• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Cd200

pontiac_gto

Question

Hi All, Need some advices about Honda CD200 bike. I'm going to buy one. It's brand new imported by government for CTB. YOM 1982, 82 sri, first owner and original registration.

The current owner bought the bike from government auction and need to do some body works, paint job, engine repair and need to replace mud guards and silancers (Taiwan). After doing these things he asks me Rs 1.75 Laks for the bike. I need to know is that the bike is worth for 1.75laks?? please advice

Thanks

7 answers to this question

CD 200 s are nice bikes. My father had brand new red color road master bought for 16000 RS back in the days.
regarding your question , if you have repaired the bike to top notch number wont matter. those are trusty good machines. I do still have 95 sri CM 125, 26 yrs old now. engine overhauled and repaired still runs like a new one.

ask the price with out the repair and do it you self. that's what i would do if i'm gonna buy the bike. because he's gonna sell it so most probably he wont attend to the details.

parts are available. cd 125, 185 Bentley share most of the parts. in my knowledge to do all repairs using genuine parts is the key. specially the engine. for 1.75 lacks you would get engine repair using taiwan parts. :D

get the bike as it is and do it your self. that would be nice if you wanna keep it :)

Hi All, Need some advices about Honda CD200 bike. I'm going to buy one. It's brand new imported by government for CTB. YOM 1982, 82 sri, first owner and original registration.

The current owner bought the bike from government auction and need to do some body works, paint job, engine repair and need to replace mud guards and silancers (Taiwan). After doing these things he asks me Rs 1.75 Laks for the bike. I need to know is that the bike is worth for 1.75laks?? please advice

Thanks

You mean he does the repair for you and quotes that price?? If so how do you gurantee the quality of repair it self? I mean the bugger trying to sell the bike and do you really believe that he would put 100% in to the repair?

I did searched for a CB125 couple of moths ago and saw few ads quoting around 150K - 175K for bikes made after 1998. The bike you are interested is over 30 years old. I really dont know the market price of a CD200 and if i were you, i'd seriously consider my options before going in to this kinda deal.

You mean he does the repair for you and quotes that price?? If so how do you gurantee the quality of repair it self? I mean the bugger trying to sell the bike and do you really believe that he would put 100% in to the repair?

I did searched for a CB125 couple of moths ago and saw few ads quoting around 150K - 175K for bikes made after 1998. The bike you are interested is over 30 years old. I really dont know the market price of a CD200 and if i were you, i'd seriously consider my options before going in to this kinda deal.

we cant compare CB125 and CD200. when considering marklet value of CB125 and CD200 its totally different.

The mechanic is one of my relations and I can trust him. So no deal of that side.

we cant compare CB125 and CD200. when considering marklet value of CB125 and CD200 its totally different.

The mechanic is one of my relations and I can trust him. So no deal of that side.

I merely gave that example considering that the both bikes are Japs and are from Honda. So my first thought was, why would someone wanna spend 175K for a 30year old bike which is being repaired by an unknon party.

As mentioned earlier, i really dont know the market price of a CD200 and if a good one goes around 300K as Crosswind mentioned, and the the guy who does the restorartion is a trustworthy fellow, then the quoting price seems reasonable.

Just my 2 cents..

Best of luck..

Cheers!!

I merely gave that example considering that the both bikes are Japs and are from Honda. So my first thought was, why would someone wanna spend 175K for a 30year old bike which is being repaired by an unknon party.

As mentioned earlier, i really dont know the market price of a CD200 and if a good one goes around 300K as Crosswind mentioned, and the the guy who does the restorartion is a trustworthy fellow, then the quoting price seems reasonable.

Just my 2 cents..

Best of luck..

Cheers!!

thanks bro