• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer A70 Suspension Design

GTAm

Does anyone know the exact design of the front and rear suspension on this model the so called L-Light Lancer? I believe the later facelifted versions shared the same underpinnings? I'm sure "The Don" can enlighten me.....

Does anyone know the exact design of the front and rear suspension on this model the so called L-Light Lancer? I believe the later facelifted versions shared the same underpinnings? I'm sure "The Don" can enlighten me.....

Sadly I am not familiar with this model owing to never having owned one. The only car I've had from this generation is an old KE20. But I think the A70 first came with L lights and then got rectangular ones in a facelift. But there are a few members who actually own this car and I'll let them comment (in fact I'll ping them a message).

Have you managed to get your hands on a famed 1600 GSR by any chance?

Sadly I am not familiar with this model owing to never having owned one. The only car I've had from this generation is an old KE20. But I think the A70 first came with L lights and then got rectangular ones in a facelift. But there are a few members who actually own this car and I'll let them comment (in fact I'll ping them a message).

Have you managed to get your hands on a famed 1600 GSR by any chance?

Hi Don no I'm not looking to buy one. Just require the info for some research for a magazine article. And I'm not too familiar with these models.

GTAm: Machang you can check with these guys http://www.1stgenlancer.co.nr/ they know inside out about these cars. Or you could chat up with this guy http://www.facebook.com/dog283 he is currently doing up a 1st gen Lancer with some mods he will help you out.

On a side note yes the Lancer (I had the tube light) had a rigid axle at the rear with leaf springs and shocks cant remember much after that cos I gave away mine about 3 years back.

I'm not sure how I missed this thread. GTAm, Hope I'm not too late.

I should recall the fact that all the variants of this model are rear wheel driven, hence the rear axel is rigid as already highlighted by others. The suspension setup is pretty basic with the front being independent strut type while having asymmetrical, semi-elliptical leaf springs at the back.

As for steering, I am not aware of any of the variants having power steering, it was just a good old variable ratio steering box with recirculating ball and nut.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your article! :)

I'm not sure how I missed this thread. GTAm, Hope I'm not too late.

I should recall the fact that all the variants of this model are rear wheel driven, hence the rear axel is rigid as already highlighted by others. The suspension setup is pretty basic with the front being independent strut type while having asymmetrical, semi-elliptical leaf springs at the back.

As for steering, I am not aware of any of the variants having power steering, it was just a good old variable ratio steering box with recirculating ball and nut.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your article! :)

+1 .. :prankster2:

Edited by LancerL