• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abs Sensor Issue

kala

Dear all,

I owned Mitsubishi Lancer Ex 2008 model & last Saturday on my way the car ABS warning displayed & say ABS service required.when i scan the vehicle it s found that there is a problem in front R/H speed sensors.When i inquired the company its cost Rs.39000/- for single abs unit.does anybody have idea of getting 02 hand sensor around Colombo & How much it cost? Thx in advance.

Dear all,

I owned Mitsubishi Lancer Ex 2008 model & last Saturday on my way the car ABS warning displayed & say ABS service required.when i scan the vehicle it s found that there is a problem in front R/H speed sensors.When i inquired the company its cost Rs.39000/- for single abs unit.does anybody have idea of getting 02 hand sensor around Colombo & How much it cost? Thx in advance.

machan, as I remember it was a common issue with the Lancer Ex. And I think the abs unit was covered under a special warranty. Search the forum and you will get the details.. :)

• 1 year later...
Dear all,

I think like NRX says it was fixed under warranty. Contact the agent and inquire and if necessary insist on their help since its a known manufacturing defect.

You can probably find the sensor a lot less, even a genuine one. After market ones would be a lot less. I bought sensors for an E46 at around £20 for after market ones for a friend.

• 3 weeks later...
I think like NRX says it was fixed under warranty. Contact the agent and inquire and if necessary insist on their help since its a known manufacturing defect.

You can probably find the sensor a lot less, even a genuine one. After market ones would be a lot less. I bought sensors for an E46 at around £20 for after market ones for a friend.

Agent service is absolutely atrocious. The prissy attitude on the part of technicians and the expectation to just shell out 40K without any thought drove me to go for an after market ABS sensor.

Got it from UK for Rs.7500/= and 700Kms later, no alerts yet..Keeping fingers crossed.