• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Personally Used Car From Japan

abiman

Question

Hello,

I would like to know the procedure and documents needed to import a used car (registered under my name) to Sri Lanka from Japan.

I want to register this car under my name in Sri Lanka.

I searched through AL but haven’t found information regarding this specific situation.

questions are,

If car registered under my name in japan, bought brand new, will the invoice issued by japan car seller be enough to customs for tax purposes. (There is no money send to japan from Sri Lanka to buy this car. I have only commercial invoice issued by car seller in japan and car is used for about 3 years by me.)

Do I have to pay normal tax rate or are there any increased/decreased tax rates for this situation?

If car registered under my name for about 1 year, will there be difference? (Thinking of buying a new car before come back)

Thankyou

Edited by abiman

Guys this is crap, who want to send the $50k to SL within 2years time, We working from our a** in this country and to maintain world lagest parliment why we send money to SL. That is the reason i chose not to stay in SL mate this is real reason for all the other people who left the country

Well if you haven't send the money back, you don't get any tax consession.. fair enough, isnt it?

FOr the amount of trouble you're going through for her, i pray you will at least get to squeeze a boob. That's always nice. Relieves stress. Reduces risk of heart disease. And they feel so nice... :)

:D Just going through all this because my sister asked me to. :)

Anyway... if I ever meet her friend in person, I will tell the 'doctor's orders' about stress release... ;)

I swear I drank more in Saudi than I did in SL or since... :)

Used to make my own hooch at home. And regularly had 'wine tastings'... :) Sometimes we wake up with out eyes cemented shut with all the crud... ha ha ha.. headaches and hangovers were legendary... especially if the fermentation has not been completed. Once after a heavy night out, me being the idiot I was, drove home. I had a Ford T Bird at the time and she was notoriously reliable. Closer to my exit, I was happily doing at least 120 when the car just dies on me. Just like that the engine cuts off... I sobered up in like a milli-second, coasts to the shoulder and stop with my hazards on, it was around 3am. Was fiddling with the engine to see WTF was wrong when to my worse luck a bloody cop cruiser with 2 cops pulls up. With the little Arabic I knew, I say. Car. Problem. No go... :) When they got closer I realized they were effing tanked themselves with some horrid smelling shite! ROFL!!! Which made them that much more dangerous. They asked me to get in the car and turn the ignition on and to this day I have no clue what they did but the car started. I quickly put the window down said thank you and took off like a bat out of hell drove home and ran inside... :) That was the last day I got drunk and drove in Saudi Arabia... :)

Gosh! man you had a narrow escape there! Had they caught you they would've lashed you :punish:

That sounds interesting, divulge, please... :)
J-dawg you never told me you partake in the devils nectar? Tho maara porak ne!!

Well, it's like this-

Me and a friend were invited to a party in Kottawa. This was before I had taken command of the KSev so we decided to bus it and find a ride back to Mount. So my friend the host says "my uncle in Kalutara will drop you at home, so let's party" (or something to that extent) so we did just that. I kept checking with him for this Kalutara uncle and then he tells me at 0100 "he didn't show up, he had other plans, but I'll drop you guys home". Cool, so that's sorted. Finally things begin to dwindle at 0200 so he loads the DJ equipment in his van and the six of us (DJs and his GF included) start the trip home. We travel to the depths of Kottawa residencies and drop off the DJ and his stuff and then we make it to the University junction. Then he tells us "my GF's mom is cranky that her daughter is up this late, so I'm rushing her home. You guys can take a tuk home, right? There's plenty at this hour (past 2am!), KTHXBYE! :sport-smiley-004: " So then starts the aimless wandering of the streets of Moratuwa in search of that elusive saviour, the tuk tuk! We couldn't find any at that time so we continued on foot till we reached the large checkpoint in Rathmalana. The cops there were very suspicious when we showed up and obviously thought we were up to no good :speechless-smiley-004: but after a quick chat saw that we were quite sober and without a ride home. They asked us to hang around the checkpoint till a vehicle showed up so we did. After about fifteen minutes we see two tuks approaching the checkpoint. They stop and show the cops their DLs and they're about to leave when we ask them to drop us off at Mount. One wheeler agrees so in we go. Now this wheeler has a passenger in the back who is obviously out cold but we don't mind. While traveling I ask him his rates and he says "api Kurunegala yana gaman, api oyagollanwa Mount drop karannang fare ekak one naha" Fantastic! So we get off at our areas (Mount and Dehiwala) thank the wheeler guys and hit the sack :sport-smiley-004: at 0300 hours. Still the most memorable incident I've faced.

And no, we weren't drunk! On the contrary, we were quite sober. :speechless-smiley-003:

Well, it's like this-

Me and a friend were invited to a party in Kottawa. This was before I had taken command of the KSev so we decided to bus it and find a ride back to Mount. So my friend the host says "my uncle in Kalutara will drop you at home, so let's party" (or something to that extent) so we did just that. I kept checking with him for this Kalutara uncle and then he tells me at 0100 "he didn't show up, he had other plans, but I'll drop you guys home". Cool, so that's sorted. Finally things begin to dwindle at 0200 so he loads the DJ equipment in his van and the six of us (DJs and his GF included) start the trip home. We travel to the depths of Kottawa residencies and drop off the DJ and his stuff and then we make it to the University junction. Then he tells us "my GF's mom is cranky that her daughter is up this late, so I'm rushing her home. You guys can take a tuk home, right? There's plenty at this hour (past 2am!), KTHXBYE! :sport-smiley-004: " So then starts the aimless wandering of the streets of Moratuwa in search of that elusive saviour, the tuk tuk! We couldn't find any at that time so we continued on foot till we reached the large checkpoint in Rathmalana. The cops there were very suspicious when we showed up and obviously thought we were up to no good :speechless-smiley-004: but after a quick chat saw that we were quite sober and without a ride home. They asked us to hang around the checkpoint till a vehicle showed up so we did. After about fifteen minutes we see two tuks approaching the checkpoint. They stop and show the cops their DLs and they're about to leave when we ask them to drop us off at Mount. One wheeler agrees so in we go. Now this wheeler has a passenger in the back who is obviously out cold but we don't mind. While traveling I ask him his rates and he says "api Kurunegala yana gaman, api oyagollanwa Mount drop karannang fare ekak one naha" Fantastic! So we get off at our areas (Mount and Dehiwala) thank the wheeler guys and hit the sack :sport-smiley-004: at 0300 hours. Still the most memorable incident I've faced.

And no, we weren't drunk! On the contrary, we were quite sober. :speechless-smiley-003:

You need better friends man. The tuk tuk guy would make a better friend than the one that left you hanging!