• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Rexton 270 Xdi

vigorcomp

Question

Guys,

im looking into buying a 2007 Rexton from a tender. This vehicle has a engine issue, might be just the 5 injectors or the entire engine not sure though. Vehicle doesnt start at all. Can anybody recommend a garage to repair this or shall i just drop the idea of buying this? I do not want to goto the agent for repairs. Thanks guys.

5 answers to this question

Guys,

im looking into buying a 2007 Rexton from a tender. This vehicle has a engine issue, might be just the 5 injectors or the entire engine not sure though. Vehicle doesnt start at all. Can anybody recommend a garage to repair this or shall i just drop the idea of buying this? I do not want to goto the agent for repairs. Thanks guys.

INMO repairing new vehicles isn't an easy job, cuz unlike the old ones the new ones have loas of electronic items, so our normal mechanics will have no idea about them and probably the agents will charge loads of money

• Like 1

Guys,

Common rail diesel engines are a different kettle of fish. Personally the vehicle would not be tendered off this new unless the issue could not be rectified economically. So if you are getting it at a bargain price perhaps its worse the risk but I would at least keep 500K in hand to resolve potential problems and that is a minimum. There major issues could relate to injectors (which can be quite expensive), fuel pump, swirl flaps, various sensors and electronics or wear and tear (engine rebuild).

Considering the fact that you don't even know where you are going to get it repaired, I'd say stay away. Unless you know what you are in for, you may end up paying up more than what one in good condition would cost you. Parts and repair bills can get pretty steep if you don't know what you are doing.

• Like 1