• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Vanette C22 Fuel Consumption Issue.

Nissan cdj

Very bad fuel consumption on a nissan vanette c22 this implies it does about 8km/ltr in city without a/c and without traffic and it does abt 11 outstation Without A/C.I hv services my injector pump too and i dot know why is this ? i doubt is it because of the driving style or not.

Anyway ur advices on this matter would be appreciated and usualluy vanettes does about 14 ~16 right as i knw apologize if its wrong Vanette people i need help of your pls br kind on this matter

Thanks in advance

Could be the injector nozzles. I have an Izuzu cab with a 2.5L Turbocharged engine and it currently does about 9 outstation without A/C. Turns out the Injector nozzles are worn out and needs replacing.

This will also cause excess amounts of black smoke( My mechanic's explanation) .

Worth checking out

Edited by ZyKo

Thanks for the response so far.

Vehicle info

Nissan Vanette Vx C22

Yom 1993

Engine LD 20 II (2.0) non turbo

transmission manuel

no black smoke when accelerating

I serviced the whole disel pump and injector pump through AGM Diesel Care since adjustments hv done before 6 months no black smoke

Edited by Nissan cdj

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Don" data-cid="242777" data-time="1372175685"><p>

Is this automatic or manual transmission? Â Also is the engine consuming any oil? Is the engine smooth and is there a lot of black smoke when you accelerate?</p></blockquote>

its manuel and no blqck smoke and no chabge in oil at til the service

How quick do you shift into the higher gears?

Do you run at length on lower gears (2nd and 3rd)

Frequent stops and starts?

@ dpbatagoda especially when the a/c is on i feel the vehicle is not moving though i accelerate but when its switched off its pushing little bit faster and since tht the vehicle is not moving at its gear speed usually i try to shift the 3 rd gear at the sleed Of 50 or 60

thnx mate

@CJ5 usually i shift the gears normally 1 st gear at 20 2 nd at 30 3 rd at 40.bt if i want to pick up more i do change the 3 rd at a speed of 50~60 AND Ffrequent stops are like this running 7 ~8 km and stopping and the other thing is after i change the 4 th gear @ 70~80 speed i used to drive at high speed normally nearly to 100 and the other thing is i am used to push the accelerate paddle at its maximum as soon as i changed the gear from 3 rd to 4 th gear. And i need to know wether is there any effect paddling the accelerator at its maximumas soon as i changed the gear

thanx mate

Edited by Nissan cdj

@CJ5 usually i shift the geats normally 1 st gear at 2 nd at 30 3 rd at 40.bt if i want to pick up more i do change the 3 rd at a speed of 50~60 AND Ffrequent stops are like this running 7 ~8 km and stopping and the other thing is after i change the 4 th gear @ 70~80 speed i used to drive at high speed normally nearly to 100 and the other thing is i am used to push the accelerate paddle at its maximum as soon as i changed the gear from 3 rd to 4 th gear. And i need to know wether is there any effect paddling the accelerator at its maximumas soon as i changed the gear

thanx mate

are you driving on a rally or something with your van? :) other passengers must be very happy

@CJ5 usually i shift the geats normally 1 st gear at 2 nd at 30 3 rd at 40.bt if i want to pick up more i do change the 3 rd at a speed of 50~60 AND Ffrequent stops are like this running 7 ~8 km and stopping and the other thing is after i change the 4 th gear @ 70~80 speed i used to drive at high speed normally nearly to 100 and the other thing is i am used to push the accelerate paddle at its maximum as soon as i changed the gear from 3 rd to 4 th gear. And i need to know wether is there any effect paddling the accelerator at its maximumas soon as i changed the gear

thanx mate

And you are wondering why you have bad fuel figures... Drive that for a while and end up being sandwiched between the seat and the dash.

Dont know about vans, but can share the experience gained from the car.. (Cant think of a reason why you cant apply this for a van)

1. Keep a light foot on the gas

2. Dont rev too much too frequently unless if you really really have to..

3. Shift between gears at correct speed. You can check it from the User Manual eg: 1st 0 - 20 / 2nd 20 - 30 etc etc..

4. After shifting to 4th from 3rd you dont have to floor it as the vehicle already gained the momentum, just gradually press the accelerator paddle and keep a light foot and let the vehicle travel at a flat speed around 60 - 70

I've experienced significant fuel consumption difference between high revs - high speed driving and light footed normal driving.

Just my 2cents.. hope this helps..

@CJ5 usually i shift the gears normally 1 st gear at 20 2 nd at 30 3 rd at 40.bt if i want to pick up more i do change the 3 rd at a speed of 50~60 AND Ffrequent stops are like this running 7 ~8 km and stopping and the other thing is after i change the 4 th gear @ 70~80 speed i used to drive at high speed normally nearly to 100 and the other thing is i am used to push the accelerate paddle at its maximum as soon as i changed the gear from 3 rd to 4 th gear. And i need to know wether is there any effect paddling the accelerator at its maximumas soon as i changed the gear

thanx mate

Well , with ..such kind a driving pattern you couldn't expect more...........?

thanx mate

I had CR41 diesel van with 2C engine and below is what I do, and it did around 16Km/L for long distance.

1st gear - maximum speed 10

2nd gear - maximum speed 25

3rd gear - maximum speed 40

after 40 change to fourth gear.

Ummm......I don't think I need say more as ferrarif50, trinity, WCW and dpbatagoda have all said what I intended to state about the high fuel consumption!!!

There you go........ now you know why your Vanette does not do well on fuel!!!! :)

Okay guys thnx alot for ur valuable advices and another thing i want to know is will say as u ppl said if i change the 4 th gear at 50~60 speed to 5 th gear if i speed up to 100 will it be okay to give me very good fuel consumption.and as i knw 5 th gear is very fuel efficient and majority says that and if its wrong u guys please tell me how to make use of the 5 th gear for a very fuel efficient drI've nd let me know in 5 th wat the maximum that i should go to increase fuel consumption and after wat speed usually it starts drinking fuel ?

Thanx guys

Edited by Nissan cdj

For best fuel efficiency shift to the highest gear as soon as possible. As for why your vehicle might deliver low fuel efficiency without any signs of a problem from the engine I do not know. The other suspect item is the clutch.

The don okay and here my clutch plate is totaloy okay but the spring tht comes to paddle is broken so that though the clutch is released from the leg it stops lower after releasing to because of the broken spring is this spring also a problem or not ? imean for the low fuel consumption and is it okay driving 80~100 in the top gear and does it affect for low fuel efficiency ?

The don okay and here my clutch plate is totaloy okay but the spring tht comes to paddle is broken so that though the clutch is released from the leg it stops lower after releasing to because of the broken spring is this spring also a problem or not ? imean for the low fuel consumption and is it okay driving 80~100 in the top gear and does it affect for low fuel efficiency ?

The clutch might not be fully disengaging then which might cause a bit of slip as you drive. I would get it checked out. This could affect fuel efficiency.

beyond a certain speed the fuel efficiency of your vehicle goes down. Its slightly different vehicles but its around the 50kmph mark. I will try to keep the vehicle in lower revs and drive at a measured speed accelerating gradually and not drive like a rally driver if you want better fuel efficiency. Try changing gears up quicker and get to the 4/5 gear asap.

In my petrol car if I gradually accelerate and keep the revs under 2500 it gives me very good fuel efficiency. But the characteristics of petrol and diesel engines are slightly different and in a diesel you get maximum torque at lower revs so you should not need to race the engine as much.