• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Nissan X-Trail

dinesh_gd2003

Guys,

I am thinking of purchasing a Nissan X-trail 2001 model Automatic (NT30 i believe)

What are your thoughts of this vehicle in terms of the following:

• Fuel consumption (I am planning to use if for daily office travel, plus regular trips outstation)
  • General faults of the vehicle (Common known issues)
  • Availability of spare parts
  • Price of spare parts

please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Dinesh

Guys,

I am thinking of purchasing a Nissan X-trail 2001 model Automatic (NT30 i believe)

• Fuel consumption (I am planning to use if for daily office travel, plus regular trips outstation)
  • Price of spare parts

Dinesh

Economical depends on what you expect

If you expect 2,2CRDi or at least 1.5VVTi economy you aren't going to be pleased.

The normal 2000cc will do 5-7 in town and 7-9 out station depending on how you drive.

For faults just keep in mind that you'r buying a 12year old car so faults will be there so save some green at least Rs.100 000 to fix them.

Availability of spares is good and the price is reasonable even at the company.

As it's you'r daily runner if it is going to exceed 2000km per month it will be wiser to have a diesel Tucson 2007.

and if that's you'r budget if you lease 1mill for the difference the fuel saving will pay the lease and in the end you will end up with a newer car which needs less repairs.

Edited by Clark's son
  • Like 1

Sorry for going bit off topic as this is about X-Trail i'll ask here, has anyone tried the new diesel X-trail that's up for permit?

Nissan X-trail permit price is 6.4 M. I saw on #####.

If you expect 2,2CRDi or at least 1.5VVTi economy you aren't going to be pleased.

The normal 2000cc will do 5-7 in town and 7-9 out station depending on how you drive.

For faults just keep in mind that you'r buying a 12year old car so faults will be there so save some green at least Rs.100 000 to fix them.

As it's you'r daily runner if it is going to exceed 2000km per month it will be wiser to have a diesel Tucson 2007.

and if that's you'r budget if you lease 1mill for the difference the fuel saving will pay the lease and in the end you will end up with a newer car which needs less repairs.

Hi, Thanks for your insight. my budget is around 2.8-3 mil (Max), i considered a tucson (2002 - 2003), but my mechanic advised against it.

the only thing which has me worried with the x-trail is the fuel consumption, since i want to use it as a daily runner. Any idea about the manual version of it in terms of fuel consumption?

I am hoping to get a well maintained one, and i will take my time looking for one. Already had a look at two, and i was not happy with their condition.

Here are a few other options which i am considering. Please share your thoughts

Kia Sorento 2004 model

Hyundai Santa Fe 2002-2004 models

Hyundai Tucson 2001-2003 models

Mazda tribute - 2001 model

I suggest you stay away from the above, you will not get a well-cared one on your budget.

Besides on the above vintage Korean built quality and reliability was not as good as now and since the models are not that common you might have issues sourcing parts locally.

Why not include Honda CRV and Suzuki Vitara and go for a Jap.

I suggest you stay away from the above, you will not get a well-cared one on your budget.

Besides on the above vintage Korean built quality and reliability was not as good as now and since the models are not that common you might have issues sourcing parts locally.

Why not include Honda CRV and Suzuki Vitara and go for a Jap.

Hi what can you tell me about the CRV in terms of fuel, parts etc.. had a look at a few including the RD5, seems like a decent choice for me.

Most of the 2L+ Petrol SUVs (Jeeps), will do around that figure only,

If the seller is trying to tell you higher figures he is just not telling the truth.

If you can't streach you'r budget to a diesel and need economy best thing is to go for a car,

If ground clearance is an issue go for a Terios/ Cami if you are not unhappy with an old motor go for a Palathsaba pajero, Isuzu bighorn etc..

Any idea, if the manual version does any better in terms of fuel? at least 8?

Most of the 2L+ Petrol SUVs (Jeeps), will do around that figure only,

If the seller is trying to tell you higher figures he is just not telling the truth.

If you can't streach you'r budget to a diesel and need economy best thing is to go for a car,

If ground clearance is an issue go for a Terios/ Cami if you are not unhappy with an old motor go for a Palathsaba pajero, Isuzu bighorn etc..

heard they are also bit thirsty on fuel :speechless-smiley-019:

Hmmm all in all, i guess this is a choice, i don't want to go for a diesel which is too old, and i don't have a budget beyond 3mil. so i think i am still going to go ahead with the X-trail, its a decent SUV which i can afford. Maybe i will consider going for a manual, since i am sure it does at least 7kmpl if you keep going at minimum revs..

. Maybe i will consider going for a manual, since i am sure it does at least 7kmpl if you keep going at minimum revs..

If you drive in Colombo and find yourself on the traffic congested roads in the morning rush and evening rush, doing stops and goes, clutching and de-clutching, 5 days a week, you will soon regret your decesion of going for a manual :speechless-smiley-004:

Best of luck and happy driving!!!

If you drive in Colombo and find yourself on the traffic congested roads in the morning rush and evening rush, doing stops and goes, clutching and de-clutching, 5 days a week, you will soon regret your decesion of going for a manual :speechless-smiley-004:

Well when you put it like that... :sad-smiley-058: but i get your point.. hmmm decisions decisions..

• Like 1

atleast you people dont have to stop and de-clutch on hills like in kandy, we have freaking pedestrian crossing on hills! :sport-smiley-005::sport-smiley-005::sport-smiley-005:

• Like 1

Hmmm all in all, i guess this is a choice, i don't want to go for a diesel which is too old, and i don't have a budget beyond 3mil. so i think i am still going to go ahead with the X-trail, its a decent SUV which i can afford. Maybe i will consider going for a manual, since i am sure it does at least 7kmpl if you keep going at minimum revs..

yes go for the manual it will do 7kmpl,

What i had was the model worst in economy the GT so the normal manual one would do 7kmpl

and the clutch is completely second nature when you are used to it,

There's a good fuel economy difference between auto and manual if you drive carefully.

And the X-Trails clutch is not as nearly as hard as of a Willy's jeep

So go ahead go for a manual one.

Edited by Clark's son

If you are really worried of fuel cost like this you probably will regret to realise that maintaining a SUV is not easy as a car. Speacially an old one.

• Like 1

Guys,

• Price of spare parts

Dinesh

are you going for the 4WD version?

If you are really worried of fuel cost like this you probably will regret to realise that maintaining a SUV is not easy as a car. Speacially an old one.

The reason i am a bit concerned about fuel is because the vehicle will be a daily runner. But i have been fairly warned by everyone about the high maintenance costs., best bet would be for me to get a well maintained vehicle..