• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

About Tru Blu Fuel Additive

Iroshw

Question

Hi all,

I saw an ad regarding a new Fuel Additive called "Tru Blu". As per the ad this product is importing from Australia and packing in Sri Lanka. They said that this product is using in Australia for more than 17 years and most of the cabs are using them.

And the funny thing is they said that it can give you 30% extra milages to your vehicle by adding them. And also they said that it cleans the fuel tank and engine (both carb and efi).

My concern is, why they don't advertise this on newspapers and tv commercials.

I have a bit old Mitsubishi car with carb engine. It has a 1500cc engine and it does about 8-9km per lts without A/C. I'm not happy with the fuel consumption of my car and also the black smoke. I prefer to use this product to test.

Anyone with experience on this product?

Regards,

Irosh

22 answers to this question

Those claims are nothing but just marketing gimmicks. You cannot improve fuel economy in an average or above average (I mean good) engine by 30% by adding something other than another volume of similar substance (similar to gas) which can produce the same or more power per unit volume.

As for your case all you need to do is to get your carb to work in its original condition. Then it would not produce black smoke and definitely show improvement in mileage. However, this particular product might give you significant results for your engine is now working below specs. Hence, you can proceed with it.

• Like 1

I anticipate Sylvi will volunteer to experiment with this shortly. I also anticipate the outcome. I feel like the freaking Oracle of Delphi over here.

Haaha!! Dude, I too came here expecting to see sylvi's essay on his 50 years of fuel additive experience (not to forget adding 2T oil in his 4T engine)...

PS: But I think this is the first time someone who's happy with his fuel cosumption wanting to add some crazy liquid (for all we know it could be an Austrailan mate's piss)

Edited by Watchman

Just adding...

I have used BG 44K for a long run few months ago. But I couldn't see any output. I did a full service few days ago (changed the oil filter, air filter, Petrol Filter, Plugs, Flushed the engine and add new oil) but didn't touch the Carb yet. But I can remember one guy was talking about the Jets when it was tunining in last October. Hope this black smoke is the result of it.

Guys, do you know anything that we can use through the fuel tank to clean the carb?

Guys, do you know anything that we can use through the fuel tank to clean the carb?

Basically there are two types of so called "jets" in a carb.

1. Fuel jets with precisely engineered orifices to pass a metered amount of fuel under a given vacuum difference.

2. Air bleeders again with precise openings for air to pass through. This includes the emulsifying tubes too.

Now if you expect something that you intend to put in the tank to stop black smoke then it will never work because it will only open up the clogged up fuel jets, if any, allowing more fuel than before to pass through. If you have an issue with pulling power then of course you can try a fuel system cleaner i the tank and hope for the best. What you really need BTW is something to clean the air bleeders and perhaps to release the power valve if it is stuck permanently.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I saw an ad regarding a new Fuel Additive called "Tru Blu". As per the ad this product is importing from Australia and packing in Sri Lanka. They said that this product is using in Australia for more than 17 years and most of the cabs are using them.

White people use toilet paper. We wash our arses using water. Washing your arse is better for you. Likewise, just because something came from Australia, doesn't mean it's good.

• Like 2

I anticipate Sylvi will volunteer to experiment with this shortly. I also anticipate the outcome. I feel like the freaking Oracle of Delphi over here.
Haaha!! Dude, I too came here expecting to see sylvi's essay on his 50 years of fuel additive experience (not to forget adding 2T oil in his 4T engine)...

SYLVi!!!!!!! Where are you......you are keeping us all waiting!!!!!

As said , Fuel additives are utter waste of money. Please provide a real remedy for the cause.

You will accept, for a brand new vehicle it does not need any additive. Like wise please keep the

vehicle in clean condition in relation to the Injectors, Carburator and fuel filter. You don't need any

external additives.

Edited by Rohnd

CJ5,

As for your request I post this post.I am still alive. very soon will hit the bucket.

Do not want to waste my time I have posted early on a different thread about my experience of fuel savers.

Have tried USA patent method of DC Electric magnetic fuel saver. With very high electric DC magnet done by me. That did not give any result.

All additives to fuel as well as other methods advertised on the web imported personally tested by me at my cost. No way thy can be recommend.

There is fuel saver advertised on almost every HA papers saving 30% in suburbs of Colombo. I have contact them they have a very good sales person.

He informs me that they have test reports are available when I contact him in this morning. That they have sold 3800 units with out any problems.

They are prepared to return money if the electronic save is not working do not know they will honour the agreement.

Non of them give any noticeable satisfactory results. Only what I use is Acetone to the fuel tank, that keeps my engine head clean.

70% of all fuel cleaners use Acetone as their base liquid. I have posted the to prove that to the early thread.

Nothing like exchanging the trials and the results what I have done in the past to the forum. Some members take this as a joke I Ignore them.

