• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Chaly

fiat fan

Hi. I am thinking of buying a Chaly. Is there any sale or something that I could get one? I checked the papers and websites... but I did nt find a single good bike.all of the bikes were riced in a really horrid way.and the asking prices give me heart attacks.one guy askd 34 for a bike that didnt even have a key... he was like gindara bandayak meka...I felt like pouring petrol and lighting it up to to see GINDARA... so any place I cud get myself one in decent condition??? Thank you all

Sorry abt my spellings. I typed from a mobile phone. It wasnt easy

i can't say for sure but it's worth a shot looking for them in kurunegala there are lot's of motorbike shops there. about 6 months ago i saw a honda chaly for sale in wariyapola that was in good condition but the owner ask 38k for it. any ways good luck mate.

i can't say for sure but it's worth a shot looking for them in kurunegala there are lot's of motorbike shops there. about 6 months ago i saw a honda chaly for sale in wariyapola that was in good condition but the owner ask 38k for it. any ways good luck mate.

Yep kurunegala is the place for bikes

Thanx for the quick replys everybody.. I should take a tour to kurunegala this weekend... And yes I checked ######. The bikes advertised were unspeakable :@

This may sound like a dumb question but why a Chaly? Didn't most of them go past their expiry date decades ago?

Anyway, if you can make it to Beruwela - China Fort area, there are many Chalys in showroom condition there. Don't know how many are for sale but those are owned by manik mudalalis and they are very well maintained.

Edited by Crosswind

This may sound like a dumb question but why a Chaly? Didn't most of them go past their expiry date decades ago?

Anyway, if you can make it to Beruwela - China Fort area, there are many Chalys in showroom condition there. Don't know how many are for sale but those are owned by manik mudalalis and they are very well maintained.

Hi. I used to work in cinnamon bey some time back.(I live in ja ela area). I should definitely go and check... The thing is I want to do a weekend project. Eg- buy one that runs,and restore it. I like to start a collection of restored old classics.for now my budget is restricted to chalys.. hopefully someday Ill be restoring some serious metal like MD sirs Triumph.. thanx

When I got my Chaly way back in 1984 it was just 6500/- from Gold Wing Negombo and Rs.25 was a full tank!!! .

Hi everybody... I found a good Chaly. And the price is really reasonable as well.. only thing is that it doesnt have the "potha" .. so 8

I cant license it.. what can I do abt this?

When I got my Chaly way back in 1984 it was just 6500/- from Gold Wing Negombo and Rs.25 was a full tank!!! .

1984? I wasnt born until much later :P it must have been good old days... sigh guess im not lucky enough to enjoy the 80's

Hi. I used to work in cinnamon bey some time back.(I live in ja ela area). I should definitely go and check... The thing is I want to do a weekend project. Eg- buy one that runs,and restore it. I like to start a collection of restored old classics.for now my budget is restricted to chalys.. hopefully someday Ill be restoring some serious metal like MD sirs Triumph.. thanx

I don't know how many members here will consider Chaly as a classic but for me this is a bike that brings out a lot of memories.

Back in the days when we were not old enough to drive, good ol chaly was the only run-about available for me and 3 other guys. We used to prowl around (at least 3 on it most of the time) areas around Kandy (not in the city) looking for booze, smokes and a special kind of VHS tapes :medium-smiley-037:

Rain or shine it got us around for all sorts of mischievous stuff and all it asked was a 50 quid worth of petrol bought off a 'petti kade' in return...

The bike is still with my good buddy and the 4 of us hope to restore it and give it a dignified retirement one day...

Sorry for the sudden downpour...

Cheers,

K9M

• Like 3

1984? I wasnt born until much later :P it must have been good old days... sigh guess im not lucky enough to enjoy the 80's

Yeah I was in grade 10 then (O/L), didn't have even a license, used to ride everywhere including to school with the "L" plates!!

• Like 2

Wow mate..

I'm talking about the late nineties and petrol was a bit expensive. My friend won it as a first price in a raffle draw so it was technically something he bought with his own money :)

He never let his parents forget this fact...

• Like 1

Well the the Chaly should achieve some sort of classic value in the future,so would lots of early cheap Honda bikes.I remember in the nineties I used to ride one which belonged to an employee,fun little thing it was.

If you want a sure fire Honda classic get a early 50 or 90 Cub.It was named the greatest motorbike of all time by the Discovery Channel.Here's my one.after decades of hard work it now rests with my dad's Norton Manx 500 and the Indian...

RtjFfob.jpg

• Like 1

I did consider a 50... but i prefer something more sporty really.it doesnt need to be a chick magnet.but still sporty would be sorta cool.. someday I will get one

Well the the Chaly should achieve some sort of classic value in the future,so would lots of early cheap Honda bikes.I remember in the nineties I used to ride one which belonged to an employee,fun little thing it was.

If you want a sure fire Honda classic get a early 50 or 90 Cub.It was named the greatest motorbike of all time by the Discovery Channel.Here's my one.after decades of hard work it now rests with my dad's Norton Manx 500 and the Indian...

RtjFfob.jpg

Greatest I am not sure, best selling bike ever made, yes!

Hi everybody... I found a good Chaly. And the price is really reasonable as well.. only thing is that it doesnt have the "potha" .. so 8 I cant license it.. what can I do abt this?

It's not too hard to find a registration book. Talk to some kaakkas in Jayantha Weerasekera Mawatha (make sure you get the document cross-checked from RMV). After that, all you need to do is engrave the numbers on to your bike.

• Like 1

It's not too hard to find a registration book. Talk to some kaakkas in Jayantha Weerasekera Mawatha (make sure you get the document cross-checked from RMV). After that, all you need to do is engrave the numbers on to your bike.

You do know that's illegal right?...Anyway that's easier said than done and too much fuss for a Chaly.I'm sure OP can find one with proper registration after bit of a search.A trip to Kurunegala might be a good idea.

• Like 1

I don't know how many members here will consider Chaly as a classic but for me this is a bike that brings out a lot of memories.

K9M

K9 make no mistake Chally is now an emerging classic, so with the rest of the 80's Honda minibike clan like the Dax, Paladin and Palfrey - remember those?

the Chally was perhaps the first expereince of motorized self commuting for most teenagers in the '80s

Today's plastic scooters are no match to those funny old workhorses

Edited by HardHat