• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

When Rotating The Steering Something Is Touching Under The Steering

mazda axela

Hi,

When rotating the steering something is touching under the steering,

Please advice me on this, and is there any good place or mechanic to check other-than the Toyota Lanka

Car - Allion 260

Thanks

Check behind the steering wheel (the Bar which houses the airbag). A small very strip of rectanguler loose plastic would be touching the column housing. If you look closely you might see the scratch marks on the housing as well. You can jut shave it off. This chipping is usually caused by the metal wire which is would on the column anchoring the smart key which cuts in to the wheel sometimes.

Check behind the steering wheel (the Bar which houses the airbag). A small very strip of rectanguler loose plastic would be touching the column housing. If you look closely you might see the scratch marks on the housing as well. You can jut shave it off. This chipping is usually caused by the metal wire which is would on the column anchoring the smart key which cuts in to the wheel sometimes.

I am afraid to check by myself, please tell me is there any better places/mechanics to check

I am afraid to check by myself, please tell me is there any better places/mechanics to check

Mazda Axela, Its' a DIY job. If u can PM me your email , will send u a diagram or If u really want to take it to a mechanic, can give a guy, who works for TL (does outside jobs) but he is in the vicinity of Gampaha. Pls let me know what u prefer.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your time and reply. Finally I managed to fix the issue.
I suspect the problem was due to recently I have upgraded my car with Multi-Function Steering Wheel (which wasn't there earlier) so I called the same guy and informed. As a result he asked me to come there, also I have remembered the guy who did the work replaced the Spiral and put another one (I am not sure why he has replaced that).
So, this time he has put another one (I have paid additional amount) which is better than the earlier one and now the problem is fixed.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your time and reply. Finally I managed to fix the issue.
I suspect the problem was due to recently I have upgraded my car with Multi-Function Steering Wheel (which wasn't there earlier) so I called the same guy and informed. As a result he asked me to come there, also I have remembered the guy who did the work replaced the Spiral and put another one (I am not sure why he has replaced that).
So, this time he has put another one (I have paid additional amount) which is better than the earlier one and now the problem is fixed.

Thanks

Next time, if you come here asking why your car got a bad smell, don't forget to mention that you took a shit with your pants on. It will be a teeny weeny help for us to identify the cause.

The replies given and the question asked now seem to be on two different planets. Like watchman said, the pundits overestimated the OP. Grossly.

I don't understand Cyril Allion's fascination with this multi function business. Even my '68 Datsun has a multi function steering. It steers AND honks the horn. Has four buttons also. What more do you want a steering to do?