• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Let Me Know Good Place For Engine Tune Up

kelum789

Question

Hii..i have allion 240 and some time getting miss from the engine with small sound from the silencer. Some people told me to go for engine tune up.But it does 12-13 Km per leter in city limits

So if anybody has done engine tune up recently in Colombo area ?

Or advise me for good place to engine tune up.

Regards

Kelum

5 answers to this question

Let me share the experience I had in AutoMiraj, Angulana (Moratuwa).

I took my car for an engine tuneup. I was using a diesel car and I'm new to petrol engines, so decided to stay with the car and see what's happening, rather than waiting in the comfortable lounge. First at arrival, I asked them whether they clean throttle body and the plugs, they said no and when I try to turn around they said will do that (+ without any additional cost too :mosking: ).

They struggled to find out where the throttle body of the engine is and with about half an hour they manage to find where it is. Some how they finished cleaning everything, and I gave them new spark plugs to fit. They gave a fuel additive and told me to overdose it as they have seen better results by doing so. Offered me so many expert advises, and made an impression that they the experts.

When I return home, I noticed the engine idle speed is increased. Since my car is an automatic it does not have a tachometer, but I feel the increased engine speed.

Next day morning I took the car to AutoMiraj. They inspected it, had a trial run also, and gave lump of expert opinions. They said as they use some additives engine speed naturally goes up and with time it come back to normal. :sarcastic_hand: But I didn't buy these, and insisted on checking with a diagnostic tool. :punish: Surprisingly even though they do engine tune-ups they don't have a engine scanner. Since I was stubborn on my stance they took me to AutoMiraj repair shop at Attidiya. Their engine scanner was not working and I was redirected to Pepiliyana AutoMiraj. They do have knowledgeable technician, just when he was told about the idle speed increase he asked is it after a tune-up.

When I dig it up, I found that after any adjustment, cleaning or basically any change of state/condition of the engine and its accessories, a "self learning cycle" in the ECU should be done otherwise the ECU won't recognise the changes made.

This stupid AutoMiraj technicians at Angulana don't know hang of petrol engines, but they do engine tune-ups, and offer the customer loads of "Panditha" advises. :wacko2:

My first advise is avoid this place. (AutoMiraj /Angulana) :suicide2:

Second is don't take these technicians advises without double checking them or having some reliable second-opinion.

As a mechanical engineer I noticed many malpractices during the short time I spent at these places, even in washing bay for an example, they wash the engine bay just after the car arrives but in factory manuals specifically says, never bring cool water to contact with the engine when it is hot, at least 30 mins of cooling should be done before washing the engine.

Let me share the experience I had in AutoMiraj, Angulana (Moratuwa).

I took my car for an engine tuneup. I was using a diesel car and I'm new to petrol engines, so decided to stay with the car and see what's happening, rather than waiting in the comfortable lounge. First at arrival, I asked them whether they clean throttle body and the plugs, they said no and when I try to turn around they said will do that (+ without any additional cost too :mosking: ).

They struggled to find out where the throttle body of the engine is and with about half an hour they manage to find where it is. Some how they finished cleaning everything, and I gave them new spark plugs to fit. They gave a fuel additive and told me to overdose it as they have seen better results by doing so. Offered me so many expert advises, and made an impression that they the experts.

When I return home, I noticed the engine idle speed is increased. Since my car is an automatic it does not have a tachometer, but I feel the increased engine speed.

Next day morning I took the car to AutoMiraj. They inspected it, had a trial run also, and gave lump of expert opinions. They said as they use some additives engine speed naturally goes up and with time it come back to normal. :sarcastic_hand: But I didn't buy these, and insisted on checking with a diagnostic tool. :punish: Surprisingly even though they do engine tune-ups they don't have a engine scanner. Since I was stubborn on my stance they took me to AutoMiraj repair shop at Attidiya. Their engine scanner was not working and I was redirected to Pepiliyana AutoMiraj. They do have knowledgeable technician, just when he was told about the idle speed increase he asked is it after a tune-up.

When I dig it up, I found that after any adjustment, cleaning or basically any change of state/condition of the engine and its accessories, a "self learning cycle" in the ECU should be done otherwise the ECU won't recognise the changes made.

This stupid AutoMiraj technicians at Angulana don't know hang of petrol engines, but they do engine tune-ups, and offer the customer loads of "Panditha" advises. :wacko2:

My first advise is avoid this place. (AutoMiraj /Angulana) :suicide2:

Second is don't take these technicians advises without double checking them or having some reliable second-opinion.

As a mechanical engineer I noticed many malpractices during the short time I spent at these places, even in washing bay for an example, they wash the engine bay just after the car arrives but in factory manuals specifically says, never bring cool water to contact with the engine when it is hot, at least 30 mins of cooling should be done before washing the engine.

I would say never wash your engine...one time spray of water can do more damage rather than years of dust...I have seen those treatment overdose too.Makabases get immense pleasure from seen huge black smoke coming out from silencer,they think the lines are being cleaned...

I would say never wash your engine...one time spray of water can do more damage rather than years of dust...I have seen those treatment overdose too.Makabases get immense pleasure from seen huge black smoke coming out from silencer,they think the lines are being cleaned...

And then you end up with under performing O2 sensors and catalytic converters...... :sport-smiley-027:

@kelum789 if you do not mind going as far as to Moratuwa, I can give a contact of a former TL guy who is cool and quiet and do the job without "paditha talks". If interested pls PM me.

Hii..i have allion 240 and some time getting miss from the engine with small sound from the silencer. Some people told me to go for engine tune up.But it does 12-13 Km per leter in city limits

So if anybody has done engine tune up recently in Colombo area ?

Or advise me for good place to engine tune up.

Regards

Kelum

But my one (2002 model) does only 9km per litre in city limits. :speechless-smiley-019: Recently done a tune up also. ...........