• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tune Ups

kmcsb

i got eg8 single carb....when i turned on A/C i feels my car rpm getting lower....iwht you think guys....som of my friend told perhaps A/C control valve might be clogged..

also i wish to do eco test and frst i need to do tune up also..can they cleang up those valve or should i need to go mechnik... i lve in pita kote..can anyone know any best plz around my plze..

wht abut dhammika fernando....do you know his charges..... my car runs without ac might 10 .with ac its drop to 6-7kmpl.. thts serve headhe for me...recently i've cangd spark plugs,vic airfilter,new spark plug wires,replzed genue petol filter,replazed thermostat,wheel aligment,no oil leaks..but no improvement..

i got eg8 single carb....when i turned on A/C i feels my car rpm getting lower....iwht you think guys....som of my friend told perhaps A/C control valve might be clogged..

also i wish to do eco test and frst i need to do tune up also..can they cleang up those valve or should i need to go mechnik... i lve in pita kote..can anyone know any best plz around my plze..

wht abut dhammika fernando....do you know his charges..... my car runs without ac might 10 .with ac its drop to 6-7kmpl.. thts serve headhe for me...recently i've cangd spark plugs,vic airfilter,new spark plug wires,replzed genue petol filter,replazed thermostat,wheel aligment,no oil leaks..but no improvement..

Kmcsb,

Dammika Eerando is a very good at vehicle tuning. You have to take a appointment and go to Him.

Contact him and request for charges.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

may be your IDLE up unit is not functioning properly. that can be a reason for low km per litre. as suggest by others a good mechanic can solve this easily.

Your EG8 with D15B3 engine has one of the best carbs ever designed but the problem is finding a mechanic who can understand the Japanese ingenuity. I have come across numerous Honda carbs messed up by the mechs while all that was needed was a simple clean up of the air bleeders on the carb. AFAIK Dhammika would not do any maintenance work on carbs except adjustments (Not because he is incapable of doing so but that was his division of labor). BTW did anyone attempt to clean up or adjustments on your carb before you encounter the issue of low mileage? As for your idle up mechanism it works by turning the throttle with a dash pot connected to a vacuum line through a solenoid valve. Do you have any of the vacuum lines plugged up and electrical lines bypassed by the local makabaasses?

Edited by Rumesh88

Your EG8 with D15B3 engine has one of the best carbs ever designed but the problem is finding a mechanic who can understand the Japanese ingenuity. I have come across numerous Honda carbs messed up by the mechs while all that was needed was a simple clean up of the air bleeders on the carb. AFAIK Dhammika would not do any maintenance work on carbs except adjustments (Not because he is incapable of doing so but that was his division of labor). BTW did anyone attempt to clean up or adjustments on your carb before you encounter the issue of low mileage? As for your idle up mechanism it works by turning the throttle with a dash pot connected to a vacuum line through a solenoid valve. Do you have any of the vacuum lines plugged up and electrical lines bypassed by the local makabaasses?

6 monts ago one of mechanik did a carb clean..and tht's all..FYI when i repaird my A/C i put a large condesor unit also...the problem has appeared after repairing A/C..also @morning car starts and normally doing fast idle (high rpm) and then cmes back to normal....after repair tht is not get normal idle while a press gas padle.. i chkd my accelerator cable is clean and good..

Edited by kmcsb

6 monts ago one of mechanik did a carb clean..and tht's all..FYI when i repaird my A/C i put a large condesor unit also...the problem has appeared after repairing A/C..also @morning car starts and normally doing fast idle (high rpm) and then cmes back to normal....after repair tht is not get normal idle while a press gas padle.. i chkd my accelerator cable is clean and good..

See if the two vacuum hoses coming to choke opener an AC idle boost dashpots are swapped. Please refer to the diagram attached.

