• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For A Lancer Rear Light

dingy

I got my Tube Light Lancer RHS tail light made by one of the pavement chaps @ Panchikawatte. He cut the appropriate coloured plastic to size, heated it and bent it to shape. The job was fairly OK.

how much did he charge??

Edited by dingy

I got my Tube Light Lancer RHS tail light made by one of the pavement chaps @ Panchikawatte. He cut the appropriate coloured plastic to size, heated it and bent it to shape. The job was fairly OK.

Interesting... Care to share a photo please?

My taillight only the amber coloured piece broke and it cost me Rs. 650, including the cost of labour for the man who got it done at Panchikawatte. If you go personally you may be able to get it cheaper. I have seen a complete tail light of a Honda Civic being made by one of these chaps. My camera battery is down. Once it is charged I will upload a pic.

Local fabricated ones are better than after market Taiwan light covers as they don't fade under the sun. (Taiwan ones fade faster)

There was a fellow in Piliyandala, dole- kanatta road ( off 255 route ) named Ashley and he did a similar superb job on my tube light lancer back in 2001 or so. Don't know whether he's still there or not. Will give it shot to see whether he's still there.

All in all fabrication is not bad as long as you get it done through the right place.

Local fabricated ones are better than after market Taiwan light covers as they don't fade under the sun. (Taiwan ones fade faster)

I have to agree. The tail lights that were fitted onto my Lancer A72 wagon were also locally made ones. They were pretty clean, and held up for a long time (about 8 years or so) without starting to fade.

The RHS amber lens on my original assembly was also fabricated, but the amber lens used was of a poor quality and it faded within a year. I lacquered the aftermarket lenses to delay UV fading so let's hope it works! Of course, if you wet-sand the lens and polish it at the first sign of fading it won't look as 'white' as it usually does.

You can also try E-bay for the tail light. Sometime back I saw these being available in US. A good number of these cars were sold in the US as Chrysler and Plymouth Colt, Lancer, etc. Those cars were fitted with a 1600 cc engine.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LJG" data-cid="231885" data-time="1359709999"><p>

You can also try E-bay for the tail light. Sometime back I saw these being available in US. A good number of these cars were sold in the US as Chrysler and Plymouth Colt, Lancer, etc. Those cars were fitted with a 1600 cc engine.</p></blockquote>

That's a slightly different variant than the tubelight model. Its similar to the I light and L light models in SL.