• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Headlights

Paul otieno

Question

8 answers to this question

Old headlight wiring or old bulbs can be a cause too... Go to an electrician and ask him to check the headlight wires and bulbs.. Over time the headlights get dimmer because of old wiring.. I replaced the headlight wires in my EK3 and afterwards it was much brighter.. If you have to replace bulbs better go for a good brand like Philips, GE, Bosch, Hella or Osram..

Edited by YRD

first step: using a multitester , measure the no load (remove the bulb) voltage , then measure the voltage with load (with the bulb). if the current path has high resistance you can easily find that comparing two readings.

okay the reason i asked for the picture of a headlight is

the corona premio headlights has a glass cover

and unlike other cars which turn yellow. the glass turns black. like a tint. after some time

if the glass is has turn dark. u need to clean the headlights and it will solve your problem

eg -

Before

p1iu8Hz.jpg

After

Z3LWWgn.jpg

• Like 1

Help with my toyota premio AT211 HEADLIGHTS ARE TOO DIM EVEN IN FULL LIGHTS

Paul otieno,

Post #5 by MV-5 Had given correct way to check if there is a voltage drop on your wiring.

Check your battery earth, head light earth. Connect a direct earth to head lights, from the battery on your head lights and check.

Few members have requested some details.

Give some more details of your head light, wiring condition and the wattage of bulbs you have on them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Help with my toyota premio AT211 HEADLIGHTS ARE TOO DIM EVEN IN FULL LIGHTS

Try carbide head lights!

Try carbide head lights!

CJ5,

Please do not misunderstand my reply post. You are requesting to go back to age old history of Lighting.

Carbide is used only for welding these days.Also high temperature heating.

I remember my late father used to tell me that in 1920s some vehicles had carbide lamps.

He had first illuminated the chariot of our lady Bambalapitiya St Mary's church at Lauries road in 1925 with carbide flame jets for the night procession.

Until few years back only incandescent 12 volts 5 watt bulbs were used.Today LED has taken that illuminating.of the the chariot.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.