Carb.bmp

Its not a D15B3 Rumesh. Its sort of a JDM single carb setup with IACV , Oxygen sensor and probably an ECU too. (Ive seen this engine bay once) Edited by H.C

Its not a D15B3 Rumesh. Its sort of a JDM single carb setup with IACV , Oxygen sensor and probably an ECU too. (Ive seen this engine bay once)

Hmm.. Thank you H.C. Then this is the JDM version with ECU, O2 sensor and a MAP sensor too - the version just before PGMFI. Almost an EFI model but with a carb. Then of course it requires the normal routine of cleaning IACV, throttle body etc..

i did eco test and got result...fialyi got passed..but the inspector told me tht my HC AND CO were high...miine d15b jdm single carb...before test i did tunue up by dhammika...

i chkd my idle rpm is 825 and hc-393

co-3.066 AND EST wastage 9.78% and rs.14per ltr.

@tuneup process dhammika inspectd and told my spark plugs,plug wires,filters,vacums,o2 sensor,carb,rotor,cap is ok...before met him i just replazed thermostat (actually there wont any thermostat installed),ngk sark plugs,oem spark plugs,honda fuel filter,vic airfilters too...

plz hep guys....

Edited by kmcsb

i chkd my idle rpm is 825 and hc-393

co-3.066 AND EST wastage 9.78% and rs.14per ltr.

@tuneup process dhammika inspectd and told my spark plugs,plug wires,filters,vacums,o2 sensor,carb,rotor,cap is ok...before met him i just replazed thermostat (actually there wont any thermostat installed),ngk sark plugs,oem spark plugs,honda fuel filter,vic airfilters too...

plz hep guys....

How about the HC/CO at 2500 RPM are they marginal too?

The way I see it your car is always operating in the power mode according to the ECO test figures. BTW you said that there was no thermostat and you had to install a new one right?. If so this car may have been meddled with by some makabaas. Assuming it is not (so I pray!), and also assuming the last person to tune the system was reasonably correct in his assessment, the most logical explanation that comes to my mind for the car to go into power mode is the ECU (or PGM CARB control unit in Honda terminology) erroneously detecting a low manifold vacuum. If so the MAP sensor signal must be faulty. Was this tested at any time? The other thing is do you see the LED on ECU intermittently flashing sometime?

The way I see it your car is always operating in the power mode according to the ECO test figures. BTW you said that there was no thermostat and you had to install a new one right?. If so this car may have been meddled with by some makabaas. Assuming it is not (so I pray!), and also assuming the last person to tune the system was reasonably correct in his assessment, the most logical explanation that comes to my mind for the car to go into power mode is the ECU (or PGM CARB control unit in Honda terminology) erroneously detecting a low manifold vacuum. If so the MAP sensor signal must be faulty. Was this tested at any time? The other thing is do you see the LED on ECU intermittently flashing sometime?

Is it possible to have these symptoms due to faulty IACV. (According to Kmscb , last tune up guru has told him that IACV is not functioning and no need to correct it!)

Is it possible to have these symptoms due to faulty IACV. (According to Kmscb , last tune up guru has told him that IACV is not functioning and no need to correct it!)

Nothing to do with IACV here. Some1 said IACV is not functioning & It's not needed? My God

:-O

Yes of course! I thought all these things have been checked for he has been through a proper tune up. I did not see a note anywhere in the OP that EACV was not working. Now if whoever the guru said that EACV (it is not a IACV but a EACV an electronic air control valve) was NOT functioning and it as NOT needed he certainly does not belong here. He should go and work for the Honda design team. EACV bypasses additional air into the intake manifold and is closed during the power mode. Hence if it is not working for some reason the first thing to do is to get that corrected. Oh my God! I can't believe this.

Well, he has send me a message with those details and guess what, that particular guru's name has mentioned in this thread.! (Mr.Sylvy's post)

Let's forget about all these things now. There is something else noteworthy. I see a lot of active Honda enthusiasts in this forum but a sheer lack of responses when it comes to addressing their issues. So basically what OP needs is not a tune up but corrective action to make the EACV working.

• 2 weeks later...

If you do not have a static issue with the system you would not see a fault code when the ignition is on or the engine is running. If you want to retrieve stored faulty codes you need to jumper the two terminals of the service check connector (not the data link connector which is 3-pin. you may not have this connector depending on the model).

Edited by Rumesh88