• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corona 1600 - 1970's !

Ayad Zubair

Hi Guys !!

I came across an old Toyota Corona 1600cc ( YOM 1970's) the car is in good state.

am planing to buy it and keep it in its original state.

post-47942-0-91368600-1363837717_thumb.j

post-47942-0-45647700-1363837732_thumb.j

The purpose of buying this, i always liked to have one of these old model cars and maintain it and use it occasionally since i already have another car ( Vw Golf GTI -YOM 2000) .

now my concern is about spares parts for future repairs ?

Experts i need your Suggestion.

Thanks & Regards

Ayad

Edited by Ayad Zubair

One word- AWESOME! Please post photos of this when you've got the time.

As for the parts; I'm unsure but I'm pretty sure you can get some parts locally. If not, you can always import parts from Australia/USA as these cars are still popular there.

Best of luck!

One word- AWESOME! Please post photos of this when you've got the time.

As for the parts; I'm unsure but I'm pretty sure you can get some parts locally. If not, you can always import parts from Australia/USA as these cars are still popular there.

Best of luck!

Thanks Jaliya i will post them as soon as i get it :smilie_liebe9:

Wow...that is a nice find ! Congrads ! Is it in running condition ? The 1600cc came in a GT Hardtop as well....it would be like bumping in to an accidental gold mine if you found one of these. I saw a white 4-door sedan at a garage in Malabe and apparently the guy owned it was dead set on NOT selling it :(

Anyway...since you have a 1600cc engine I guess you are talking about a RT50 series (RT50 was kind of the revised version of the RT40 so they were both the same) ? which was the last few runoffs of that production model which got replaced by the RT70 in mid 1970. So by your sample pics what you have is a Corona fromthe late 60s...not 70s...just that you unit might have been the last few to be produced in 1970...

Okay....now...the hard reality. As Jaliya said the car is popular so some parts exist as long as you are not looking for something major like a crank shaft or fly wheel. 1600cc came with 4R/5R/9R series engines which pretty much faded out of production for Toyota in the 70s.

I am not sure but I heard that the smaller engines have the advantage that some parts are swappable with certain engine types that came with the Corolla until the late 70s with some creativity. Over in Japan I know a company who re-fabricates parts, but they are pretty damn expensive.

Either way, it is a nice little puppy :D...

Edited by iRage

Nice! Oh very very nice! Good luck "running it like it is" mate. That's how I started out.

These are not just nuts and bolts. They're living breathing works of art. Once you inevitably fall so helplessly in love with it, you'll realise what I mean.

Fan-f*cking-tastic!

Upload bigger pics. Use an image host like image shack.us