This post may be condemned by them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Irosh,

Contact the advertiser and demand a guarantee to return the money. That you will use for 30 days always with tank full.

It is misleading the automobile users by advertising to give false promises.

Advertiser is contravening , the consumer protection authority regulations.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

As said , Fuel additives are utter waste of money. Please provide a real remedy for the cause.

You will accept, for a brand new vehicle it does not need any additive. Like wise please keep the

vehicle in clean condition in relation to the Injectors, Carburator and fuel filter. You don't need any

external additives.

No they are not a waste of money!!! They are a good investment to palm off to stupid faggots in a cash strapped society where any garbage will sell like hot cakes if they merely "promise" some economic benefit.

As Sylvi says 3800 of this useless POS in bottles have been sold . See good investment to make money and more money!!!!!

The cause is pure stupidity and I doubt there being a remedy for stupidity!!

Edited by CJ5
  • Like 1

No they are not a waste of money!!! They are a good investment to palm off to stupid faggots in a cash strapped society where any garbage will sell like hot cakes if they merely "promise" some economic benefit.

As Sylvi says 3800 of this useless POS in bottles have been sold . See good investment to make money and more money!!!!!

Awesomely said CJ

No they are not a waste of money!!!

Certainly they are not a waste of money for someone who is convinced that the magical juice that is poured into his tank will solve all the problems in the fuel path. If he gets the satisfaction that all the problem in his car is solved with the juice and if that is what he pays for then let it be! If not for this psychological instinct there would not be a billion dollar market worldwide for various concoctions of aphrodisiacs ranging from rhino horns to ginseng!

CJ5,

It is not the liquid bottle. I spoke to the electronic unit box type with a female socket.

Which is sold for Rupees 3900/= they are will fix them free of charge in Colombo.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

CJ5,

It is not the liquid bottle. I spoke to the electronic unit box type with a female socket.

Which is sold for Rupees 3900/= they are will fix them free of charge in Colombo.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,

Thank you for the comment/post. I bought a small quantity of this liquid and added to my fuel tank. And I had run (about 20Kms) but didn't see any good result. I'm planning to go to Kalutara on this Saturday and will let you know the feedback.

Sylvi, I saw this electonic item. It is made in India but as per them the liquid is importing from Australia. That system is connecting to the Manipol system to spray when accelerate. He said that they can fix it for 4900 rupees with a bottle of liquid.

I'm not a tech guy and don't know how this system works.

Guys, my car is really powerful and I know some owners drives the same car/model for 12-13kms per liter. Sadly I can't reach even 9km/1ltr and with a lot of black somke.

Again, as said I'm not a tech guy and there is a possibility of me to use whatever availalbe in the market to sort my car issue (even though they are to waste my money and time) and remember that I'm not the only one who is suffering.

Irosh

Edited by Iroshw

Dear Sylvi,

Thank you for the comment/post. I bought a small quantity of this liquid and added to my fuel tank. And I had run (about 20Kms) but didn't see any good result. I'm planning to go to Kalutara on this Saturday and will let you know the feedback.

Sylvi, I saw this electonic item. It is made in India but as per them the liquid is importing from Australia. That system is connecting to the Manipol system to spray when accelerate. He said that they can fix it for 4900 rupees with a bottle of liquid.

I'm not a tech guy and don't know how this system works.

Guys, my car is really powerful and I know some owners drives the same car/model for 12-13kms per liter. Sadly I can't reach even 9km/1ltr and with a lot of black somke.

Again, as said I'm not a tech guy and there is a possibility of me to use whatever availalbe in the market to sort my car issue (even though they are to waste my money and time) and remember that I'm not the only one who is suffering.

Irosh

What's you car and engine model?

Irosh, can you not understand that everyone here is telling you not to waste you moneyon these stupid stuff...

You're getting a mere 2 kmpl less than other similar cars.. Rather than waste time with those fake gadgets or Austrailians' jizz why dont you just use the Rs.4900 to pump some extra petrol.. eventually your cost per kilomter will be the same!

anyway, if you have excessive black smoke then your engine isnt working as it should.

Edited by Watchman

Mitsubishi Lancer C62A (knows as ASP Model) - Year 1991

1500cc

Engine: 4G15

Since you claim yourself to be a non-techie, the best you can do is to open the air cleaner cover and spray a carb cleaner down the throttle body. You can follow the explanation in <http://www.ben9166.com/2010/05/diy-carburetor-cleaning-for-4g13p15p.html> although it is not the same car. Take care not to drop the nozzle down the throttle while spraying. First keep the car running at or near idle most of the time with occasional high rev bursts to prevent engine from stalling when spraying. Then do a bit of liberal spray keeping the engine at around 3000 rpm. If it stalls just restart and continue. Try spraying into every corner of the carb. This is much better than pouring in various additives into the gas tank and wasting your money. In case if the idle speed changes after cleaning, run for sometime to see if it stabilize back. If not get it set again.