• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help Driving Licence Misplaced

carbuddy

Hi All,

My father some how misplaced his licence and we went to RMV with police report and licence number to get a new licence (issued on 1979). But in the records of RMV they can find only Morto Bike related record. Because my father initially got Morto Bike and then later upgraded to Dual Purpose. He cant remember the these specific dates.

Now they are asking to apply for a new one where it will take 3 months to get a new one so he cant drive within this 3 month.

Please any help.

Oh God! Does this mean if they do not have records we should get a new license under NEW rules? I am sure your father's old license was a non-renewable one issued under provisions of the old Act. Are they (RMV) doing it deliberately so that everyone who misplace their old licenses are given a new license coming under current rules. This is my worst fear when I come to think of the consequences of misplacing my DL. My DL was upgraded to Class A later having got it first for motorcycles. Someone else who has gone through the same experience pl comment!

Edited by Rumesh88