• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Starting Problem

Nimz77

my problem is ..

*.When we start car in the morning ...on first ignition car will start.

*but after when we travel.(5k,,,10km or more) and after we stop car.(park)..(after 30min).but when i start again car wont start on first ignition,need to try two or three time then car will start.

*.but when i try car start(ignition) with little acceleration car will start .

Mazda bg car ..1500cc ,DOHC...yom 1992...

please advise where do i need to check.?

fuel pressure is ok..

plugs is ok.

O2 sensor is ok

ECU is ok.

Edited by Nimz77

im new to cars...could you please explain more about this...can continue car with above problem...or sooner... do i need to replace it??

No nimz77 don't start replacing things...first do a diagnosis and ecu scan for error codes...distributor heating up can cause this problem mainly..replace only when you found the error..do a throttle body clean up first and see...check the battery voltage,alternator condition,and starter motor condition..but when i try car start(ignition) with little acceleration car will start,this check your fuel system for a clogged fuel filter too.

Edited by GayanR
  • Like 1

No nimz77 don't start replacing things...first do a diagnosis and ecu scan for error codes...distributor heating up can cause this problem mainly..replace only when you found the error..do a throttle body clean up first and see...check the battery voltage,alternator condition,and starter motor condition..but when i try car start(ignition) with little acceleration car will start,this check your fuel system for a clogged fuel filter too.

woow..thanks....lot...do you know any place i can get diagnosis?

my is car is old...1992 yom efi..dohc..efi

i did scan at macrotech and nalaka both but no errors..

just to tell you...six month ago i went to nalaka(union place) to tuneup engine...on that time they have remove throttle body and some did cleaning....(Before tuneup no starting issue).may be that's the reason for above problem...

just to tell you...six month ago i went to nalaka(union place) to tuneup engine...on that time they have remove throttle body and some did cleaning....(Before tuneup no starting issue).may be that's the reason for above problem...

could you please let me know good place for check my mazda bg5s.please....

just to tell you...six month ago i went to nalaka(union place) to tuneup engine...on that time they have remove throttle body and some did cleaning....(Before tuneup no starting issue).may be that's the reason for above problem..

could you please let me know good place for check my mazda bg5s.please....

nimz It's hard to say that because of that this happens...bdw if you are sure about that, they may have clogged some sensor during the cleaning process..or may be a hidden error came out because now the car in it's full potential after tune up.You can do the diagnosis at A*W i hope they do mazda as well..for like 2000rs...i had a 1996 one :) pretty good cars..hope it's not the distributor..it's bit hard to find...in your case most probably you need to do a proper throttle body clean up again and see....

my problem is ..

*.When we start car in the morning ...on first ignition car will start.

*but after when we travel.(5k,,,10km or more) and after we stop car.(park)..(after 30min).but when i start again car wont start on first ignition,need to try two or three time then car will start.

*.but when i try car start(ignition) with little acceleration car will start .

Mazda bg car ..1500cc ,DOHC...yom 1992...

please advise where do i need to check.?

fuel pressure is ok..

plugs is ok.

O2 sensor is ok

ECU is ok.

Same problem on my fathers 1999 nissan wingroad . we did the tunup at L*l Al*watta motors.

Edited by THPower

Did you get the Idle Control Valve checked? Was the throttle idle screw adjusted by someone at any time as a solution to this? Also you need to check all the vacuum lines connected to the throttle body for leaks, cracks etc and the PCV valve too.

Hi Nimz77

I would check the fuel pump pressure, first on cold start and then after it's warm. It could be its on it's way out. Many modern garages should have gauges to do so.

Also I take it water temp is behaving normal??

To simply things, there is a component (or a few) in your car which works well when cold, but malfunctions when hot. Therfore anything you check should be done both when cold and when hot.

As you are not expereincing any issues when engine is hot but running, and only have an issue when starting hot, it is reasonable to assume that the culprit component is something predominantly involved in starting the engine.

Think along those lines and you or your mechanic (assume you are not one) will be able to narrow down on the problem. Don't start changing and adjusting things in trial and error, rather investigate the problem following a process of elimination and you will be able to pinpoint where the fault is.

Edited by HardHat

To simply things, there is a component (or a few) in your car which works well when cold, but malfunctions when hot. Therfore anything you check should be done both when cold and when hot.

As you are not expereincing any issues when engine is hot but running, and only have an issue when starting hot, it is reasonable to assume that the culprit component is something predominantly involved in starting the engine.

Think along those lines and you or your mechanic (assume you are not one) will be able to narrow down on the problem. Don't start changing and adjusting things in trial and error, rather investigate the problem following a process of elimination and you will be able to pinpoint where the fault is.

do you know any good place...i can get check my car?

Did you get the Idle Control Valve checked? Was the throttle idle screw adjusted by someone at any time as a solution to this? Also you need to check all the vacuum lines connected to the throttle body for leaks, cracks etc and the PCV valve too.

yes..he did adjusted screw.please advise good place to get check my car.

Please let me know good place to check..

Nimz77, got fixed? what was the fault?

please update.

Still no..looking for good place...but now another problem...when we start car...i need to do acceleration 1500rpm or 2000rpm...to get idle...other wise engine get off...also when i on ac....same problem...idle will get down....500rpm...400rpm...some time engine get off...

im assuming issue come from IAC or vacuum leaks....no idea......need to find better place...if you know good place ..please let me know...

try Ma*na motors pepiliyana, expensive but i think they have good reputation about this kind of troubleshooting.

i know that some members have bad experience about their charges. please wait until other members comment about this place.

try Ma*na motors pepiliyana, expensive but i think they have good reputation about this kind of troubleshooting.

i know that some members have bad experience about their charges. please wait until other members comment about this place.

thanks....what about new mazda agents?i need good place...get fix..proper.way..

;(

• 3 weeks later...

Ha Ha History Repeats ... :action-smiley-012:

I've started this topic, and replied the same topic started someone else, then again this topic. :rolleyes:

My Topic

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/11926-hard-to-start/

Topic started by "TechHater"

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/14305-terios-starting-delay/

No clear solution for this problem found yet in my tired researches.

But 1 starting point would be service the Distributor. Other all steps normally fail...