• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion240 Engine Tuneup

Honda Hybrid

Helloo there guys

My car does about 7-8km per ltr in city driving and i feel i just need a engine tuneup,some times when shift to R gives a little vibration as well,and i found from the previous owner that this car has not done a engine tuneup for ages, so considering all the facts thought to go for a engine tuneup soon, i am looking for a good genuine place to tuneup my car in Kandy. is there anyone in kandy you could recommend for a genuine job.

Thanks in Advance

7-8 kmpl is pretty normal for an allion, especially if you are in Kandy (hideous traffic and hilly terrain). I hope u didn't buy the car recently, thinking it will do 12-13

If there's a vibration on shifting to R, first thing you ought to do is to change the transmission fluid.

7-8 kmpl is pretty normal for an allion, especially if you are in Kandy (hideous traffic and hilly terrain). I hope u didn't buy the car recently, thinking it will do 12-13

If there's a vibration on shifting to R, first thing you ought to do is to change the transmission fluid.

and check whether its CVT or a normal automatic

Helloo there guys

My car does about 7-8km per ltr in city driving and i feel i just need a engine tuneup,some times when shift to R gives a little vibration as well,and i found from the previous owner that this car has not done a engine tuneup for ages, so considering all the facts thought to go for a engine tuneup soon, i am looking for a good genuine place to tuneup my car in Kandy. is there anyone in kandy you could recommend for a genuine job.

Thanks in Advance

check your pm dude. :)

Hi Crosswind, thanks for the heads up mate,bought it 3 months ago,service records indicate that transmission fluid done less than 15k to date.

Helloo there guys

Thanks in Advance

Vibration comes when you accelerating from a full stop too..? and when you start to climb up a hill too..?

• Like 1

If you shift to D or R and stay on the brake, a little bit of vibration is normal.

If the vibration is heavy enough to feel uncomfortable, then its most likely the engine mounts.

If there is an RPM fluctuation (check the RPM meter) when the car is on idle, it might be an indication of some other problem that may or may not be solved by an engine tune-up. Let us know how the RPM meter behaves and also let us know what happens when the A/C is on or off.

IN any case, what I feel is u got a basic problem which any decent mechanic should be able to figure out.

If you shift to D or R and stay on the brake, a little bit of vibration is normal.

If the vibration is heavy enough to feel uncomfortable, then its most likely the engine mounts.

If there is an RPM fluctuation (check the RPM meter) when the car is on idle, it might be an indication of some other problem that may or may not be solved by an engine tune-up. Let us know how the RPM meter behaves and also let us know what happens when the A/C is on or off.

IN any case, what I feel is u got a basic problem which any decent mechanic should be able to figure out.

Crooswind

first of all apology for late reply,coz i was really busy past few days,lets get to the topic now.

as you said it is not a terrible vibration but one could here the noise of the vibration,but when the AC turned off the vibration Disappear quickly,

RPM indicate 650-700 when idling,no big fluctuation i think the RPM runs smooth and normal,