• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Panda???

dpk

There are three variants (AFAIK)

PANDA 1.0

PANDA 1.3

PANDA 1.3(cross)

My question is, why most of the people are going to sell their PANDA before exceed even one year. (I referred many ads)

Is there any reason to do so? I mean bad quality, fuel economy, etc.

Experts your Ideas..........

it will help for many people who wish to buy PANDA

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

PANDA 1.0

PANDA 1.3

PANDA 1.3(cross)

My question is, why most of the people are going to sell their PANDA before exceed even one year. (I referred many ads)

Thanks!!!

Well...... each person will have his/her own reason. If one is not a Panda owner that person will not be able to say why a Panda owner sells his/her Panda even before one year isn't it? However I am no expert. :)

Ever asked a Panda owner why he/she is selling it???

Edited by CJ5

PANDA 1.0

PANDA 1.3

PANDA 1.3(cross)

Thanks!!!

Many threads here mention not to buy it but some says its Ok. I have no idea and also prefer to know pros and cons of a Panda brand from the users and technical experts as well. Appreciate if anyone can explain it well. Thanks.

Well..AFAIK..Micro Panda is just a local name used by Micro campany and the original manufacturer is Geely, one of the top car manufacturers in China(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geely).

So it cannot be bad but there is an issue when finding spares specially when it comes to body parts.So if you met with an accident which cause body parts replacement, you have to wait so long as per a friend of mine who owns Panda cross.( Later version of Panda).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, first it has bad fuel figures considering its size and engine capacity. One of the owners said something around 7kmpl. Like dog years these cars have 'micro years'. There life span is about 5 years and one year of usage seems to be an appropriate time to get rid of it. :-P

• 7 years later...

Thought of sharing my feedback as I have a slightly different experience from the others. I am using a Panda cross 1.3-manual, 2012 registered and bought it 3 years back as the second owner. Here are my stats;

Fuel consumption: 10- 12 km/L City and 14-16km/L outstation. Outstation I am referring to my drive on the highway and based on an average speed of 90 km/h. So this can be varied when you drive at 100 km/h speed. 

One day I could go in another Panda cross manual car- 2015 who was explaining the fuel efficiency as 7-8 km/l in the city area. One thing I clearly noticed was that he changed the gear at 4,500 rpm whereas I am usually changing to the next gear at around 2,500 rpm. I believe that there's a considerable impact on the way you drive your car. When you have a good sense of the optimum acceleration you will definitely save your vehicle and fuel too.

Agree with Shri's comment above and the vehicle is very heavy and it could be a reason for safety. In my opinion compared to other vehicle brands Two vehicle brands I have seen with less percentage of accidents on the road which are Panda and Viva Elite.

Considering the safety/ your budget limit I would recommend a Panda instead of an Indian car.