, you'll find that as far as he is concerned, everybody should be driving Corolla 110s, full stop. Or Townaces, full stop. Or if they REALLY can't afford to stretch to the prices that such things command (because of the attitudes of people like him) then MAAYBE they should slum it in a Maruti. But any other brand? oh no, no way! This is the bloke who told people not to buy Nissans at one time!

Therefore, anyone whose been around here enough to recall will know exactly why opinions of Nilantha and the like are considered useless.

Edited by Supra_Natural

BTW weren't u looking for a number of cars in the past (including Kelisas as I remember). With your budget you really can't have all teh features u need. So, short list a few and choose one, keeping in mind that there will always be disadvantages. Also keep at least 50k for any potential repairs even if the car looks brand new. I've seen too many folks who spent all they had on buying the car and kept it in garage for months and months without running because they were penniless.

Yes, I was looking for a kelisa, I had a budget of 1.5mn max at that time and I didn't buy a car at that time due to the very high rates quoted by the leasing companies. but with the increments I got recently now in a better position financially. Your 2nd point is really valid and I do keep it in mind for sure..

Edited by tinyman

Sorry, but can you name any of the regular members that "drifted away" just because someone didnt sweet talk to them and stick a pacifier in their mouth?

And buddy, those who want to advertise on AL will do so. They arent doing AL a favour by paying for an advert to sell their car. They do that to benefit themselves.

Edited by Watchman

Stock size is 135x80x12 but it is designed to take in 155x70x12. The 135s do look very skinny on he original steel rims, but with a set of 4" or 4.5" alloys with the 155s it looks and handles better. Ground clearence is alright, no issues with grounding. I reckon it would be having around 150mm.

Edited by Magnum357

i am sure you never used micro. if u have used micro you never tell your friends to buy it.

i am using my brother's Trend. i will never recommend any one to use micro

Well this explains a lot about you'r attitude about Micros.

to be fair the Trend was a shitty car that could be closely compaired

Well i'll ask you a thing

Pininferina designed the Enzo and what else the haife lobo (aka Micro trend) does those look similar to you.