• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Townace Kr41 Petrol To Diesel

Hi Guys,

I have a Toyota Townace KR41 (1998) GL, Petrol, Auto Transmission, Flat Roof, 4 Doors... :music-smiley-012:
And is it okay to convert it to a Diesel engine ?? And i'hv heard that there are different type engines...such as 2C, 3C , 3C Turbo...

So,

what are the differences ??

Fuel Economy ??
Average prices ??

Thank You :music-smiley-004:

Converting to Diesel will not cause any problem (but this wont be as Company made CR 42).

If you are Converting this Van better go for 3c or 3c turbo engine because this van is bigger compared with CR 27 in size.Needs more power. 2c engine will get worn very Quickly.

Price Difference between 2c and 3c is about 50 000. and Whole conversation process will cost about 4-4.5 lkhs as i know.

needs to change the Gearbox,if you have money change the Differential as well, most of the spare part dealers have this Diesel Conversion Kit

On top of what defendertdi said, there's the Rs.250,000/= conversion fee.

And whatever money you save on your fuel costs will be lost when selling the van some day cos no matter how hard you try it will still not get the same market value as a original diesel.

In a case like this its simpler to sell the petrol van and buy a diesel one.

• Like 1

Also, you will worry about the conversion when you first drive the van. The smooth ride will no longer be there and there is a vibration of the engine you can feel inside the cabin. Also you will get black smoke and all related problems with diesel engines if it's a high mileage ones. These diesel engines surely have more than 100,000Kms on the clock. These 3C engines are very robust and reliable and can last around 300,000 - 400,000Kms. So you are taking chances if it's a high mileage engine.

For a 1998 van, the conversion fee would be 35000

Crosswind is bang on and i think its 35,000 after 3 years of registering. I think if you register it with in the first 2 years the charge is higher. I was going to covert a Montero but all the negative thoughts of people put me off a bit. Also what clarks son also said is bang on.

As for me, I will NEVER convert a petrol to a diesel for all the reasons mentioned above and even more. Rather I'd buy an original diesel vehicle if I need one. :)

As for me, I will NEVER convert a petrol to a diesel for all the reasons mentioned above and even more. Rather I'd buy an original diesel vehicle if I need one. :)

Fair enough CJ5 but if you convert it properly you can benefit a huge price gap. For example roughly 2 mil gap between an original and a convert. There are some conversion kits that are pretty complete.

As I recall, it used to be 35k around Nov-Dec 2006 when our car (a 2003 model) was converted, but a couple of months afterwards I recall reading an article saying that it had been increased to 250k. But crosswind and NZer might be more up-to-date on this than me, in which case I might be wrong.

As I recall, it used to be 35k around Nov-Dec 2006 when our car (a 2003 model) was converted, but a couple of months afterwards I recall reading an article saying that it had been increased to 250k. But crosswind and NZer might be more up-to-date on this than me, in which case I might be wrong.

Machan its still 250k for a vehicle thats just been registered. Then it goes down and after 3 years its 35,000. Things might have changed since those fools change everything almost on a weekly basis.

• 2 weeks later...

3C turbo Engine with Manual gear box 300,000/-

p5080302.jpg

when you convert you have to change

A. 3C turbo

1. Engine And Gear Box

2. Engine Wiring Harnus with ECU

3. Turbo Silancer

4. Radiator

5. Front Suspension Bar set

6. Diesel Tank

7. Middle propeller shaft

8. Air Cleaner

B. 3C Electronic

1. Engine And Gear Box

2. Engine Wiring Harnus with ECU

3. Radiator

4. Front Suspension Bar set

5. Diesel Tank

6. Middle propeller shaft

7. Air Cleaner

8. Gas paddel and Control unit complete wiring

I saw one conversion kit in the US autopartz they told me price 360,000/- complete, i saw that engine looks like brand new engine, but it was 3C EFI Electronic. 3C Turbo more power and good in fuel.

if your vehicle KR41 and going to replace 3C Electronic engine you have to change complete vehicle wiring harnus for trubble free run

Edited by Nilantha